Is there any reason blizz made renew garbage(aka doesn't scale with mastery)?

In 25mans holy is a joke.

But in 10mans I would've liked going holy on heroic thok, since blanket renewing the raid would've given me 350k healing per 1.0 GCD without procs(if 0 overheal) compared to blanket shielding's 240k.

Na just kidding, my 45% mastery doesn't actually work on renew, so with 0 overhealing a renew would only heal 235k overall, useless, I'd rather just go disc since disc has the bonus effect of doing 70k dps and effortless smart healing during the kite phase.

So, why the hell does renew not work with mastery while everything else does? If it was hard to program it with echo of light then couldn't mastery grant a flat % bonus to renew?

Deleted
    The renew build is actually quite effective in 10s to the point where having it proc EoL right now might be OP, especially with cloak procs.

Go crit reforge in 10 mans? Or is that too obvious?

you also forgot that by going disc, renew blanketing would roll divine aegis on the raid and scale with mastery :^)

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    you also forgot that by going disc, renew blanketing would roll divine aegis on the raid and scale with mastery :^)
    this right here. end of thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dmfg View Post
    Go crit reforge in 10 mans? Or is that too obvious?
    Yeah cause you can reforge every single point of mastery you have and that base 8% mastery +5% from raid buff definitely isn't wasted at all.

Please think a little.

No improved renew, 1.5 second GCD that heals for jack !@@#. no thanks I'll just pw:s
    Last edited by Fluttershy; 2013-11-12 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    You forgot that Renew can be coded to function separately for Disc and Holy, like it currently does anyway...or it could have been completely been removed from Disc's toolkit like Divine Hymn was!
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

WTH is renew? oh ya that spell we used back in Vanilla. I am a 25 man raider, I use renew about as much as I use Holy nova. Think it is only good in small groups? Back in vanilla priests use to top meters with renew in a 40 man. Chalk it up with the rest of Priests dead spells. Maybe priest will get some attention in the xpac. Maybe we will just coast through another xpac with disc getting all the attention again.

Circle of Healing is not to far behind. I have 720k HP and this spell heals for 35k...... If it wasn't instant cast and low mana cost I wouldn't use it. It might as well be passive and just go off every so often.

Deleted
    EoL ticks from endless rolled renew ticks... just imagine. That's why.

Stacking mastery is a choice. Blanket renew requires direct heals to roll.

Only solution would be to increase the % of rapid renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by Callu View Post
    EoL ticks from endless rolled renew ticks... just imagine. That's why.

Stacking mastery is a choice. Blanket renew requires direct heals to roll.

Only solution would be to increase the % of rapid renewal.

What makes you think renew would benefit more from EoL than any other spell(assuming it worked)? EoL will (over)heal exactly what ever is written on your mastery stat, regardless of spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    What makes you think renew would benefit more from EoL than any other spell(assuming it worked)? EoL will (over)heal exactly what ever is written on your mastery stat, regardless of spell.
    I think he's referring to the fact that it would cause a ton of input lag.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Renew benefits from both haste and crit. Empowered Renew benefits from mastery. In Serenity Chakra the Renew duration is refreshed by direct heals and Cascade. During trinket procs I am getting single Renew ticks that crit for almost 80K. If Mastery affected Renew ticks that would be bonkers. That would be like EoL procing off EoL ticks. That doesn't happen either.

The reason Mastery works so well in a non- renew build is your burst heals are followed up by mini-EoL ticks that smooth out healing over time to heal current and future damage within 6 secs. You honestly don't need Mastery as much if you are directly HoTing people. Still, in my Renew build my top healing done usually looks like: Renew then Cascade then EoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Yeah cause you can reforge every single point of mastery you have and that base 8% mastery +5% from raid buff definitely isn't wasted at all.

Please think a little.
    If you're asking for serious suggestions on how to make holy better on HC Thok 10 man, that is your best shot (even though you can only reforge 40% of it).

If you're asking why Blizzard did not allow Renew to benefit directly from Mastery, ask them, not us.

If you're just bitching for the sake of it then go right ahead I guess.

i dont think that, considering recent events, holy on single-chakra renew in 10man can be a subject of complains

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    WTH is renew? oh ya that spell we used back in Vanilla. I am a 25 man raider, I use renew about as much as I use Holy nova. Think it is only good in small groups? Back in vanilla priests use to top meters with renew in a 40 man. Chalk it up with the rest of Priests dead spells. Maybe priest will get some attention in the xpac. Maybe we will just coast through another xpac with disc getting all the attention again.

Circle of Healing is not to far behind. I have 720k HP and this spell heals for 35k...... If it wasn't instant cast and low mana cost I wouldn't use it. It might as well be passive and just go off every so often.
    That's because in 25M holy is a PoH/PoM/CoH spam machine with occasional divine hymn. Try 10M sometime; renew is basically your best heal there.