Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    100 passives / changes to spells for 11 classes is it? 1100 passvies/changes to spells sounds kind of hard to balance / come up with none repetitive ideas. Also you get your spells for 1-90, 90-100 you only get 1 spell and end talent tree. This gives each level something nice.
    This isn't to offend you or anything, but this is their job. It doesn't matter how difficult it would be to balance or think of unique ideas. This is what they get paid to do. This is what the money from the 40$ expansions and the 15 dollars a month is supposed to be contributing to - them putting in actual effort. So it doesn't matter how hard it would be, they should be doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorticough View Post
    It's a bonus on top of what you get via leveling that you have control over from what I understood.
    you get metamorphosis at level 10 and you keep upgrading it with new passives and new metamorphosis abilities over time

over the leveling course you get 2 metamorphosis new skills and 8 passives that modify other skills while under metamorphosis.
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-11-10 at 06:35 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalwarden View Post
    They are trying to find ways to keep the button bloat from increasing, so they are making it more obvious the bonuses that they give per level. Either that or they might be in addition to what is normally done. Fire mage fireball spell goes up x% normally but gains an additional 35% boost on one of those levels.
    Right, but the question is this: Will all Mages at level 100 (basing on current information) have this perk to Fireball, whether they be specced Frost/Arcane/Fire?

If so, they're not really bonuses at all. It's just a "wee look what we did to the game" PR spin to make things look appealing to something that *already* happens in the game.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

I like it a lot, especially if it's going to help the clutter of abilities we have - like the SnD going passive, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorticough View Post
    I'm mostly semi-confused as to why only 91-100. If they wanted leveling to be more rewarding why not 1-90, too? Probably a time/balance thing, but it doesn't alleviate the issue of those first 90 levels very well.
    actually they do kind of fix it with the free level 90 you get with buying Warlords of Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    It's not a new feature is my point. Your abilities dealing more damage as you ding, is not a new feature.

You used to have to go to your trainer to learn Fireball (Rank 2) to have your fireball do more damage. Since Cataclysm, you automatically learn that when you ding. So now instead of going to my trainer to learn Fireball (Rank 2), my fireball automatically does more damage when I ding.

All Blizzard is doing, is making the player aware of this when this happens. Which is a UI improvement, hardly a new feature.
    Didn't they tout certain abilities having new effects, too? And it's something you choose, not something that happens automatically, from what I could tell. So say additional spell damage on top of what you got via leveling. Not really a UI implement.

While I'm not necessarily saying it's much of a 'feature', there is a fairly sizeable difference from leveling and having your spells scale with you, as far as Blizz is saying at this point in time. It looks to have potential.

actually they do kind of fix it with the free level 90 you get with buying Warlords of Draenor
    Kinda, but anything else after that would be rather 'meh' in comparison, as far as reaching that's not a product of fifteen goes.
    Last edited by Vorticough; 2013-11-10 at 06:41 PM.

Slice and Dice passive here I come. >

It's not a new feature is my point. Your abilities dealing more damage as you ding, is not a new feature.

You used to have to go to your trainer to learn Fireball (Rank 2) to have your fireball do more damage. Since Cataclysm, you automatically learn that when you ding. So now instead of going to my trainer to learn Fireball (Rank 2), my fireball automatically does more damage when I ding.

All Blizzard is doing, is making the player aware of this when this happens. Which is a UI improvement, hardly a new feature.
    Congratulations, you picked the one single example they gave where it actually works this way. Last i looked, your CDs don't go down every level up, nor do you get to bank additional resources or additional effects added to your spells.

Mages are just so bland and boring that they couldn't think of anything better for them :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Promark View Post
    Is this not the old talent system, just without the option of choice?
    Ahahah that's true.

It doesn't matter. My fireball is going to do more damage when I ding. It's always done this, it will continue to do this. This isn't new.

Everything scales in this carrot and stick game. If the % of my damage is going to be 30% more than usual when you ding, then the mobs in the world will reflect that through increased mob damage output and HP. So nothing is going to change.
    That "30%" More damage was probably just a placeholder to give you an idea on the sort of things to expect, just because the slide SAID it would do 30% more damage, doesn't mean that's what you're going to get.

Deleted
    As promark rightly said, this is exactly the way the old tree system used to be, only you don't get to choose talents like this.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even if they're passive buffs, at least it feels like you get stronger.

In a way, I wish Blizz hadn't removed ranks completely. But rather made it so as you rank up, the scaling formula gets stronger.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    As promark rightly said, this is exactly the way the old tree system used to be, only you don't get to choose talents like this.
    As if we got to choose them before. You had the option to be terminally stupid, but that's it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    As if we got to choose them before. You had the option to be terminally stupid, but that's it.
    Ah did you not choose your talents? They automatically got picked? You must have used a fancy addon there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically instead of doing patch-changes, they delay some of them until you reach 90+. Why not I guess.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    It sounds cool but in reality, it's just a way to give you new spells without giving you new spells. I don't get how '30% increased damage on fireball' is very exciting, considering that that damage will be the norm for the entire expansion and it isn't actually anything extra.

I think if they made it for a variety of levels between 1-100 then it would be exciting, and while it's a cool idea, I don't think i'll be bothered too much by it past the first week.
    People are bitching asking for old talents back where you would get 1% dmg/crit per lvl and telling themselves that was exciting. This is a way to appease to people in a more meaningful way. Those people will bitch that it's not a talent point that they themselves get to click to gain 1% dmg/crit then never touch again.

These passive might change priorities and rotations as well as play style far more then +2% fire damage per lvl for 5 lvls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Promark View Post
    Is this not the old talent system, just without the Illusion of choice?
    Fixed that for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    People are bitching asking for old talents back where you would get 1% dmg/crit per lvl and telling themselves that was exciting. This is a way to appease to people in a more meaningful way. Those people will bitch that it's not a talent point that they themselves get to click to gain 1% dmg/crit then never touch again.

These passive might change priorities and rotations as well as play style far more then +2% fire damage per lvl for 5 lvls.

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed that for you.
    No you didn't. Illusion my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Ah did you not choose your talents? They automatically got picked? You must have used a fancy addon there.
    I had to manually click them. No choice involved, though.

Deleted
    For you perhaps.

Deleted
    For me the choice was involved. I understand that you are a bad player tho.