I would buy WOD if they fixed tab-targeting.

I would buy it just for that.

I'm not even joking.

It works just check your key bindings

At what point did they break it? Ive also been noticing its been alot harder to tab target lately and in certain instances I have to move my char physically so I can tab something that is very clearly in sight and the camera is facing them...Pretty annoying.

Deleted
    I believe your character's front part must be facing the mobs in order to target them, not just the camera. For example, facing a mob with your side and pressing tab will not target it, even though your camera angle is directed towards it.

the mob directly in front of me is often the hardest to target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodeo View Post
    THIS! yea when I tab it usually cycles through the mobs furthest away before coming to the mob right infront.

10+ Year Old Account
    They probably messed with the targetting cone. Reduced angle?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodeo View Post
    This. It doesnt matter if the mob is directly in front of me, there is still times tab wont work. Been happening alot in SoO lately.

Weird, after trying a ton of other MMOs I can never get them close to how good WoWs tabbing is.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is a simple fix... use nameplates and just click whichever mob you wanna target... that way you easily select the mob you want... use tab targeting for selecting mobs that are harder to use the nameplate method for.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    there is a simple fix... use nameplates and just click whichever mob you wanna target... that way you easily select the mob you want... use tab targeting for selecting mobs that are harder to use the nameplate method for.
    Not easy for people who use their mouse to move. They rely on keybinds/tab targeting.

Edit: I use tidyplates and click when I need to get a specific mob for a specific reason but for the purpose of tab target dpsing or tanking its annoying to move with your mouse and have to click all the mobs when tab target fails.
    Last edited by Vexcid; 2013-11-10 at 07:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexcid View Post
    Not easy for people who use their mouse to move. They rely on keybinds/tab targeting.

Edit: I use tidyplates and click when I need to get a specific mob for a specific reason but for the purpose of tab target dpsing or tanking its annoying to move with your mouse and have to click all the mobs when tab target fails.

Yeah well... if you change it like you guys want, it'll be harder to select mobs in the background that aren't visible... the way it is now it's intended to work like I said, u select mobs next to you that are clearly visible with the mouse, and mobs in the background with tab... if they make it select the closest mob with tab then it'd take way more time to select a mob in the background.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    you could always make a macro to assist your focus target aka the dps leader or tank and just keybind it.

it doesn't even have to be focus, you could make an assist macro and have it @specific player
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW's tab targetting is still wonky but I think it's pretty much never going to be as smart as I want it to be, but yeah - it is pretty frustrating when you have to resort to clicking the nameplate because you've already tabbed through 39487 mobs you don't care about.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |