Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    legendary trinket set

For weapons I would guess Grom's current Gorehowl, Doomhammer, or something Draenei related.
    Didn't they also say there would be another Legendary quest chain akin to the MoP cloak?

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Well,

Doomhammer
    Gorehowl
    Kargath's Blade Fist.
    A Bigass Draenei Crystal Maul
    A Bigass Draenei Crystal Sword

Orr...that spinning heating sword from the concept arts.
    That spinning heating sword is concept for PVP weapon and it's upgrade through the seasons.

As for the legendary. Maybe I did understand it wrong or everyone is interpreting too much into the Q&A. As far as I can remember they just said that they liked how the long questline worked out but wanted to have a little more challenge in actually getting the legendary as in "you have to show that you can play your class".

I don't think we'll get more than one legendary but only one questline through the expansion that won't be as easy as the one from MoP.

As to what the legendary actually will be. It could be everything that people can clearly see. Rings, trinkets and necklace don't work because you'll only see the proc and nothing else. Cloak could be possible but we had one in MoP. Other armor pieces would be hard to design to fit the look of the other gear people are wearing. I'd say it'll be a weapon.

Can someone link the spinning heat concept art? I think i missed it

Watching blizzcon on the virtual ticket someone said they were doing a Legendary that was acquired like the legendary cape was, then there was another one that was going to be released that was much more difficult to acquire.

Gorehowl? We could say Grom raided Karazhan and used a sharpening stone.

Quote Originally Posted by hamski View Post
    Has to be a caster weapon this time around. Possibly healer.
    Enhance, Guardian/feral, and arguably shield tanks would like a word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Me and some friends have discussed the exclusive legendary (not the welfare one everyone will get), we believe it would be one of the Warlord's weapons or at least a well known weapon from the lore and given to a class like enhance who hasn't really had a wep yet:
    1. Doomhammer: Firstly this would be usable by enhance shamans and maybe a couple other classes depending on whether it was str or agi (probably agi), basically the ultimate enhance weapon giving them the legendary they have been waiting for since Sulfuras. The lore for this wep seems to fit as Orgrim told of a prophecy about the Doomhammer saying that "The last of the Doomhammer line will use it to bring first salvation and then doom to the orc people. Then it will pass into the hands of one who is not of the Blackrock clan, all will change again, and it will once again be used in the cause of justice." Also its not in the game like many other weapons of the warlords like Kargath's bladefist, Gorehowl etc
    2. Kargath's Bladefist: Although this is already in the game as a drop from one of the bosses in a Hellfire Citadel dungeon, a different version of it could perhaps be the legendary as an agi fist weapon usable by enhance shamans, monks, rogues etc. This would tie in with the lore of the expansion as one of the weapons of the warlords and also be the first legendary fist weapon.
    3. Bloodhoof Runespear: This weapon is unlikely and doesn't connect with the lore as well as the other two, but is the only relevant polearm/staff to the lore. It would be a staff/polearm for feral druids and monks with agi as the primary stat. The lore: It's last owner was Cairne Bloodhoof until it was shattered when Cairne was defeated by Garrosh Hellscream in a Mak'gora. Each owner carved his own major history into the shaft before passing it on to the next generation. Not really sure how this could be changed for WOD, perhaps Cairne's ancestor gives it to you from the quest chain or something but yeah it would be a cool staff.

Deleted
    If I were designing the game I'd make the weapons of the 7 clan leaders into legendaries for each matching class. That'd be pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it might be Doomhammer. Gorehowl could be nice as well, but i cant imagine better model that it's currently got.

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediblow View Post
    What do you guys think the Legendary Item will be In WoD will It be as easy to obtain as In MoP or In cata when only a few people had it , it was a very exclusive Item with an awesome perk...Or like the fangs of the father a class specific weapon?
    What are your guys thoughts?
    theyve said before that legendary weapons will be obtainable similar to how they were in bc while there will also be a legendary questline filled with lore that takes the entire expansion to get that will award a piece of armor.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

They've mentioned they want to do a similar questline as to what they did in MoP, but also a "traditional" legendary in addition to it.

My hopes are that the questline is a Ring/Trinket/Neck so that it doesnt screw with transmog like the MoP legendary did. I was really annoyed that I had to essentially retire 4 of the sets i'd built because they look like hell without cloaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balmerick View Post
    They've mentioned they want to do a similar questline as to what they did in MoP, but also a "traditional" legendary in addition to it.

My hopes are that the questline is a Ring/Trinket/Neck so that it doesnt screw with transmog like the MoP legendary did. I was really annoyed that I had to essentially retire 4 of the sets i'd built because they look like hell without cloaks.
    Transmog is one reason, but not THE reason.

A legendary quest chain item has do be something that can be used by every class.
    Weapon is therefore right away out of the picture. We can also discard the typical set slots, Helm, Chest, Shoulders, Hands, Legs.
    It's rather save to say, that they won't go with another cloak..
    After that, all other slots are open for every class.
    Ring, Trinket, Necklace, Bracers, Belt
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Transmog is one reason, but not THE reason.

A legendary quest chain item has do be something that can be used by every class.
    Weapon is therefore right away out of the picture. We can also discard the typical set slots, Helm, Chest, Shoulders, Hands, Legs.
    It's rather save to say, that they won't go with another cloak..
    After that, all other slots are open for every class.
    Ring, Trinket, Necklace, Bracers, Belt
    This exactly. They can't do an "everyone Legendary" as a weapon or even probably as a trinket, it would literally preclude you from serious raiding in the later tiers if you took any time off until you finished the chain. It would also make weapon drops and trinket drops (the biggest performance boosters/most exciting things to win) in the last tier equivalent to 553/565 Cloak drops in SoO. I.e. useless and annoying.

They can't do an item that would screw with set bonuses unless they added like set bracers or something for that tier.

My bet would be Ring, or maybe Necklace. It would cause some sort of visual on your toon, and be a lot like the cloak. High iLvl with a proc. A boost but not completely game-breaking if you don't have it.

Deleted
    A Legendary tied to Mythic raiding is likely. That said they wanted to bring back exclusive Legedaries in WoD and that can be my only thought. I think we will see a pretty hefty reward structure for Mythic raiding guilds with Titles, Mounts, Legendaries, Gear and cosmetics. There needs to be really nice stuff for people to get interested in raiding Mythic and it's going to be hard as balls. Even though heroic = mythic, they don't need to do any entry level bosses for the downy groups to kill and say 'Look we killed Heroics now you get rid of 10m qq'.

am I the only one who dislikes legendary items ?

10+ Year Old Account
    A shield man! A FREAKING HUGE ASS SHIELD! I want my Paladin to walk around with a gate on his back.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

It will be a Legendary backpack to relace your 16 slot bag.

Deleted
    I think it will be something that you could get only through the parallel universe that this is suppose to be. ashbringer was suppose to be lost (or I think i remember reading that it was) before you saw it in the dk starting area, maybe you can obtain the uncorrupted version before tirion gets it on this side. Since its a "holy" justice sort of weapon it would fit into the whole draenei and the light side of the xpac, maybe even it will be something like the original forging, i don't know much about when it was made.

Updated Gorehowl might be likely since it is an xpac about warlords and grom.

It's prob unlikely, but would love it if they made it so dks could get frostmourne - especially now since they're giving us the lich king's talents. was shattered after the lich king so it would be to be remade or from a different timeline/parallel universe for it to obtainable. A MAN CAN DREAM. plus there was that bug on some realms where there was a trail of frostmourne fragments in stormwind, gives a hope that maybe they were working on making it obtainable again sometime in the future.
    Last edited by mmocc038b4e990; 2013-11-12 at 03:42 PM.

i really like how they will make one for the masses but also one that will be more exclusive. although, it sounds great and everyone will be happy. i feel as though there will still be people who will cry that they cant obtain the latter as easy or at all.
    ggg