• FU BLIZZ FUFUFUFU!!! *rage*

254 36.49%
  • Cool! *pulls out wallet* Two please.

442 63.51%

Thread: Buying lvl 90's

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    I'm willing to bet that virtually everyone who supports this nonsense now will come crawling back, crying about it when even more terrible players begin to plague the game once it's released.
    There's no way that people will get worse. Simply impossible, have you ever done LFR?

Anyway, I like the idea. I don't really see any negatives with it, and it's another source of income for Blizzard and a nice convenience for players like me that hate leveling very much. Grinding quests for 30 hours isn't that fun when it could be time spent doing something interesting.

I'm willing to bet that virtually everyone who supports this nonsense now will come crawling back, crying about it when even more terrible players begin to plague the game once it's released.
    That will be a problem but my main complaint is that leveling is an important part of the game and imho the most fun. Well most fun until the third time. Missing all the lore and characters and like you say the skill to play a character is a big negative.

Deleted
    I think it would be great.

Your poll options makes you sound like you're 12 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I went back and bolded the part i think you missed

The team has talked about putting a level 90 purchase option in the store, but it hasn't been decided yet.
    Depend how much it cost, 50 euro not even considering it 10 euro can be an option; but if a measly pet cost 10 euro and a mount 20 i higly dubt something like that, considering how much they can earn by letting peoples buy the battlechest+xpacks for the free 90, cost less than 40-50 euro.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    There's no way that people will get worse. Simply impossible, have you ever done LFR?
    I didn't say players would get worse, I said that more terrible players would be introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    I think it would be great.

Your poll options makes you sound like you're 12 years old.
    Wow tough room. I guess trying to make the poll options somewhat humorous went down like a lead balloon.

I'm perfectly okay with it. I would love to play with some of my old friends again from Wrath and Cata but I know they most likely won't be able to find the time to level up to 90 AND THEN level to 100. Plus I've been trying to get my brother in the game for a while now and he always quits at level 30ish because of how boring getting levels in the old world is nowadays.

I've recently begun leveling on a vanilla server for nostalgia's sake and, while I find that to be enjoyable and difficult, I realize leveling now is vastly different. The reason Vanilla-Wrath leveling was enjoyable for me was the way the talent system and the spell rank system worked. Yes the spell rank system was annoying but, as they mentioned at Blizzcon, it felt nice to go buy this buffed up version of a spell you had already been using when you hit a certain level. Gaining a talent every level, even if it was a lame one such as 1% more crit on fire spells, felt like I was striving for something. I understand why they changed the talents though. As fun as leveling was with it in place, max level talents were very boring. They decided to change the model to allow for more compelling gameplay at max level which had the unfortunate side effect of making leveling less fun.

I personally found myself willing to level my 85s up to 90... but very difficult to want to level from 1-90 now. This change is welcome EVEN IF I will only be getting the "free" one from buying the expansion once.

Everyone is going to level at least one character from scratch, just to learn the core mechanics of the game and get a feel of it, when they start out. For people who want alts, it is a great way to do it. Learning a new class is really not that hard once you are on the last grind towards max level (90 -> 100).

Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    Buy a lvl 90 when leveling is the most fun part of the game? Wierd!
    To each their own. I cant stand leveling 80-90.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Its not for me, but you KNOW there are people who will see the new pvp flavour of the month or something and buy a new copy of warlords AND a transfer. Paying like $4 or something instead is cheaper for them and less crap for blizzard to deal with on their end.

Wouldn't do it myself but its a more elegant solution to the problem than a dude regularly going down to the store for another copy. And we know those guys exist, we've all seen the images of the multi boxers in mists with a 6 foot high stack of wow copies.

I didn't say players would get worse, I said that more terrible players would be introduced.
    Really? How? Leveling isn't even a barrier to weed out bad players. It's a barrier to weed out people who don't know how fun the game actually is in current content. Desolate wastelands and boring grinds are not what this game is about. It's about progressing your max level character and interacting with a population who undoubtedly have all moved off Azeroth and onto better and more current things.

i'd probably hate it if it wasn't for RaF but as it is you can do something pretty close to buying one with RaF.

That will be a problem but my main complaint is that leveling is an important part of the game and imho the most fun. Well most fun until the third time. Missing all the lore and characters and like you say the skill to play a character is a big negative.
    That's a part of my complaint as well and if I'm not mistaken, Blizzard has mentioned not liking that players level too fast and skip through content. Yet now they're considering implementing a purchasable feature to do just that.

Deleted
    Its like a giant middle finger to anyone who has multiple level 90s. The one free level 90 is fine because they have stated there will be a tutorial style part to teach you how to play your new level 90.

It feels like they are moving towards a pay to win model

That's a part of my complaint as well and if I'm not mistaken, Blizzard has mentioned not liking that players level too fast and skip through content. Yet now they're considering implementing a purchasable feature to do just that.
    Indeed. It sounds very counterintuitive to mmo design. They will be effectively rendering 90% of the content irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by makmi View Post
    Its like a giant middle finger to anyone who has multiple level 90s. The one free level 90 is fine because they have stated there will be a tutorial style part to teach you how to play your new level 90.

It feels like they are moving towards a pay to win model
    One question dude.

What have the won?

Deleted
    Not like this hasn't been happening since forever. Have you seen how fast you level with RaF and heirlooms? You can easily be 80, now 85 in a matter of hours. This really does not change much. Stop turning this into a "Blizzard is going to ruin the game with this" because it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Really? How? Leveling isn't even a barrier to weed out bad players. It's a barrier to weed out people who don't know how fun the game actually is in current content. Desolate wastelands and boring grinds are not what this game is about. It's about progressing your max level character and interacting with a population who undoubtedly have all moved off Azeroth and onto better and more current things.
    I never said or implied it was, but at least you have a greater chance of teaching players how to grasp the mechanics of their class before reaching endgame content through leveling. It's not a perfect system, but this feature will completely destroy any hope of them becoming at least somewhat educated.

With MoP, many of us just used RaF to do this for free level 80 monks anyway. I don't see any harm in it except that there'll be plenty of "GO to this site XX here for free gold/epic WoD Gear" in the new zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they are thinking about it. You think it is a step too far down the pay to win road or simple convenience?
    I have no issues with that. Bad players will be bad even if they leveled from 1-100 by themselves... In my opinion the instant 90 will discourage those players to play as there will be a lot to learn from the start, and they are bad because they are lazy. Yeah, they might buy all the classes. But, who cares? You should really stop caring about what other people do with their money.

In fact I am loving this feature. I am seriously thinking about returning to WoW now. I wasn't interested in MoP after I quit in late Cataclysm. And leveling through Pandaria would bother me as I don't like the overall theme, but that is off-topic... It also present a chance to free realm transfer basically, something which I am happy about.

However I have one big question about this feature. Does it mean I have to buy all the expansions before WoD (Only MoP for me)? It could present a good breaking point for WoW, WoD could be new starting place (WoW2 if you like). On all of the previous expansion it says it requires all the previous ones, wish this wouldn't be the case. Could anybody answer me if this is even possible? Because let's face it, after 6 expansions buying every single of them is going to discourage a lot of new players to start playing WoW in the first place, even if they are relatively cheap.