Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Expansion 6 Concept: Champions of A'dalon

Now I know this is incredibly premature, but some of Metzen's comments got me thinking about the next expansion. He mentions that Warlords of Draenor will directly feed into the next expansion, and the most obvious way to do that (though I know a lot of people will be against it) is to continue our adventures in what I'm calling the “Iron” timeline. But not in Draenor...in Azeroth. Azeroth would be a very different place without the Orcish Invasion, and I think 7.0 will present the other half of the story we'll be getting in WoD. Bear with me, this won't just be a Cataclysm revamp, but instead a full scale rebuilding on the level of what WoD is intended to be.

The Story:

It is of course far too premature to really speculate on the ending of WoD, but just supposing: After the events of Draenor, most of the Iron Horde is defeated and under the leadership of Durotan, is assimilated into the Horde. But meanwhile, Gul'dan escapes and the remnants of the Iron Horde join the Burning Legion. More specifically our Burning Legion, from our timeline. To even the playing field, the Timewalkers arrange for us to travel to Old Azeroth in the Iron Horde's timeline, to recruit an army of the Alliance's greatest Champions. Our mission takes us to what we know as the Kingdom of Stormwind, but what is known in the new timeline as the Kingdom of A'dalon.

Much has changed in the alternate timeline. Without the Orcs to ravage Azeroth, Kil'jaeden lashed out in savage rage at the Kingdom of Stormwind, causing a shattering type event throughout the kingdom, and opening the land up for a demonic invasion. Without the more subtle (in cosmic terms) assault by the Orcs, the invasion has drawn the attention of the Naaru, who have arrived on Azeroth with an army gathered from throughout the Great Dark Beyond. Though Stormwind was destroyed, the people of the Eastern Kingdoms have risen up again, rechristening their Kingdom A'dalon, after the Naaru leader A'dal.

New Races: High Elves for the Alliance, Ogres for the Horde:

High Elves: The shining Elf kingdom of Quel'thalas remains yet untouched by the Legion's hand. Seeing this centre of arcane power and military might, the Naaru recruited the High Elves to their forces, and bought many of them south to help defend the southern Eastern Kingdoms. The High Elves have been blessed by the Naaru, and are affected by subtly different phsyical changes (to explain separate models from Blood Elves.

Classes:
    Warrior
    Hunter
    Rogue
    Paladin
    Priest
    Mage
    Druid
    Monk
    Starting Zone: Windrunner Isle
    Racial Leader: Alleria Windrunner (Secondary Leaders: Sylvanas and Vereesa Windrunner, Lor'themar Theron).
    Racial Mount: Unicorn

Ogres: Unlike the new High Elves, these Ogres are from our present. With the looming threat of the Burning Legion in the present, bolstered by Gul'dan's Fel Iron Horde, Rexxar has taken it upon himself to unite the Ogre clans to strengthen the Horde. His mission takes him to a secluded corner of Redridge Mountains. The home of two ogre clans: the Girdrock, and the Shadowbrash. The player Ogres belong to the Girdrock clan, whilst it is revealed that the Shadowbrash Ogres are in fact in league with the Legion.
    Classes:
    Warrior
    Hunter
    Rogue
    Shaman
    Priest
    Mage
    Warlock
    Death Knight
    Starting Zone: Redridge Highlands.
    Racial Leader: Rexxar (Secondary Leaders: Drog Girdrock, Brenna the Ironfist.)
    Racial Mount: Clefthoof

New Kingdom: A'dalon:
    The Legion's arrival has wrought significant changes upon what was once the Kingdom of Stormwind. Despite the clear familiarity, A'dalon boasts significant geographical differences and would be built from the ground up. This is no Cataclysm revamp. The Kingdom features Eleven new zones, including a PvP zone:

New Zones:

Windrunner Isle (lvl 1-10): The High Elf starting zone, this island lies to the east of Redridge Mountains and was raised from the ocean floor. The High Elves made it flourish, and purposed it as a training ground for the Thallasian armies. The isle is overseen by the Windrunner sisters Sylvanas and Vereesa. The island is beautiful and idyllic, with rolling green plains and willow groves. Despite this pleasant appearance Windrunner Isle is not without it's troubles: A group of Naga called the Jadespine were risen upon from the deeps along with the Isle itself. Remembering the power of the Legion from the War of the Ancients, they have thrown their lot in with the demons.

Redridge Highlands
    (lvl 1-10): Located to the east of Burning Steppes, the Highlands are home to the Girdrock and Shadowbrash Ogres. Rexxar's arrival in the Highlands sparks the Ogres joining the Horde, and fighting against the forces of the Burning Legion (With Gul'dan making a cameo appearance.). It is soon uncovered that the Shadowbrash clans are traitors, and are feeding the Legion information from within the Horde army. An interclan war erupts, but the Shadowbrash clan manage to live on. The Highlands have a similar style to the Redridge Mountains, but with updated textures and a brand new map.

A'dali Heartlands (lvl 98-102): Located in the eastern half of the Redridge Mountains - including the previously innacessible peninsula - the Heartlands are the centre of A'dalon's power. The landscape is lusher than before, with verdant groves where the High Elven Druids practice their arts. High Elven structures are frequent, meaning despite the idyllic vistas the Heartlands always have the appearance of being heavily fortified. This is most noticeable at it's western border, where the Shining Wall protects it from the demons of Felfury Breach. Perched atop the north eastern heights is Lothar's Reach, the Alliance city for this expansion: a blend of Human and High Elf architecture.

Gurubashi Empire (lvl 98-102): The Legion's Invasion of A'dalon left Stranglethorn mostly untouched at first. Whilst the Humans struggled against the demonic assault, the Gurubashi Trolls were free to expand and return their tribe to at least a portion of it's former glory. Northern Stranglethorn is much changed: huge ziggurats have been built, towering above the foliage. This zone is reminiscent of Zul'drak, but brighter and tropical. Recently, the Legion has turned it's attention to this new empire, before it can become too powerful. Warchief Vol'jin has arrived in the past to make ties with this New (old) Gurubashi Empire, and the Horde's initial questline here involves forming an Alliance with the Trolls – providing the Horde capital: Zul'Gurub.

Stranglethorn Plateaus (102-105): The Legion's arrival on A'dalon wrought singificant geographical changes to certain parts of the Kingdom. To the south of the Gurubashi Empire, tectonic shifts caused Stranglethorn Jungle to rise up into three great plateaus. Savage and untamed, The Plateaus have been ignored by the recent conflict – but still provide plenty of adventure for those brave enough. The plate movement has unearthed great troves of Kajamite (once though to be found only on Kezan), which has mutated the local wildlife and increased their intelligence. This is most notable with the local Gorillas and Raptors, the Simisent and the Sapiraptors. The two groups have formed an intense rivalry. Meanwhile a great rift has opened up to the east, unleashing the Vicerax. This scorpid like race is a savage offshoot of the Qiraji, undiscovered until now. Stranglethorn Plateaus is intended to provide a breather from the Legion conflict, whilst still providing compelling story.

The Greatwood
    (lvl 102-105): In our timeline, this region is known as Duskwood. Here however, the corruption as a result of the Sycthe of Elune has yet to happen. That said, the closesly packed forest can still be ominous and foreboding, most especially with demons lurking in the shadows. Thngs have yet to escalate to a full scale assault, with Lothar's Reach still standing as such a major target, but things are on edge nonetheless. The Human and High Elf residents here are amassing forces at the towns of Raven Hill and Grand Hamlet. Meanwhile the Emerald Dragons of the Twilight Grove are providing their assistance to adventurers of both factions. The zone also encompasses the cursed Deadwind Pass, and the tower of Medivh: Karazhan.

Viceran Deeps
    (lvl 105-108): A great Rift has opened up in Stranglethorn, and out of it pours the Vicerax, a race of humanoid scorpids. To curb the invasion, adventurers have been sent deep into the rift to head off the Viceran Forces. Whilst there they discover the Legion's nefarious plans, operated in greatest secrecy beneath the earth. This zone will form the first fully underground zone in the game, emulating the planned Azjol'Nerub zone.

Elwynn Wastes
    (lvl 105-108): The Legion's advance through Elwynn Forest is far worse than anything the Orcish Horde could have wrought. The forest has been burned down, the very ground torn asunder, and Stormwind has been destroyed. Subterrean lakes beneath Elwynn have been heated and boiled, turning much of the waste into a hige geyser field. The Naaru and their forces have managed to gain a foothold at the extremeties of the region, but the war effort is going poorly. The zone encompasses what was once Elwynn Forest, going as far west as Northshire Valley. The region to the north of Stormwind is also acessible.

The Black Morass (lvl 108-110): Without the devastation bought on by the Dark Portal, what we know as the Blasted Lands remains in this timeline as the Black Morass. These fetid swamps are home to all sorts of vile creatures includng Vicerax, Strike Vipers and Gonopsith. Most importantly of all however are Gul'dan's Iron Horde who are seeking to erect a Dark Portal to lay waste to the swamp and to usher forth more Legion forces. The zone takes up all of what is currently Blasted Lands, as well as parts of the Swamp of Sorrows (though much of that has been consumed by tidal waves.).

Felfury Breach (lvl 108-110): The centre of the Legion's invasion force, Felfury Breach is where Kil'jaeden barraged the land with hundreds of thousands of infernals. The land for miles around has been devastated, and a huge fel volcano has formed in the centre. Legion fortresses have sprung up around the volcano and the Naaru footholds on the borders are barely holding out. The zone is similar to the original Shadowmoon Valley in style. It takes up Elwynn Forest east of Northshire, and parts of Redridge, up until near Lakeshire.

Stoutmantle Meadowlands (lvl 110 PvP zone): Before there was Westfall, there was the Stoutmantle Meadowlands. Ruled by the Stoutmantle family as you might imagine, the Meadowlands are untouched by the conflict surrounding them. Comprised only of simple farmsteads and small villages, it appears the Legion didn't think it worth conquering before Lothar's Reach. This has made it a positive treasure trove of valuable resources for the Alliance and Horde. For now let's assume the style of PvP is similar to whatever Ashran is supposed to be providing.

I also have dungeons, raids and a bestiary planned for a later post. I haven't fully fleshed the story out, but I'm thinking that Medivh will be the final boss in the mirrored Karazhan.

My Expansion concept!!

WARCRAFT: Victory of the HORDE!

The title is misleading, the Horde don't have victory over the Alliance because the Alliance won't actually feature in this expac, They will just be helping the Horde fight more Horde clans and more Trolls!
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

And so it begins.....rampant in depth speculation not 60 hours after the announcement of expansion 5.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be very disappointed if we were to just continue this timeline for another expansion instead of getting a legion or dark below-esque expansion filled with occurrent lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I would be very disappointed if we were to just continue this timeline for another expansion instead of getting a legion or dark below-esque expansion filled with occurrent lore.
    That's the thing. WoD is current lore, any other expansions taking place in the alternate timeline are current lore: Because they have the ability to affect our timeline's present. WoD, and my concept present just as much of a threat as say the LK or DW. And Metzen's comments lead me to believe that we're going to carry on time travelling a bit after WoD.

Deleted
    I hope there isn't more time travel.

Deleted
    What is the damned obsession with High Elves for Alliance I would be gutted if they announced them vs Ogres. Its unimaginative and even Blizz wouldn't be that cruel to the Alliance.

Get over it, The pretty Elves are horde, the few remaining high elves are not going to be playable. Everytime it comes up I hate the idea more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    What is the damned obsession with High Elves for Alliance I would be gutted if they announced them vs Ogres. Its unimaginative and even Blizz wouldn't be that cruel to the Alliance.

Get over it, The pretty Elves are horde, the few remaining high elves are not going to be playable. Everytime it comes up I hate the idea more.
    I don't actually want them that much, but I'd be perfectly happy with them. My only hang up is them looking identical to the Belfs, which I've provided a basic explanation for. They're one of the few races which make sense in the Alliance without a lot of explaining. They're also I believe the most requested race for the Alliance, so it would hardly be "cruel". This is partially my random speculations and partially what I genuinely think is coming next, so yeah...High Elves.

Thank you for not mentioning time travel.

considering they said that it will have no effect on the current canon lore we are in this speculation (tho nice) is never gone happen

Deleted
    I actually like some of the ideas of the Alt Azeroth but I really don't think it will happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarodan View Post
    considering they said that it will have no effect on the current canon lore we are in this speculation (tho nice) is never gone happen
    I think you misinterpreted the concept. This portion of Azeroth wouldn't be in our timeline, it would take place in the same timeline as WoD. So it still wouldn't affect our current timeline's past.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    I actually like some of the ideas of the Alt Azeroth but I really don't think it will happen.
    Thanks .

Like I say I'm planning on expanding it (I have some cool race ideas) possibly with concept art.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I don't actually want them that much, but I'd be perfectly happy with them. My only hang up is them looking identical to the Belfs, which I've provided a basic explanation for. They're one of the few races which make sense in the Alliance without a lot of explaining. They're also I believe the most requested race for the Alliance, so it would hardly be "cruel". This is partially my random speculations and partially what I genuinely think is coming next, so yeah...High Elves.

Thank you for not mentioning time travel.
    I'm going to mention time travel. I don't think they will do this. I am sure Draenor figures into the overall plot, but this functions as a detour. Nice idea (except for the goddamn High Elves, use your imagination!) but I expect we will do something different in xpac 6. But this is really stuff to discuss in 2015.

Champions of Adele!
    We will roll in the dark below!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarodan View Post
    Nice speculation, I do not hate it. That's high praise for mmo-champion forums btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

10+ Year Old Account
    This makes my head hurt. No, we stay on Azeroth. I appreciate the passion,creativity and thought you put into this but man I don't want it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Im so sick and tired of all this "High elves for allaince" thing, seems every time there is a expansion people Plead for it. I REALLY hope blizzard never ever put them in...

Also why are you speculating the next expasion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Im so sick and tired of all this "High elves for allaince" thing, seems every time there is a expansion people Plead for it. I REALLY hope blizzard never ever put them in...

Also why are you speculating the next expasion?
    I'm speculating based upon Metzen's comments at Blizzcon which to me, are hinting at an expansion closely connected to WoD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    My Expansion concept!!

WARCRAFT: Victory of the HORDE!

The title is misleading, the Horde don't have victory over the Alliance because the Alliance won't actually feature in this expac, They will just be helping the Horde fight more Horde clans and more Trolls!

Sounds very likely

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I'm speculating based upon Metzen's comments at Blizzcon which to me, are hinting at an expansion closely connected to WoD.
    hmm well Its still alittle early, but you do have a point he did mentiona few things, specially the alternative universes.