Need help mm pvp

I seem to be decent playing against casters but I have no idea how to keep melee off me. There are so many abilities to use and no idea which to use or in what order.

My talents are

CTHC
    Binding shot
    Spirit bond
    Blink strikes
    TotH
    Power shot

Glyph

Explosive trap
    Solace
    Liberation

WW monks just stick to me can't get them off and warriors seem to have lots of ways to stay on top of me. Enhance shams seem to not be affected by slows for some reason. DKs just eat me up from range anyway. Rogues just seem unkillable with evasion up...

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of CTHC, use the web root. It works a lot better vs melee because it stops them from immediately chasing you. It also makes it easier to trap healers by rooting the DPS and trapping the healer, or simply rooting both dps and healer and trap the healer off of it.

Powershot should be replaced with glaive toss. Reason being is that the cast time is too long and can be disarmed mid-cast rendering it being interrupted. Glaive Toss also gives you an additional snare vs monks (roll your concussive shot into glaive toss slow into chimera shot slow, or is there no chimera shot slow (anymore)?) plus it does relatively decent damage.

The glyph of liberation should be replaced with the glyph of spirit bond as it increases healing taken by 10%. Glyph of disengage might also be useful, but it can also be bad at times.

As for kiting the only thing you can do is to keep your target slowed 24/7 and disengage after the melee uses his/her gap closer. Some melee WILL be harder to kite in the long run, primarily rets and enha shamas.

As for the gap closers you should disengage: Flying Serpent Kick, Charge/Heroic Leap, Shadowstep, Second death grip.

Use your master's call wisely. Don't randomly use it. I have no real tips for this as I used to use it incorrectly as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    I seem to be decent playing against casters but I have no idea how to keep melee off me. There are so many abilities to use and no idea which to use or in what order.

My talents are

CTHC - Big mistake. You took the worst talent in the tier.
    Binding shot
    Spirit bond
    Blink strikes
    TotH
    Power shot - This talent is pretty useless most of the time. Only time it's great is when stealthing up to LM and laying one on a couple of idiots standing on the ledge but then you can achieve the same with glyphed explosive trap. Go with Glaive Toss.

Glyph

Explosive trap
    Solace
    Liberation - Also a pretty bad choice. Go with the Spirit Bond glyph (forgot the name)

WW monks just stick to me can't get them off and warriors seem to have lots of ways to stay on top of me. Enhance shams seem to not be affected by slows for some reason. DKs just eat me up from range anyway. Rogues just seem unkillable with evasion up...
    You should consider taking a bird of prey for a pet. Not much kiting when a melee is in your face and you're stunned but a disarm will really count.

Also note that hunter vs. melee depends a lot on the hunter's skill. MM/surv Hunter is probably the only class where if you want to play it good pvp, you either got it or you ain't. It's not like BM facerolling last season, MM needs some manner of skill.
    Last edited by Molestron; 2013-11-04 at 09:31 PM.

My talents are

CTHC
    Binding shot
    Spirit bond
    Blink strikes
    TotH
    Power shot

Glyph

Explosive trap
    Solace
    Liberation

Roar of sacrifice and switching pets for an extra one is amazing it stop critical strikes which fucks over a lot of classes.

Hunter vs Warrior
    Learn to max range charge because it's max range is like 30 yards issh you can shoot from 40 yards away. Stop his leap charge with scatter and if he trinkets or intervenes root him.

Hunter vs death knight
    You can max range death grip (35 yards vs 40 yards) and silence shot will stop him from snaring or using any ranged abilities. Don't arcane shot into anti magic shell its part magic and will give him runic power it also does zero damage when anti magic shell is up.

Hunter vs Enhancement
    Enhancement Shamans have two freedom one is a totem the other is when they pop wolf pets it last like 6 seconds. CC him when he pops ascendance or if he trinkets use cc deter to stop his damage. You can kill the snare totem and root/snare him. Shamans can't be snare below 100% movement speed while in ghost wolf but you can dispel it. I think this one goes to who ever is better lol.

Monk vs Hunter
    I have never fought a monk as a hunter but I have some tips. Snaring the monk during his rolls at the right time will stop him in his tracks. Save your roots for tiger lust its his only root breaker. Snaring on his flying serpent kick will cancel it. Watch out for 10 stacks on brew because that means 100k+ rising sun kicks. Btw Para is the most annoying shit in the world. CC him during touch of karma other that is all I Know. I quit hunter early mop Bm is just lame.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-11-05 at 01:52 AM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Quote Originally Posted by worsthitmanNa View Post
    Monk vs Hunter
    I have never fought a monk as a hunter but I have some tips. Snaring the monk during his rolls at the right time will stop him in his tracks. Save your roots for tiger lust its his only root breaker. Snaring on his flying serpent kick will cancel it. Watch out for 10 stacks on brew because that means 100k+ rising sun kicks. Btw Para is the most annoying shit in the world. CC him during touch of karma other that is all I Know. I quit hunter early mop Bm is just lame.
    Oh hunters have an advantage over ww monks in 1v1. Monks aren't very good vs. ranged classes that kite, if you know what you're doing on a mage or hunter, you should never lose a duel to a monk. As BM hunter you probably can't win cause BM does shit damage this patch and the monk is likely to cc you during BW and the rest of the time he can just tank you with his self heals until you're dead.

Besides, OP, take a look at this.

Im having alot of trouble against rogues. Their ability to lock me down and evasion at the same time just tears me a new one. What do?

Im having alot of trouble against rogues. Their ability to lock me down and evasion at the same time just tears me a new one. What do?
    Roar of sacrifice the opener and kite him make sure to flare and root him as well because he can't vanish. Your pet cc can help as well so having a stun or blind to get a way is nice. Master's call when you get snare/rooted and need space. If he runs burst of speed use chimera then concussive shot whenever he uses burst of speed to remove snares. Your pet has a 1 second root that is fucking annoying and if you can get full traps don't be afraid to switch pets so you can get another roar which fucks both sub and frost mage damage. If you see shadow dance trinket and deter or cc him with your pet because that is a huge part of his damage. Same thing goes for killing spree. Rogues can be out ranged as well btw. Its just hard because of double vanish which makes them kind of sneaky but once that is all gone they are a free honor kill.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-11-10 at 04:38 PM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.