Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post

*flips a fucking table*
    LOL made me smile

15+ Year Old Account
    So I watched every panel.
    And to me devs seemed to be very restrained, so instead of answering someones question: "No, move along", they tried to be funny.
    And like people already mentioned, there was so many dumb questions, I feel bad for Ian Hazzikostas (think that's correct), people walking up asking the same question when he already expressed the reasons and sympathy for those players.
    Also just saying, Eric Browning

This guy right here, must have more spotlight. Both, 2013 and 2011 Blizzcon's he was easily one of the most entertaining devs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    They really need someone to pre screen all the questions.
    That won't help. Then people will accuse them of not answering hard questions.

@fengas: Yeah, Browning was funny, knowledgeable, knew how to get it across and was really entertaining. One of the stars of the show for me too.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-11-10 at 10:25 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Highlight of the year was this:

"Welcome to the Developer panel. Let's talk about gameplay and mathematics and statistics and stuff."
    "CAN I ASK LORE QUESTIONS HERE?"
    "No."
    "WELL I'M GOING TO ASK A LORE QUESTION RIGHT NOW, ORCS AND THINGS, DROOLING ON MYSELF."

The thing about people announcing name and server, that's actually at the request of Blizzard from the question people.

Although I seriously facepalmed when that one girl gave out her Battletag on top of that. WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by Treekodar View Post
    "Why is there a lion on the Alliance crest when there are no lions in the Eastern Kingdoms? HURRRRRRR"
    The answer to that question was hilarious. Really made my day after hearing all the ridiculous questions.

I enjoyed the fact that they didn't just spill EVERYTHING about the game again before it's even in beta to be honest.

The one panel that disappointed me was the WoW movie panel.

Honestly it was just an hour of the people involved in the film wanking each other off and saying how great they all are. If they couldn't say anything except 2 character names and a bit of concept art they shouldn't have made it an hour long panel

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I enjoyed the fact that they didn't just spill EVERYTHING about the game again before it's even in beta to be honest.

The one panel that disappointed me was the WoW movie panel.

Honestly it was just an hour of the people involved in the film wanking each other off and saying how great they all are. If they couldn't say anything except 2 character names and a bit of concept art they shouldn't have made it an hour long panel
    Yea, that panel was a let down, however props to the guy who actually asked what rating it's going to be. And I was satisfied with Duncan's answer.
    PG-13. Did you see Batman? Did you see scene with a pencil? Yea, that's what kinda shit you can get away with PG-13.
    So hope is not lost.

Anyone remember the original Star Wars movies? Luke got his hand chopped off. I just watched Thor the other day and he got his hand chopped off too.

The problem is we've been spoiled by Game of Thrones. They were really careful not to compare it to Lord of the Rings for very obvious reasons but those movies are dark, grim, and while not outright gorey, thats enough to tell most stories.

The real problem with R rated films is that they don't get enough sales at this point. Because they don't get enough sales, studios aren't willing to give them the 100+ million dollar budget and 50-[100 million to market them that they require.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    The Q&A panels are always amusing to watch. They aren't being mean. People saying their name, realm, and something else really should be against the rules though. That slows things down every year. The gap between questions was also longer this year.

There wasn't a huge need for a class panel, as there aren't any major changes to talk about yet. This time around they are removing skills instead of adding them.

I do wish the WoW Movie panel had been used for something else. The meat of the content in it could have been covered in 5 or 10 minutes.

Also not a fan of the Q&A panel ending 5 min before it was supposed to be over.
    To add to this... They allowed class questions in the open Q&A that wasn't supposed to have class questions. It even says on the schedule "No class questions."

Also, I get tired of people going up there and asking 3 questions or pushing their question after getting an answer they're not satisfied.

And patting myself on the back, I just got up there, set up the question, asked the question, and thanked them for the answer.

Kind of agree, they didn't answer some questions at all. Some people also waited in line for a long time and got a simple "We'll look into it" or "No" as an answer. Well, maybe now all the Blizz fanboys will realise if they let Blizz do anything they want to them, they will.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treekodar View Post
    It sounded like they had fun more than anything. Lighthearted humour pissed you off? Okay.
    The real morons were the people asking completely asinine questions (after having listed their realm, guild, char name, alt name, measurements, what theu had for dinner and how all their characters are level 90) such as:
    "The Celestial Dragons are not Celestials or dragons, what is up with that".
    "I am in a 10 man guild, what do I do".
    "I am in a 10 man guild, what options do I have".
    "I am in a 10 man guild, how do I recruit".
    "I am in a 10 man guild, how do I count to 20?".
    "Vanilla server? VANILLA SERVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR".
    "Why is there a lion on the Alliance crest when there are no lions in the Eastern Kingdoms? HURRRRRRR"
    "Eyes of the Beast please? It was very gud for me".
    "Why would I pay for server transfer now?". <-- Like.. what?
    It was an amazing experience watching this all take place on the virtual ticket, now I really know the type of people the mindlessly get on these forums spout off the top of there heads some really useless stuff. Of all the questions that could have been asked. Some of the examples you listed are the ones that were asked. Some of these questions were not only asked once, but in all 4 WOW Q&A sessions. It was truly priceless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    Kind of agree, they didn't answer some questions at all. Some people also waited in line for a long time and got a simple "We'll look into it" or "No" as an answer. Well, maybe now all the Blizz fanboys will realise if they let Blizz do anything they want to them, they will.
    If you ask a vague question, you are going to receive a vague answer in return. Just because someone can't form their question to a point where Blizzard feels comfortable giving a answer. They are not about to just throwing things out there to later have to retract on, because someone got on forum and/or twitter and completely misconstrued the answer they gave to some vague question.

GC even made reference to this when he said something about the replacing the reforger on the yak with a transmogger. He did not want to say anything because someone would later come back and say you promised to do this or that. They are not going to give people ammunition by answer very simple vague questions. So if you waited in a long line to ask a very simple vague question, then that the reason you got a vague or no answer in return.