Poll: Your opinion about no flying till 6.1

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 51 of 126 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    Just so you know, there will be a new zone in 6.1 and flying won't be allowed there.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...11014708408321
    even more good news !

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    What's stopping you from doing that if there are flying mounts at launch? You can choose whatever mount you would like, ground or air.
    I actually prefer being forced to using ground mounts. Otherwise I fear my inner laziness will convert every activity to a chore again. Take this, fly there do this. fly back, log out. No thanks.

Cease being so much in a hurry. Stop for a while, look around, enjoy the surroundings!

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Now that's just ridiculous. Not only they intend to create a shitton of dailies, but require us to do them in order to fly? What? That's mind-boggling.
    What dailies exactly? Rewatch the Quests panel, please...
    Last edited by Spray; 2013-11-14 at 11:14 AM.

Deleted
    What's stopping you from doing that if there are flying mounts at launch? You can choose whatever mount you would like, ground or air.
    It's not the same thing, Timeless Isle is fun because is supposed to be experienced on ground mounts only and because none can fly, and thus we're forced to interact/compete/band together.

Honestly, I think it is just subterfuge so they have more time to finish the landscape. If no one can fly for the first 5-6 months of the new x-pac, it gives them more time to fully integrate a 3-D landscape.

They can't say that though, so they have created reasons why it is better for the game to do it this way.
    It's anti-botting campaign most likely. Blizzard really want to get rid of 100 levels of leveling up, which kills income of new players into game, but imagine what will happen with botters, goldsellers and powerlevelers, when instant 90 will be implemented. Yea, it's ok to fight against bots, but not at players' expence. I don't want my leveling experience to be spoiled, just because developers can't find the way to beat botters. It seems like devs are hurting this game much more, then botters themself. Very sad.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanSon View Post
    It's not the same thing, Timeless Isle is fun because is supposed to be experienced on ground mounts only and because none can fly, and thus we're forced to interact/compete/band together.
    Exactly my thoughts...

And really, canceling subscription because of no flying? I mean, it's just a utility, not a core mechanic!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love the "no one is forcing you to fly, use your ground mounts"

Well, why don't you use flight paths for your flying then

Don't care if we fly from the start, how it sort of gone always. But some stupid quest line to get it at max is just frustrating. It better be something good, not a collect this randomly then talk to so dude bullshit song and dance that's been the "exciting" quests they did for the legendary cloak -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Nobody forces you to buy the expansion, and with that attitude I hope you won't.
    I'm gonna remember you when i'm flying around when 6.1 hits, and the whole communitity rejoices themselfes for having their flying ability back. Because there isn't a majority that wants flying gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Yeah, no. Please stay unsubbed
    Do I understand it correctly that you welcome lower subs because someone is not willing to play a game the same way you do? That somewhat reminds me of
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I like how YOU project YOUR OWN opinions as truth into others.
    I'm sorry, but if you want people to play ONLY the way you think the game should be played, at least say it out loud. Do be wary of the consequences, however. I will remind you that a game with no choices is not a game. Removing choices from a game is making it less a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    I'm gonna remember you when i'm flying around when 6.1 hits, and the whole communitity rejoices themselfes for having their flying ability back. Because there isn't a majority that wants flying gone.
    The best part is that in 6.1 they will offer catch up for flying and the people who did come back once they introduced it will spend half the time getting it and half the money in subscription costs. It's so fucking dumb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I'm sure they have gotten feedback but they got feedback about dungeons to and we didn't get any more of those.
    Something they themselves have said they regretted, but as they said even as far back as in 5.1 it was too late to start working on dungeons by then, because it wasn't planned in with the rest of the tiers. Maybe you're underestimating just how much work it takes to make them?

The developers are nothing if not heavy handed and they design the games they think are best regardless of what people want.
    Of course they are primarily going to go with what they think is right, it's their game.

They got feedback about dailies and guess what happened to dailies? Gone dust in the wind because the goal was never about dailies it was about engineering player behaviour.
    Engineering player behavior? Paranoid much?

That's why no more dungeons regardless of what peope want but no more dailies because it doesn't contradict the goals.
    They are still making more dungeons, just have a look at the next expansion... They simply didn't have any more dungeons planned from the beginning of the expansion and after that it was too late to change the plans they were already working on. They stopped adding more dailies because the overall outcry was that people weren't interested in them.

The site is a ridiculous fan boy fest most of the time and it being one of the larger fan sites I'm not surprised by that at all. Most people when they have a negative reaction to something in the game they simple UNSUB. They don't bitch, they don't whine, they just leave.
    Is this some form of sick joke? Are you new to forums in general? Have look at the official forums, and on these forums, spend 30 seconds browsing the thread topics and you will see lots of complaints. Every single day new threads pop up complaining about this or that which Blizzard has done, and then whenever someone speaks up against them they are labeled "fan boys" by people like you. Blue posters in general avoid posting in the class forums to the best of their ability because it's for the most part piles of trolling/flaming between people and they don't get much constructive information out of it.

Have the 4.6 million who left during mists
    Those 4.6 million, as you put it, are actually closer to 2 million.
    http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...rs-by-quarter/

Nice try though.

gone on the forums to rage about whatever they didn't like?
    Yes, they have. You see people raging about all sorts of things threatening to un-subscribe all the time, you even see it in this very thread. People who un-sibscribe for other reasons which aren't directly linked with the direction of the game is the most common reason however, as Ghostcrawler pointed out some time ago, it is and for the most part has been that they can't afford it or have gotten new priorities in life.

Obviously not so this idea that you are more likely to post negative responses is absurd.
    Really now? So how often do you give companies positive feedback compared to negative? In general you will find that people expect the product to be good and functioning, and they don't care to praise the good things about it. But if there's something bad with it, they usually won't hesitate to voice their concern.

I won't link any threads here because I don't want to anyone to feel pointed out, but you'll find plenty of "whine" threads on the forums, to the point that the first posts even comment on the issue that it's been complained about enough already and they wish for them to stop.

I could make the case that youa re more likely to defend the game if you like something about it and you think theirs gonna be enough push back against it to think they MAY get rid of it i.e Flying.
    I'm sorry but the last part of this sentence is a bit difficult to understand, "you think theirs gonna be enough push back against it to think they may get rid of it", as in, I think they are going to remove flying completely? No, no I do not. I wish they would, I truly do, but I also understand that it's far more difficult to remove something than adding it, and once added you're usually going to disappoint a lot of people by removing it.

I've already stated this several times in other threats, but I suppose I'll have to repeat it. The only way I can see them fully removing the fly mounts, would be to make WoW 2.0, a new MMO from scratch where they never introduce it. I don't see that happening either though since they seem to prefer to keep making expansions instead.

Yes people are more inclined to defend something they like than something they dislike, just as people (like you), are more inclined to bash something they dislike than like. It's called being biased and it's incredibly difficult for everyone to be entirely objective, if even at all possible. I try to be as objective as possible, and I do not by any means think that Blizzard is some magical company who can't do anything wrong. I often disagree with changes they make, and I by no means defend everything they do. This just happens to be one of those things I do agree with however.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2013-11-14 at 02:20 PM.

And what the hell am I supposed to do if I need to read something, to do something or whatever? Will I have a feature to make my character ethereal? Sure as hell no. So I have not to work, not to drink, not to piss, but consume content with eyes inflamed? Seriously?

That's a lesson though of how to have business with westerners. Respect is not in their dictionary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I don't feel massively strongly one way or the other for max level flying. For levelling, I definitely would not wanting flying.

If Blizzard is creating max level content that would be more enjoyable without flying trivialising everything, I'm all for restricting it.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    I think, that, as long as you don't have to pay for flying at max level like you did in Pandaria, then it's fine and doesn't bother me. Otherwise, if you have to pay 2000 or so gold or something ridiculous in order to fly, like you've already been doing for previous expansions, then it's ridiculous.

make it so you can combat while flying, all problem solved...

Deleted
    It's about nothing more then artificially extending the time it takes to do things and making sure people spend as much time as possible in the "world" to justify the resources put into it. That's it. All the other arguments they made are essentially wrong and can be de constructed to that essential goal. Now to give Bashiok credit he basically says what I did. They are of course dead wrong about this to and the Iot/TI example is pretty shitty. I ran though pretty much every mob on those islands just to get to what i needed to.

The removal of flying will do nothing to bring back immersion. That simple is not possible 8 years or so into the game. Their are far worse immersion killers than flying (quest helper for example) but they get no attention. No flying just totally removes one of the larger time sinks from the game, the time it takes to travel to any given point.
    Oh boy, you sure as hell missed his arguments, didn't you? You being able to run through the mobs to get where you want does not equal no sense of danger.

Reasoning behind fly mount restriction:
    There's an actual risk in travel that you can be dismounted and killed.
    You can not land wherever you want within the base, you actually have to fight your way there. Even if all you do is rush through them whilst mounted, unless you have some form of vanish ability you will have to fight off the last ones, and on your way there you put yourself at risk, something you don't do at all on a fly mount.
    Without fly mounts you have to take into consideration the actual layout of the land, if there are rivers, lakes, mountains, cliffs, you actually have to navigate accordingly, as well as Blizzard can put up stuff like walls that are opened up as time moves along (see Isle of Thunder). None of that matters when you can fly.
    Without fly mounts the continent doesn't have to be as large as otherwise because they don't have to take into consideration the speed of flight, which makes ground movement less awkward.

Those are the main points Bashiok made, and you just disregarded them as "It's about nothing more then artificially extending the time it takes to do things and making sure people spend as much time as possible in the "world" to justify the resources put into it."

It's about making the world an enjoyable experience for everyone involved. You don't seem to even want to spend any time at all in the world however, and would probably much rather sit in the capitol city spamming dungeon finder tools.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedwheelbarrow View Post
    I think, that, as long as you don't have to pay for flying at max level like you did in Pandaria, then it's fine and doesn't bother me. Otherwise, if you have to pay 2000 or so gold or something ridiculous in order to fly, like you've already been doing for previous expansions, then it's ridiculous.
    Considering the fact that we've had to pay for it in previous expansions, you should be prepared to pay for it this time as well.

2000 gold isn't all that much however, even if you're completely broke and somehow have 0 gold at this very moment, you will receive more than the needed amount by simply leveling up from 90-100.

I'm OK with it, assuming 6.1 is no more than 2 or 3 months after release.

I also would like a way to enable level 90 flying for my alts though. I leveled my alts strictly through LFG for MoP because I refuse to do the quest while grounded again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Considering the fact that we've had to pay for it in previous expansions, you should be prepared to pay for it this time as well.

2000 gold isn't all that much however, even if you're completely broke and somehow have 0 gold at this very moment, you will receive more than the needed amount by simply leveling up from 90-100.
    Oh, I don't mind if you have to pay, but it'd be pretty cool if they gave you it in another cool way or something and tied it into the storyline somehow, opposed to having to pay like you've had to in every expansion.

The best way any 3D game has implemented flying is GTA3. The feeling you get when you find Dodo on third island and realize you might be able to see it all from the air. Then the actual effort you have to put in to reach the skies. Finally being able to fly back to first island after lots of practice. It was amazing. Then they introduced Helicopters in Vice City that were so easy to maneuver it was stupid, and that kind of took away the feeling.

Some people don't realize WoW flying isn't "looking at awesome vistas from great hights" like Blizzard probably envisioned it firsthand, it's "pick a direction, put on auto-move and alt+tab for a minute or two".

Its always been that way.. I don't mind. That's some spoiled brat shit right there if you're complaining.