Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ...
    I still don't see why this is such a big deal.

1. Everything is scaled down by % so it's not unbalanced.
    2. You can still solo raids because it's % scaled.
    3. It's easier to read other peoples gear and more efficient when considering upgrades,

There's way more points but I can't think of any negative besides someone feeling like they're powerful because huge numbers pop on their screen. Which is pretty pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Take all that work you put into your characters, the gear, the raiding, etc. for MoP your joy for the increased numbers once you got a new piece of armor or better yet, a better weapon. Take all that and nerf it to the ground, to Wotlk level, one day you were doing MoP numbers, the next day you are doing the same dps as some alt you don't care about that's stuck in Northrend. Hell, your hp, dps, spell numbers will be smaller than of those of your current Cataclysm alts.

They can BS all they want that it will be percentages etc. but at the end of the day, it's a nerf.

Numbers indicate progress, take that away and you remove the incentive to progress when you know any new gear will pull off far smaller numbers than MoP or even Cataclysm. This move by Blizz will cost them many many subscribers, so it won't take long until they remove the squish. Ofc a vocal minority will scream outrage, but Blizz should stop letting their spam on the forums determine the direction of the game!
    4. A squish is inevitable and it isn't just because of player feedback they're doing it.
    5. Your WoTLK alts will do that of a Vanilla character so your MoP character is still stronger than your alt.
    6. It doesn't diminish gear progression at all. It's one reset and everything back to normal with better gear every patch.

- - - Updated - - -

7. Everyone is getting your so called "nerf" so it's not just about you. We are all in this together.

#1 its like crumbling up a piece of paper, its still paper just smaller. #2 This NEEDS to happen because currently 25 man heroic Garrosh has to be put into many phases cause his health is more then the 32 bit system can handle. Right now the Asian server H Thok is the MAX HP allowed. So it isn't just for shits and giggles its a technical thing also.
    I don't age I level up...

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    My question is.... How will this affect the old world? Will the numbers be squished to very minuscule numbers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rikkyjay View Post
    My question is.... How will this affect the old world? Will the numbers be squished to very minuscule numbers?
    level 60 and below will be unchanged but 60 and higher will be scaled more strictly in power and stats
    Last edited by Omians; 2013-11-23 at 11:50 PM.
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Deleted
    i dont understand why the itemsquish will destroy the game, everything will be scaled down, so i dont see the problem, only people complaining because they will do hits of (just an example) 15.000 dmg when right now they do 150.000. In my opinion, its a nonsense to complain about it :/

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    level 60 and below will be unchanged but 60 and higher will be scaled more strictly in power and stats
    I think the gear from Classic raids are having their stat curve smoothed out as well, so gear from Molten Core will only be marginally better then from AQ40. Same with gear from Karazhan to Sunwell in TBC, I believe. Blizzard even admitted this will negative effect a small number of people who still do that content at level, but overall I think it'll help considerably.

No, it won't.

/Thread

Anyone want to bet the OP has trouble with fractions and ratios IRL?

Deleted
    is like arguing this point , why should I be bothered to raid SoO to get the heroic gear because as soon as the new expac comes out that gear will become out of date and weak comepeared to the first green gear that u might get from the very first quest . I think since the numbers will all come down it wont matter anyway .