254 36.49%
  • Cool! *pulls out wallet* Two please.

442 63.51%

Thread: Buying lvl 90's

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zrudo View Post
    Because let's face it, after 6 expansions buying every single of them is going to discourage a lot of new players to start playing WoW in the first place, even if they are relatively cheap.
    Well Vanilla, BC, WOTLK and Cataclysm are all in the Battle Chest now so you'd only be buying MoP £15-20~ and Warlords when it's released.

Leveling is pointless anyway, all the magic happens in high level / newest continent / Pandaria.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with it as long as there is a clause about needing X amount of max level characters before you can purchase a level 90 or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why isn't there the option: "It doesn't bother me at all"

I'm against paid services in general (in the sense that I feel most of them should be free, given we're already paying a subscription) but I'd totally be willing to pay for this; it's the only way I'll ever have every class, cause I despise leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    For people who already have a level 90 char, not a problem. But for new players? Big problem.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol for us Mutliboxers its awesome, I box x5, and have 4 sets of 5, level 90's, free 90's x5 is awesome for me and for Garrisons to come :P

Boxing community is Very hyped about this and some other stuff coming, so I like it :P
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's the "I don't care" option? I'll just chose that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont really like/ or will ever use it tbh, my two main are already 90 ! I do not like having a handfull of character, but thats my taste ^^

I love the idea. I just started playing on US again after playing on EU for the past 4 years. On EU was I playing a Pally but on US I have a Priest that is about to hit 90. I really want a Pally there also but it's going to take a while to level without any Heirlooms so if I could, I would spend some money to have a 90 Pally there (which I already know how to play)

Also I think if they do allow you to purchase 90s it should start until 2 or 3 months after WoD and should have a limit and/or a cooldown on how many you can buy.
    Last edited by Ratboy; 2013-11-11 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    lol for us Mutliboxers its awesome, I box x5, and have 4 sets of 5, level 90's, free 90's x5 is awesome for me and for Garrisons to come :P

Boxing community is Very hyped about this and some other stuff coming, so I like it :P
    That is a pretty good point. I wonder if the multiboxer scene will expand without the hassle of leveling so many accounts? I guess it will also pretty much kill those sketchy sites that offer a leveling service.

If they do go for it i am wondering what sort of bags and gear you will get. Will the come with professions? Hmm...

Being max level was never the equivalent of know what the hell to do, so yes I think it's a good idea because I would willingly pay money to be max level because I hate leveling. Those that enjoy it still can do it.

Meh, it'll encourage new players to want to play. One of my roommates doesn't want to get into WoW because he'd be too far behind starting completely new now, but come expansion he can at least jump right in right away with the rest of us leveling.

If it does bring a lot more new players, it'll definitely create a big chunk of players that aren't experienced and thus will struggle at endgame. However I bet a lot of these players will hit 100, play for a little bit, and then quit the game anyway, and the ones who stay will probably be committed enough to being better at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    how is it pay to win if you pay for a character that's 10 levels below level cap, thus not as nearly as powerful as a lvl 100 ??
    ...You do realize you pay for 90 levels? *facepalm*

It's hardly "pay to win".

You're paying for 90 levels out of 100. Much cool. Many exp. Wow.

All jokes aside, get over it. It's levels. They're not buying gear, reps, achievements, or anything that actually matters. Hell, buying a Mount provides more than buying a level 90 would. At least the store mounts count towards the X amount of mounts achievements. What does buying a 90 provide? Saved time. That's it. Who cares.

As much as I would love to say that WoW is about the journey to max level, it isn't. The leveling experience is such a minor aspect of the game. I welcome this change with open arms.
    I just started doing "Let's Play" videos on YouTube. If you are into that kind of thing, please check it out and subscribe if you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Having an instant 90 is just a perk of the new expac, and as many have noticed you can game the system to get unlimited free 90s if you're willing to shell out the real money for it. It makes sense to offer a paid service to just grant a 90.
    Have fun paying for:
    - Original WoW (comes with BC/LK) ~$20
    - Cataclysm ~$30
    - MoP ~$40
    - WoD ~$40-50
    - Character Transfer $25

Total: $155-165

So y'know, if you really want to spend THAT much on a 90, by all means, go for it.

PS: They're not free if you pay for them... o_O;
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Have fun paying for:
    - Original WoW (comes with BC/LK) ~$20
    - Cataclysm ~$30
    - MoP ~$40
    - WoD ~$40-50
    - Character Transfer $25

Total: $155-165

So y'know, if you really want to spend THAT much on a 90, by all means, go for it.

PS: They're not free if you pay for them... o_O;
    Or if you already have those all you need to do is buy the WoD expansion and get a 'free' 90.

Personally I'll probably just get 2 expansions to uprade my 2 active accounts and get 1 90 monk and 1 90 something else and call it a day.

Putting purchased level 90's on the store is a non issue. Nobody learns how to play a class while leveling anyway since it is completely faceroll.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the problem. Video games have been selling boosts for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    For people who already have a level 90 char, not a problem. But for new players? Big problem.
    Why? New players are the ones who actually need this, so they can join their friends without spending 3+ weeks grinding alone through half-a-decade old content.

If I invite new friends to play, I would much rather they drop in and be able to join me doing quests/leveling rather than saying "Hey, come play with me. And by 'with me' I mean all by yourself see you at 100 chump!"

Don't mind it as long as they don't ignore the super easy and boring 1-85 questing. If they just make it more challenging in quests and dungeons that would be great. I love leveling and won't EVER buy a 90 (besides the free one with the expansion)

The poll questions are bit biased though, makes people who hate instant 90s seem like raging four year olds.

Also IF they made the questing challenging and a learning experience, don't allow new players an option for a 90. As of right now though the leveling is so simple and mindless that I don't care if they get one or not.