The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

No recustomisation after new models

"There will be no free re-customization for characters after new character models."

What the hell??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

So, when new models come out, we have to stick with the old one or get a random one and then have to pay like £10 to make the character the way we want? Whats the deal with that?

There already is one of these http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...lton-just-said, though kudos to you, you at least choose a proper and descriptive thread title.

It seems to be that the deal is if you don't like how your character looks you have to pay the re-customization fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou
    Also, Kodo is on fire. Bad Taurens! Fire bad for Kodo! Oh look it's dead now....oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Blizzard, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you spend precious development time making a new, interesting feature and then turn around and try to make money off said development time. I AM ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING YOU EVER MAKE FOR FREE BECAUSE I BOUGHT THAT GAME THAT ONE TIME.
    Credit goes to Chris Hanel of The Daily Blink for the beautiful avatar picture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Whats the deal with that?
    $$$ Money $$$

This is a legitimate point of concern, in my opinion. Considering how drastic the changes are to the models' faces and potentially skin tone, I can see a lot of potentially upset players. I think this is something that Blizzard might change as we get closer to launch, as the community will no doubt be up in arms about this (especially the rpers). Honestly, I'm just happy we're getting updated models. That's enough for me and if it really is a big deal I'll just use the instant 90 to make a character I want. Regardless, I know I'll be making a TON of alts after the update .

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    "There will be no free re-customization for characters after new character models."

What the hell??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

So, when new models come out, we have to stick with the old one or get a random one and then have to pay like £10 to make the character the way we want? Whats the deal with that?
    it's not random
    same: hair, features, skin color, face, (whatever i forgot)
    ALL updated

This was what i thought as well, what if my upgraded model looks stupid and i dont like it, It really should be a free re-customise for all toons when the new models come out, only one per toon and all but it really should be free for the first one.

Maybe they will update the barber to become a surgeon... One can only hope ^^

Considering the idea is to keep the facial features mostly the same it makes sense. The whole update is supposed to just take the model you chose when you started wow, and upgrade those same looks to fit with the current models. Obviously they may not get it 100% every time, but chances are those are still the options you'll "connect" with over the other upgraded versions of faces that you skipped to begin with. Honestly when it comes down to it, a trip to the barber shop will probably put you more at ease than paying to redo your character anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nyxtyr View Post
    it's not random
    same: hair, features, skin color, face, (whatever i forgot)
    ALL updated
    If you check the pictures of the models that we got, you can see the faces are far from being similar, comparing the old to the new one. It looks like a completely new face. Blizzard can seduce fans all they want with "We work extra carefully to make the new face be similar to the old one as much as possible", but they are far from being similar.

That's why a free customisation should happen. So we can make our characters appear as we think they should be, not how Blizzard think they should be, otherwise we need to pay them.

That is disappointing.

I was really hoping for one free appearance change for each character. (available only for a limited time, of course)

I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope that the transformation will be kind to my different characters. *crosses fingers*
    ——————▲—————▲———
    ————————————————
    ———▼—————▼——————
    —Ⓐ—————Ⓐ————————

If it is the face I have to my characters right now, but just updated with much more polygons and bones then I suppose I will have no issue and I ll like it. But that needs to be seen first. But the whole story smells like a stupid f2p game...they update their shop not the game in the end. They also think to sell instant 90 on the shop and the new models they wanna sell and bingo..you have a sub game with an expansion mostly focuses on their shop.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still very early. It's entirely possible Blizzard didn't have many options to choose from when it came to showing the new models, which is why some comparisons looked very different. Just have to wait and see when the updating is closer to completion. You might look much more similar then.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    hmmmm, I hope at least the face and skin is ok. I can change the rest at the barber if i don't like it