254 36.49%
  • Cool! *pulls out wallet* Two please.

442 63.51%

Thread: Buying lvl 90's

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    I've known since Wrath of the Lich King that Blizzard was going to allow you to pay to "win" World of Warcraft. It started with the paid "optional" features, took hold with the purchasable transmogrification gear, and now we're going to see every ninny and nincompoop buying their way to the "finish line". Even if I had a money tree growing in my backyard like most people seem to have, I would not touch this feature regardless of my desperation to avoid the repeated tedium of leveling a new character. There's no sense of accomplishment and no way to truly grasp the intricacies of the individual class mechanics. It is nothing more than a testament to Blizzard's hypocrisy and greed.
    This game is becoming more and more of a micro-transaction game, imho they are preparing "us" to go F2P.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    If someone doesn't learn their class from 90-100, they wouldn't learn it from 1-100 either.
    This. If someone wants to shell out $50+ dollars to get one too to 90, more power to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    Buy a lvl 90 when leveling is the most fun part of the game? Wierd!
    For me its the other way around - leveling is the least fun part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    For me its the other way around - leveling is the least fun part of the game.
    Also this. Raiding is the most fun in the game for me, can't stand leveling or really anything else that gets in the way of me raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Suprm View Post
    This game is becoming more and more of a micro-transaction game, imho they are preparing "us" to go F2P.
    They aren't preparing us for F2P game. They just use microtranscations on top of subscription because they can and people will pay into it.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by zolok2.0 View Post
    Funny! I just was talking to my bro about this. Because on the slide it says "You get one character boosted to level 90 for free!" so I was like when they said free, it means they plan on putting it in the store. Greedy greedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I went back and bolded the part i think you missed

The team has talked about putting a level 90 purchase option in the store, but it hasn't been decided yet.
    It's been decided, they are just testing the reaction and letting people adapt (item squish). Language can give away a lot if you are willing to pay attention.

I'm indifferent; that is the poll option I need. I can see why people are scared or angry about it; I can see why some will love it. The price point is going to be an issue of contention as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the idea of new players picking up the xpac and having a 90 already.
    We have enough horrible players at end game as it is.

Don't understand why Blizzard likes punishing those who spend more time invested in the game.

But aside from that, leveling is a huge part of what makes players attached to their characters. It's a significant portion of investment into any character.

We're moving further and further away from hitting max level as an achievement, just like every feature in this game.
    Whatever, if you see my Shaman griefing players throughout this expansion, you'll know why. It's your fault

I prefer levelling, and will continue to do so.

Other people buying 90's will have no impact on my experience. It doesn't make the game easier, it just skips an easy grind. I draw the line when people can start buying best in slot items for real money (ie: D3 AH).

The more options the better. I can see that feature appealing to veteran players who are tired of the grind. If people want to pay the price for being lazy they can do so :P

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Another one of these threads? Why do you care? You forgot the option in your shit poll that most people don't give a shit who buys what.
    That option is piss off and read another thread. So you came to a thread you don't give a shit about just to inform everyone you don't give a shit? Gee thanks buddy! We will all sleep better now.

Should be able to give out infractions for very biased poll options when given a poll.

Anyways, Blizzard is right. With a free 90 with each game purchase(which is great), you could just buy a new game, put it on a new account, then transfer from that account to your main, and close the old. Why not just skip the long process and give those who want the option too.

This more so falls back into the category of Timer Saver than P2W, so I don't really have a problem with it. Personally I don't think it would even be that big to a lot of people. If they haven't put in the effort to already level a class, how much effort will they put into learning and gearing that new character? Sure there will be people, but I think the majority of people will use it once max.

Quote Originally Posted by Yingyang View Post
    Should be able to give out infractions for very biased poll options when given a poll.
    Again with the biased poll nonsense? It is a simple for or against poll. If you don't care then don't vote. Ignore the whole thread infact. It is not hard. Some people have given interesting opinions thus far. Feel free to report me tho. Well assuming you have not yet done so.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Again with the biased poll nonsense? It is a simple for or against poll. If you don't care then don't vote. Ignore the whole thread infact. It is not hard. Some people have given interesting opinions thus far. Feel free to report me tho. Well assuming you have not yet done so.
    Its not really nonsense. It is a poll with 2 extreme options. They make it look like you want blizzard to die, or that you want to just cant wait to spend money. Why not give a few other non extreme options like "Would rather not see it in game" or "Wont use but not against" or "good idea, wont use" and "good idea, will use". The two opinions we have look like they are going to be used to try and make some crazy argument of why the game is dieing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yingyang View Post
    The two opinions we have look like they are going to be used to try and make some crazy argument of why the game is dieing.
    If you don't like the poll based on your unfounded assumptions then feel free not to participate. I find 'Don't Know!' options on polls to be pointless. No one cares that you don't care. It is irrelevant information. Anyone who did not vote does not care about the question. That is a given.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pay to win going into full effect with support from many fans. Booooooo

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Pay to win going into full effect with support from many fans. Booooooo
    so this gives you a full set of raid gear and lvl 100 as well? thought it was just lvl 90 so you had to lvl the last 10 yourself. i dont see how this is pay to win at all

No "I don't care" option but that would be what I would pick. I have plenty of 90's and don't really need anymore so I wouldn't use the feature anyways. But at the same time, it wouldn't bother me if others used it.

I like how none of this would have mattered had it happened during BC, if It did it would have been publicly shamed and would have never of made it to live. My beef with this isn't about those of us who have several 90's, you getting another 90 isn't going to hurt this game, and frankly I don't think this free 90 is meant for any of us, it's for those who never played WoW or quit WoW ages ago only because they didn't want to spend the time leveling, that's a poor excuse to hand someone a level 90 character.

This comic book fantasy notion that Blizzard is doing this for the benefit of those of us already playing is a flat out lie, because that's what some people are trying to sell. In the end the sole reason they are doing this is to garner more subs. Not to mention removing stats, which is almost always a bad thing and in this case it is a bad thing.

I'm no hardcore player myself, I do my LFR's and dallies, some dungeons and log off. LFR is already a mess as it is now with the countless wipes because people don't know the mechanics of the fight, which is almost non existent, or they don't know how to play their class. Another problem is class population. Trying to gear my priest right now is so frustrating and tedious, there's a glut of priests running around and I just know giving someone the option to insta lvl a 90, especially heals, 6 times out of 10 they'll roll a priest. People like to claim how much they want vanilla back but just reading through this thread it's obvious the vast majority don't wan't that.

Am I going to quit? Hell no, but the least they could have done is give those who actually leveled their class a title, but Blizzard would never do that because it would be segregation and open for abuse. Whatever, I just know we'll be seeing more wipes, more players who don't know how to play their class, more assholes, cause they have nothing invested in this game, just a bunch of expansions and a lvl 90 which they can just buy again.

I'm just going to pitch my two cents in here. Buying level 90s isn't that big of a deal to me as it seems a simple thing to help get people to expac content. I have a hunter alt that I will continue to level up normally because it's fairly straightforward and kind of fun. I'll be using my 90 boost from the expac for my monk character because the low level monk experience isn't that much fun to me, but once I have all my class abilities and can actually begin learning proper rotations it will be quite enjoyable to run through content.

If they put the option to buy a character boost in, then so what? You will have more people playing if they are told they don't have to grind through old content and, IMO, more people playing is always a good thing.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Imo they should start selling premade lvl 100 characters with heroic dungeon gear full gemmed and enchanted (raid ready).
    I would buy it.