Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Unhappy Sadness: With new models no free re-customization

There will be no free re-customization for characters after new character models.

According to MMO-Champion most recent news

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    There will be no free re-customization for characters after new character models.

According to MMO-Champion most recent news
    Blatant cash grab from Blizzard. They will make the default model look like a dog's ass, so they can charge you to fix it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Blatant cash grab from Blizzard. They will make the default model look like a dog's ass, so they can charge you to fix it.
    Lol you are destroying my excitement, but you may be right... :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    couldn't get it from the title... -.-

Deleted
    ESC>Interface>Display>Show Helm

Fixed it for you.

If they're trying to make what we have better, I reckon they'll change face 1 for new face 1. So when you log on, you'll look pretty close to what you had before, just better. They keep saying they want to change it so you look almost the same, just better.

Blizz is rubbing their hands over how much money this will make.

If they were so worried about players being too attached to their current toons, they'd offer one face change for free at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengamer08 View Post
    If they're trying to make what we have better, I reckon they'll change face 1 for new face 1. So when you log on, you'll look pretty close to what you had before, just better. They keep saying they want to change it so you look almost the same, just better.
    However, that's not true. Even if old Face 1 is "Big, Blue Eyes" and the new Face 1 still is "Big, Blue Eyes", they are drastically changed. See for example:

The mouth expression is different, the eyes and eyebrows are different, even the shade of green of the eyes are different! They both are female gnomes, but their faces are like night and day while "retaining" the feel of the race (we aren't getting orc faces for gnomes).

Look for example at female troll; every face except one seems like she's taking a dump, so most of the time if you see a female troll it would be with that single face. After the revamp, it's likely some of the other "dump faces" will look better and even be viable choices. By not allowing a free character re-customization (we're not talking about race change), you may end up with a face you don't truly like as much as the other alternatives.

Maybe some of you need to realise that they're re-doing all the hair/facial hair etc. as well? As in upgrading the current ones (and possibly adding new ones idk?) so when you log in that day when 6.0 is here (and if the character model update is out for your race and gender), you'll basically have the same features you have now but just the upgraded versions. And you can change your hair, facial hair and earrings whatever at the barbers anyway so what's the big deal? It is a bit of an idiotic move by Blizzard (if they don't change their minds about it by 6.0) but we'll see nearer the release.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine most of the issues people have with their characters will be able to be changed via the barbershop. Probably why they're not doing this.
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinne1 View Post
    ESC>Interface>Display>Show Helm

Fixed it for you.

i got one for you too:

get brain->start using it

i mean seriously what the fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Linneth View Post
    Look for example at female troll; every face except one seems like she's taking a dump
    Can't stop laughing.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does the face matter? How often do you see your characters face while playing?
    Hi

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Why does the face matter? How often do you see your characters face while playing?
    All the time.
    Butts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Release is so far away. Without enough force and voice they will surely change their minds.

This is a huge issue for me. Am so disappointed that they won't let you re-customize.

This is a major selling feature of the new expansion! We shouldn't have to pay extra to make full use of it. Don't like the new face we chose for you? Pay $15 to fix it!

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't give me a free race change every time they change the racial bonuses.

Should we have been outraged about that all these years?

In fact, they even said they were going to be changing the racial bonuses even MORE in WoD. Maybe they pull away "Every man for himself" from my human. What if I rolled human just for that racial? Should they toss me a race change so I can switch to one I feel is better?
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-11-10 at 12:53 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    People shouldn't take everything Blizzard's said at the Blizzcon.Just because they said something at Blizzcon during the Q&A doesn't make it the law.But it would really be a greedy move not to include 1 free customization for your alts at least for CE.

The new look will likely reflect your current appearance.