696. This poll is closed
  • FU BLIZZ FUFUFUFU!!! *rage*

254 36.49%
  • Cool! *pulls out wallet* Two please.

442 63.51%

Thread: Buying lvl 90's

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Love the idea. Leveling in WoW is a tedious, boring and time consuming process that simply isn't interesting after nine years. Add to that the fact that WoW is a themepark style MMO where you can't actually change anything and all the questing is always the same and the fact that questing is a huge barrier to re-entry for players who have left the game and want to come back and the decision is pretty clear.

I am against forcing the player to do any kind of "close your eyes and wait for it to pass" content, that should be avoidable.
    If, if, Blizzard does the story right, Warlords of Draenor has the potential to be the best expansion story-wise we've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Your poll lacks the

"I don't give a damn"

option.

I'v yet to figure out what to do with that free 90, because all characters I really wanted to play already are 90. Hmm...
    You dont give a damn but u bother coming to topic and posting crap. LOL you must be like 16

Deleted
    Who cares if players buy a level 90 for like 70 bucks or just play a little more and use the "Refer a friend"-Option für 30?

Quote Originally Posted by championknight View Post
    Wasn't the point of starting at level 90 to skip levelling? 10 levels wouldn't teach them anything
    Wrong, it was to skip old content. And what's the difference between 10 levels and a 100 levels?

Quote Originally Posted by championknight View Post
    And proving grounds do not provide the same learning experience as groups or world questing
    Different yes, inferior no.

Don't see the problem, current players get the skip the levelling process they've already gone through, but not for free, except for the first time.
    The only real problem is do newbies get the 90 jump too?
    'Cause that'd no doubt catch some and then you'd have some serious clueless end-game players.
    Still, though, if they're worth their salt, they'll level through the game they just purchased, or at least skip to 90, realize they don't know what they're doing, then learn that class a little before they go back and go through the levelling process.

No! please no this is what i feared would happen. I can understand the idea for new players getting back into the game but lets no abuse it please

Quote Originally Posted by Of-the-horde View Post
    Imo they should start selling premade lvl 100 characters with heroic dungeon gear full gemmed and enchanted (raid ready).
    I agree 100%. In fact, lets up the ante a bit. Let's give those folks 500k gold, and full heroic raid and pvp gear in accordance with whatever tier they choose. Lets take the idea of "I play for fun, and hate grinding / tedium" angle, and put it to an actual test.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I agree 100%. In fact, lets up the ante a bit. Let's give those folks 500k gold, and full heroic raid and pvp gear in accordance with whatever tier they choose. Lets take the idea of "I play for fun, and hate grinding / tedium" angle, and put it to an actual test.
    I'd do that then mail 500k Gold to another character.
    Get rekt Blizzard.

Would purchase if the price was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletov View Post
    Wrong, it was to skip old content.
    Old content is leveling and you would be paying to skip a huge part of this. Unless Blizzard decides to blow it up and make everyone start near max level or something

And what's the difference between 10 levels and a 100 levels?
    As of now there is no difference because the speed of leveling is already so fast and made faster with heirlooms and exp potions. Already mentioned it before the leveling experience now is in shambles

Different yes, inferior no.
    NPCs are not a substitute for actual human player made groups, even if they are mostly toxic and obnoxious at this point

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    Love it, as much as i love most of the zones in wow I just can't bring myself to do the leveling process.
    This.

It was fun the first eleven times on Ally side...

Now I just want Hordies to play around on. :P

Please, add the option: "So what?"
    I'd tap that
    "staph whinning kid if u dont like pvp go to a potato pve server so u can play against bots" -Armiger

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't bother me so long as it's not free boost to max level (boost to start of current content is fine, and only on accounts with at least one level 100), there are already ways to boost through low level on alts for people with the money, hopefully this would at least offer a legit alternative to the shady power levelling services.

Only downside is you get many more toons at max level which haven't spend the levelling process learning their class, so more LFR pond life is a possibility.

Personally I'd not be using the service, if I haven't the drive to level and learn a class, then clearly playing that class isn't important enough to me.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

I'm sure that will be a last straw for many of us. WoW was the last of normal games so far, and now they are considering this, such a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You can technically buy as many level 90s as you want if you buy another copy of the game, get the level 90, and then transfer the character to your main account each time. The team has talked about putting a level 90 purchase option in the store, but it hasn't been decided yet.

So they are thinking about it. You think it is a step too far down the pay to win road or simple convenience?
    I knew it was only a matter of time. You need to look up the definition of pay to win. This is NOTpaying to win. Paying to win in WoW would consist of buying a max level character, with full pvp/raid gear. Purchasing a level 85 (if they did this right now) or a 90 during WoD does not provide this. You still have to gain the 5 extra levels yourself (currently in MoP and in WoD it would be 15) and gear him yourself the traditional way.

Paying to win would be blizzard putting gear with STATS on the blizzard store and people buying them. Which is not the case.

Nothing about selling a level 85 or 90 (depending on which expansion you are looking at) makes it pay to win.

Sony even did this with one of their MMO's.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/04/i-...-im-loving-it/

I fully support this and the people that think this is Pay to Win, are morons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    Buy a lvl 90 when leveling is the most fun part of the game? Wierd!
    Not for everyone. Ill play it once through the traditional way. If I can buy my characters thereafter, I will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I went back and bolded the part i think you missed

The team has talked about putting a level 90 purchase option in the store, but it hasn't been decided yet.
    No. You dont understand. The expansion pack is level 100. So you still have to level 10 levels to be max level. How is that at all pay to win? Reread what I posted earlier.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    This is NOTpaying to win.
    Paying to avoid time wasting with real money is a definition of pay-to-win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    When you can actually purchase in-game armor and weapons for all your characters from the Blizzard Store, with viable stats and have them given to you in-game, then you will have crossed the threshold into Pay-To-Win. Until then, you're not even close.

#FlightIsImportant

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    No, it is not. Because youre not winning anything other than time. Youre not winning anything in game. You are not getting an advantage over anyone else in game. And dont say instant level 90 is getting an advantage because it isnt. You still have to learn your character and level 10 levels. Your argument is invalid.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    After levelling 4 characters past lvl 80 I would totally buy lvl 90 boosts for alts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    After levelling 4 characters past lvl 80 I would totally buy lvl 90 boosts for alts
    I just recently got my 6th toon to 90. I understand the pain well - hence wanting my heirlooms available on all the servers I play on. So looking forward to that in WoD.

#FlightIsImportant