Poll: Do you agree with Blizzard decision ? No content till WOD

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    they have the biggest team ever. millions of dollars at disposal. they'll make a 5.5, there's no way they couldn't.

Wow, I can't believe we're having this discussion again. Can we pull up all the Mists discussions on these very same forums where people guaranteed March and April releases because "It was already done at BlizzCon", "They are promising faster content", "Blizzard won't make us wait" etc... etc... Yes they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    they have the biggest team ever. millions of dollars at disposal. they'll make a 5.5, there's no way they couldn't.
    9 women can't make a baby in a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    They already confirmed there are no more patches coming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshot View Post
    So in your mind this answer means WoD will come out in November/December of next year. The fact that they say the goal is to release it before summer of 2014 means that it will be released in winter of 2014. Got it.
    My goal is to make a million dollars before tomorrow. I might fall short of it. See how goals work? They aren't guarantees.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had a choice between a dinky 5.1 style patch, or a new expansion quicker, I think I'd go with the new expansion.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    My goal is to make a million dollars before tomorrow. I might fall short of it. See how goals work? They aren't guarantees.
    Do you realize how stupid this makes you look? Your random statement that you can't possibly meet versus a company that has been working on a product for quite a while now. They have been working on this expansion for a while, they have producers who do schedules. They know where they are. If they say the goal is for the game to be ready before summer, they will do everything they can to make sure everything's done by then. If it's not, then it may be delayed a short while, but no way will it release in the winter of 2014.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD will probably be released late spring/early summer.

What I find humorous is that a Blue had posted a while back that there will be a pre-expansion game event/patch and now they are saying there wont be one. Great example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. Just like they are saying its not a time travel expansion, then say garrosh and us are going back in time to a pre-outlands draenor...

Deleted
    Do you realize how stupid this makes you look? Your random statement that you can't possibly meet versus a company that has been working on a product for quite a while now. They have been working on this expansion for a while, they have producers who do schedules. They know where they are. If they say the goal is for the game to be ready before summer, they will do everything they can to make sure everything's done by then. If it's not, then it may be delayed a short while, but no way will it release in the winter of 2014.
    I think you took the quote too literally, Stgeorge was simply pointing out that Blizzards mention that they might release WOD before next winter is just all talk. Even blizzard themselves said they are not sure if an early release will happen.
    Last edited by mmoc3728ee3fab; 2013-11-10 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    What I find humorous is that a Blue had posted a while back that there will be a pre-expansion game event/patch and now they are saying there wont be one. Great example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. Just like they are saying its not a time travel expansion, then say garrosh and us are going back in time to a pre-outlands draenor...

Since you seem to have gotten conflicting info, let me straighten things out for you.

#1. There is going to be a pre-xpac event/patch, announced at Blizzcon. It will be a suicide mission throught he Dark Portal into Draenor. There just won't be a proper 5.5 patch.

#2. We are not going back in time. We are going into an alternate reality where GARROSH went back in time and changed history so that the orcs never drank demon blood and Draenor was never destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    Since you seem to have gotten conflicting info, let me straighten things out for you.

#1. There is going to be a pre-xpac event/patch, announced at Blizzcon. It will be a suicide mission throught he Dark Portal into Draenor. There just won't be a proper 5.5 patch.

#2. We are not going back in time. We are going into an alternate reality where GARROSH went back in time and changed history so that the orcs never drank demon blood and Draenor was never destroyed.
    @#1: I thought they said that 'Suicide' event was the first thing you have to do, in the new expansion, to be able to go to Draenor...? If not, that makes me happy that there is an event before the x-pac.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinky View Post
    The only way to teach Blizzard that a long wait is unacceptable is to unsub and wait till the expansion releases.
    This is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    The person you quoted is misinformed. There was no FnF alpha for MoP.
    My guess doesn't really have anything to do with FnF-A, in fact I referenced only beta, not alphas in my response.

Let's make some assumptions and see how it affects the timing.

First off, new character models are a pretty huge part of this expansion. Let's assume they intend to push those out with Warlords. So they've been working on the models for -- what, years? -- and they're suddenly going to go from 2/24 sex/race model updates (currently they've shown us M-Orc and M-Dwarf with some M-Gnome) to 24/24 soon (tm)? Even if they have a system now for getting these models completed I think it's a stretch to say they're going to finish up 22 of them by April.

Let's say they roll out the models after Warlords hits so it won't delay everything else. The other big feature is Garrisons. I might feel motivated enough later to get you video time-stamps, but on every panel that discussed Garrison's, every third answer Cory Stockton gave way, "well, we still have a lot to figure out about Garrisons and how the _______ component will work exactly." In this case, we're not just talking about art assets to generate, we're talking about some lengthy code/tech to write.

What about the new land content? It would seem that since we only got one or two pieces of concept art from every zone but 2 so far, Draenor is a long way from being ready to test, let alone ship.

Again, as everyone says, WoW has a bigger team working on it now. So yeah, maybe that means Beta will only last 4 months this time instead of 6. But even so, I just don't think this x-pac is even close to be ready for testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Go tank. You'll live longer.

Can't say the same thing about keeping your hair, though.

would be nice to have something to hold us through

The only reason they said what they did was because as usual Blizzard don't want to be kept to a deadline before they're 10000000% sure they can get it out by then, they like to take their time and get it right (except Cataclysm).

If they said "definitely before September", then all of a sudden they've set a deadline constantly on their back, even if they're sure they'll beat it.

I'm confident it won't be a year of no content, they said they don't want a repeat of ICC or DS ever again and I don't think the game could handle it tbh. It'll be out June I reckon, as much as they don't want a summer release

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    @#1: I thought they said that 'Suicide' event was the first thing you have to do, in the new expansion, to be able to go to Draenor...? If not, that makes me happy that there is an event before the x-pac.
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/08/bl...-launch-event/

Everyone that's reported on it has said it's pre-launch that I've seen. There is a guided questline at the beginning of the expansion but it takes place on the other side of the portal, I think.

It'll probably be sometime in May, June, or July.

Keep in mind that Mists was announced before the Dragon Soul patch even went live. Warlords being announced two months after Siege patch went live means, even if the development pace is identical to Mists, we're likely to see it by about June or so. The only thing that may have delayed this somewhat is that Siege is by far a more involved patch than Dragon Soul was, development-time-wise. While there was a fair bit of resource reuse in Siege (well-disguised, often), Dragon Soul was 95% recycled resources (even including the maps and boss models, while Siege had some new maps and some new boss models).

They would have gone with a new Annual pass if they think it will take THAT long.

9 women can't make a baby in a month.
    no, but 9 women can make 1 baby a month for 9 months, assuming you allow a nine month leadtime.

sorry, what was your point again?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/08/bl...-launch-event/

Everyone that's reported on it has said it's pre-launch that I've seen. There is a guided questline at the beginning of the expansion but it takes place on the other side of the portal, I think.
    That's awesome!