Poll: Do you agree with Blizzard decision ? No content till WOD

Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

No content for a Year?

Considering we do not have a Beta and looking at past history I think in my opinion Wod won't be out for around a year. Blizzard says they are going to try to get it out sooner. We will see. Either way they said no new content Till WOD comes out

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Another MoP patch would delay WoD, so Patch 5.5 isn't going to happen. The entire team is working on WoD right now, so any more MoP content would slow down development.
    Q: "Typically after you announce something it is another year, but we are at Patch 5.4 now. What content do you have planned for between now and then?"
    A: "Any content we do now will delay the expansion by the same amount of time it took us to make that content. We are completely focused on making the next expansion and will try to deliver that as soon as we can, hopefully on a shorter cycle than players are imagining, but you never know, we will have to see."

Q: "Typically that would be in the Winter of next year. Does that mean it is a goal to bring it in to Summer or Spring?"
    A: "Well certainly the goal is before that, but we'll see, it is very hard for us to predict."
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-11-11 at 09:04 AM.

What makes you doubt they can't get it out somewhere between April-June?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    What makes you doubt they can't get it out somewhere between April-June?
    That's a pretty short beta run, no?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you'd researched a little bit, you'd see there are quotes stating that they definitely want it out and are trying hard as they can to have WoD released before late spring or early summer-- in fact, closer to early spring; probably late March or early April. So ... it most certainly won't be a whole year without new content. And am sure a few folks will get into Beta soon as I'm predicting early Dec closed Beta starts .. mid Dec latest.

source:

Warlords Release Date
    Another MoP patch would delay WoD, so Patch 5.5 isn't going to happen. The entire team is working on WoD right now, so any more MoP content would slow down development.
    Q: "Typically after you announce something it is another year, but we are at Patch 5.4 now. What content do you have planned for between now and then?" A: "Any content we do now will delay the expansion by the same amount of time it took us to make that content. We are completely focused on making the next expansion and will try to deliver that as soon as we can, hopefully on a shorter cycle than players are imagining, but you never know, we will have to see."
    Q: "Typically that would be in the Winter of next year. Does that mean it is a goal to bring it in to Summer or Spring?" A: "Well certainly the goal is before that, but we'll see, it is very hard for us to predict."

Taken from MMO Champs front page, straight from the Q&A at Blizzcon
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

pretty short Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Depends when Beta opens, and depends how far along they are.

Remember they got the whoooole Titan team back on WoW during MoP and would've put alot of those on WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

WoD beta to start in Jan/Feb run for 6 months then release. Still leaves us with no new content for 8 - 9 months

Subs will continue to bleed out but it'll spike back up again when the expansion comes out as usual.

The lack of content won't affect me as I don't play WoW during the school year. (except on Christmas break)

Sounds to me like they're forgoing another patch to get the expansion out FASTER.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Sounds to me like they're forgoing another patch to get the expansion out FASTER.
    Someone already complained about it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Why does everyone always act shocked and complain about a close to year-long lull after the final raid comes out when this has happened in every single expansion so far?

Hasn't killed the game yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it will be a year. ICC to Cataclysm was a year. DS to MoP was less. As to whether or not we're in alpha or beta, no new classes and no new races will shorten things up a bit. There was already a dungeon available at Blizzcon and some of the leveling content. Apparently they are well along, have a larger team and intent on not wasting any time.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, can we relax for just a few, just a few. Just play the game, or if you're bored, take a break. Go with the flow. Stop worrying so much, im sure that you know that thier team is a lot bigger now too.

The sooner that I can get off the timeless isle, the better. Let's not drag this out any longer than we have to.

Deleted
    You'll see WoD between late March and early May. No need to get worried about doing SoO for more than 7 months.

We already have one of these threads, and also anyone that thinks we are going to sit on SoO for a year must be crazy.

Way too early for this kind of speculation. Not shocked, tho ... sensationalism and hyperbole fuel the internet.

If we aren't in beta by January / February, sure. But as it stands it is within the realm of possibility to get WoD out by April, with May or June looking to be viable release date candidates.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

There have been numerous mentions of 6.0 being released as soon as possible, and that we should expect it sooner than anticipated. As they are moving every developer to WoD, it will greatly reduce the development and testing time, thus we won't be stuck in SoO for 8-9 months, as some suggest. Nothing is set in stone, but i personally believe Beta might begin very early January, and we might just see a release in March/April.
    <Novum Genus> - Tarren Mill Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    I can even see our lil christmas present beeing the beta, close to that area, or a bit later. So yeah, just take it easy.

Deleted
    Afaik the family anf friends alpha hasn't even started. I think we are looking at beta in late february and release late august / early september.