Deleted

Question I Think a Huge Problem are Being Forgotten!

I think a huge problem has been forgotten in the development for WoD. What we all know on a crouded server, you will get a glimse of what's being said in the trade channel at a busy hour. Which! basicly is the only channel as well. All tradeskill messages, Looking for people or groups messages takes place there.
    You will spot "keywords" as you are trying to keep up with everything being said. Soon as you thought you saw that keywords, you have to scroll back up to acctually see what was said!

Im no genuis regarding development or programming. But i would like to post an idea of how this may be solved.
    what if you got like a map view of it. like the achivement system kinda works. One click will make you to a new tab. etc
    [Channels]
    - (Tradeskill)
    - Blacksmith channel
    - Tailoring channel
    - Enchanting channel
    - Jewelcrafting channel
    - Engineering channel
    - Secondary Profession channel
    - (General)
    - LFM for Achivment channel
    - LFM for Raid Channel

etc... etc...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Precious Auction House!
    Any changes there? Bringing in % on item prices?
    Would be nice to see that "Pricerunner" acctually came with a solution to this!

/giggle.

Best Regards
    Skjelfjord84

Yeah, let's have 12 channels open at the same time ! I'm sure it will resolve your ''huge'' problem !

I Think a Huge Problem are Being Forgotten Two.

I think your title is the problem.

Deleted
    well. the channel system as we currently are struggeling with isnt really that good is it? and it is a problem. I would atleast like to see a change in it. and no. I didnt mean you should have ALL of these different channels open at the same time. If you are in BS channel e.g than the rest would obviously be closed and you will only see that channel. If you are looking for a raid. well, select that channel and you wont see people looking for Enchants and BS at the same time.

I Think it would be great. but as i also mentioned! Im not a developer or a programmer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    I think your title is the problem.
    what. my title?

creating more channels is all well and good, but people will always go back to posting in trade because in order to get a good deal, or good group you want to advertise to the largest audience. Trade as the largest market so people will instinctively post in there.

I could probably log into the LFG channel and offer free HC SoO clears - but I wouldn't get any whispers because the channel is un-used. offer in trade and you'd get bombarded with requests (obviously that's an example, I am in no where capable of doing soo HC, but you get the point im making).

adding multiple channels will just divide your audience up, minimising your chance at getting the best opportunity because prospective buyers/people haven't joined that particular channel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agzarah View Post
    creating more channels is all well and good, but people will always go back to posting in trade because in order to get a good deal, or good group you want to advertise to the largest audience. Trade as the largest market so people will instinctively post in there.
    Well! could be resolved with sertain channel filter settings. as e.g; in the trade channel. words as BS, Blacksmith and profession links will be banned! and same goes for e.g; Blacksmith channel, words as LFG, LFM or dungeon/raid links will be banned.

In this way, they could more or less force people to go to the correct channel for the various stuff!

Ohh well! Anyway. might be a stupid idea though. i dont know!
    All that i do know is currently the chat channels are messy and doesen't work!

Deleted
    I'm not sure what exactly you're suggesting. Is this about a change to the way the default UI works or about something an addon should be doing? If it's the former, why did you post this in I&M in the first place?

Off-topic but the problem is not UI related in any way.
    The issue is that players should be stating what they actually want, not simply asking for the profession generically or even browsing random links.
    Therefore they get whispers of links with what they actually want, and there is no need for any separate channels.
    A lot of so-called issues are resolved by changes in player behaviour.