696. This poll is closed
  • FU BLIZZ FUFUFUFU!!! *rage*

254 36.49%
  • Cool! *pulls out wallet* Two please.

442 63.51%

Thread: Buying lvl 90's

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Honestly I am ok with it. Part of my issue with leveling any alts is the questing and leveling anyways. If I feel like the service isn't too expensive for what it offers I would consider using it. I just hope they plan to reduce the current price of the current paid services like faction/server transfers. They are grossly overpriced especially considering I have 4 level 90 alts I would love to use in some way shape or form between playing them on my current server or professions. However $220 isn't worth all that...the prices should be 1/4 of what they are now. That would put realm transfers at about $6 and faction swaps at about $8 bucks. So really let's just boost it to $10 for a server swap and $15 for a faction swap and That's a good price imo. More people would use the services too...I know they had a surge of people using the transfer services during that 50% off sale over the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    Don't mind it as long as they don't ignore the super easy and boring 1-85 questing. If they just make it more challenging in quests and dungeons that would be great. I love leveling and won't EVER buy a 90 (besides the free one with the expansion)

The poll questions are bit biased though, makes people who hate instant 90s seem like raging four year olds.

Also IF they made the questing challenging and a learning experience, don't allow new players an option for a 90. As of right now though the leveling is so simple and mindless that I don't care if they get one or not.
    people are concerned about it, because they have seen the issues with introducing micro-transactions already. Blizzard have paid server transfers, Blizzard do nothing to correct servers with severe faction imbalances, or with low populations, because why would they? fixing it would reduce their income.

if paid level 90s came in, why would they ever fix the levelling process? it would actually encourage them to make it worse (more grind, harder, less fun) because that would generate MORE income for them.

thats what people are worried about.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

It would be cool if they would have added the option to buy 90 level. Leveling is so boring atm. Moreover, they will not remove the old-way leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    people are concerned about it, because they have seen the issues with introducing micro-transactions already. Blizzard have paid server transfers, Blizzard do nothing to correct servers with severe faction imbalances, or with low populations, because why would they? fixing it would reduce their income.

if paid level 90s came in, why would they ever fix the levelling process? it would actually encourage them to make it worse (more grind, harder, less fun) because that would generate MORE income for them.

Good points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You can technically buy as many level 90s as you want if you buy another copy of the game, get the level 90, and then transfer the character to your main account each time. The team has talked about putting a level 90 purchase option in the store, but it hasn't been decided yet.

So they are thinking about it. You think it is a step too far down the pay to win road or simple convenience?
    I personally haven't decided, if people want to spend their money, it is they right to do so.

But i can understand it, if i haven't played this game for like 6 years now, i wouldn't buy it, but now i am kindy sick of leveling to this point. ( I kinda get bored in wow pretty quick nowdays, maybe getting too old ).

But for me the journey to get something is worth as much as the reward, i will go even futher reward isn't worth a damn penny if you haven't worked for it.

Sew

This is true.

It makes sense to me because some players see leveling as "content" (my wife is one), while others see it as a chore. It can be fun the first time or two, but after your 6th or 7th run through a zone it's a bore.

It's kind of a moot point for me because most of my toons are 80+ anyway. Not sure I would may much of anything for those 8 or 9 levels.

- - - Updated - - -

Aren't connected realms supposed to alleviate some of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Aren't connected realms supposed to alleviate some of this?
    which they announced after they had dropped the price of server transfers to "encourage" people to move before they knew what was happening.

kind of backs up my point.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

most people who've played mop has plenty 90s pre WoD anyhow. with raf lasting to 85 now on top, getting a bunch of 90s is too easy to be worth buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You can technically buy as many level 90s as you want if you buy another copy of the game, get the level 90, and then transfer the character to your main account each time. The team has talked about putting a level 90 purchase option in the store, but it hasn't been decided yet.

So they are thinking about it. You think it is a step too far down the pay to win road or simple convenience?
    your purchased 90 won't win at anything with the cap at 100

- - - Updated - - -

you weren't here for the recent server mergers?

I honestly don't care, as long as you MUST own a level 90 character before you can buy level 90 character.
    That way totally new players can't jump to 90, without even knowing how to queue as a DPS if you're DPS, not as tank! (Looking at you, EU-Nemesis players)

All this does is show Blizzard has no faith in their product anymore which in turn makes me not have faith in it.
    If I see the options of buying a 90 and leveling one, I'll look at leveling as a possibly bad experience because there's an option to skip it.

Man.. I don't know if it's my cold but this is getting exhausting trying to combat stupid ideas for this game. I think I'm done. The retards won. Buy a game you want to pay to bypass most of it, make everything easy so you don't spend anytime on it, let machines take over for you in any group activity-no- just make this MMO into a singleplayer/optional multiplayer.

I can't handle this much stupid and bad taste
    ughhh just imagining the replies to this comment makes me nauseous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    I'm willing to bet that virtually everyone who supports this nonsense now will come crawling back, crying about it when even more terrible players begin to plague the game once it's released.
    If a player is going to be terrible after the new 90 intro quests for boosted characters AND ten levels of leveling, they're going to be terrible anyway. So that's a non-issue.

OT: I'm okay with this, maybe have a restriction that makes it require a level 90 just so people don't just insta-skip there but even then I'm not at all fussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    You really need to add a timeline before people start believing that nonsense.
    what nonsense? that was what actually happened, in the order that it happened. Blizzard dropped the price of server transfers, and a ton of people did it. then they announced that realms would be artificially joined to "pretend" that the populations werent low. this led to connected realms. a ton of people complained about it when they did it. did you not notice?

or were your fingers in your ear as you said "lalala im not listening" at that point?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is a really needed feature and I would love to see it in the store.

I think that at this point leveling through Vanilla and 4 expansions just to reach WoD for another 10 levels worth of leveling if you want an alt is a tad too much there.

And as someone said, I don't see how getting a level 90 in an expansion where level 100 is where the things actually happen is pay to win.

Personally I am against it

But with levelling in shambles (no thanks to 1-60 revamp), old dungeon 'revamps' and talent changes every bloody expansion, a new player wouldn't learn much since most of these content is faceroll. At this stage buying or leveling a character doesn't make any difference

10+ Year Old Account
    Op's View on the WoW Demographic:

People who don't want to buy level 90s = Raging complainers who hate Blizzard but love caps lock

People who do want to buy level 90s = Level-headed people who want to support Blizzard and keep the community fun and safe

This is why I don't vote. Forgive me if I want to keep WoW as a respected MMO and not a pay-to-win mess that everything else seems to have become. Leveling is half the fun, and for new players, it is a completely necessary experience.

And I thought you guys thought LFR was bad as it is...
    Last edited by elrot; 2013-11-12 at 05:00 AM.

I think it would be better for the game if the leveling experience didn't have to be developed with any concern for players who just want to rush to max level. Let them be boosted to max for all it matters if it lets them make the leveling a better paced experience.

Oh, my option isn't in the poll either, just like most people's I'd imagine.

Been playing since vanilla, i would love this feature.

Leveling and doing 5man/LFR teaches you nothing anyway, so there is no harm in ppl getting instant lvl90s - both the folks who leveled and the folks who bought a lvl90 would be equally (completely) clueless...

Deleted
    I'm currently sitting on 9 level 90's and I can't help but feel annoyed that all that leveling process can now be skipped. I like the idea of people giving Blizzard more money (= better game development), but this is also a very slippery sloap ...

oh this is really great.
    love this!!!!
    even if it is one 90 for one account.
    i will easly buy more accounts to boost more 90's if they dont make the option just to buy more then one boost to 90 for each account.
    i hate leveling so this was perfection at 100% for me.