Poll: Do you think Warlords of Draenor is worth your money?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Are you a Shareholder, that you care so much that the game has not taken the way you wanted to? Do you own the Game? Cause If you don't, you have no reason to whine. Blizzard gives out expansions and whoever likes it. For the rest, the Exit is there. Everywhere I hear, "Classic Wow was the Best". In real, Classic was a bunch of sh*t. At least for me. Today has become something that I can call game. A game to have fun.

Been playing since vanilla, and Warcraft since Orcs and Humans. I did quit for most of Cata, been back for most of Mists, and I'm super excited about WoD. It's looking to be a true return to form for WoW and an appeal to oldschool players. I feel like they are definitely targeting veteran players and former players who might return over new players and they are making all the right decisions.

I remember seeing a CGI trailer for Warcraft many years ago at a movie. It may have been for Warcraft II or III, not sure. Anyway, it gave me so much fucking chills to watch. The WoD trailer has the exact same effect, and the style is so reminiscent. You know, old school.
    Last edited by hablix; 2013-11-11 at 02:12 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Has any Blizzard product not been a way of squeezing more money out of players by filling the game with anything that comes up when you Google the word "awesome", without caring about consistency and stuff? Meh. I skipped Pandaria for the most part. Gonna give WoD a try... probably. But not 100%.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    First time poster here. but I just want to say that i look forward to it tons cause of the lore. other then that. its not like there are many other games out there that even come close to what id rather play so a nice upgrade to the game i like playing already at the moment just sounds like awesomeness to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Played since wrath and I will buy this expansion so I voted yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    your grammar begs to say otherwise that you were even out of diapers during vanilla...

I quit during the argent tourney they made a raid with no lore and no sense of exploration,

Played a month or two in cata and really didn't care for changes to gear, stats, talents and was baffled by the invention of LFR.

Played MoP during beta, didn't care for the further changes to gear stats and the removal of talents; couldn't stomach scenarios (to be fair they were still very buggy), despised their interpretation of pandaren, and was surprised that fighting the physical manifestation of bad feelings was something I was doing in a video game and not watching on children's programming with my kids. Then I hit the daily infused endgame, the laziest type of endgame imaginable, and visible after only a couple weeks of play during the beta of a game.

This new thing, dunno, it could be worth it. I'm watching it an hoping it turns into something good; but most of the things I didn't like are still there stinking up the place.

I am pretty excited for the new xpac.

think i lost quite a few brain cells trying to read the OPs post. either way i have been playing warcraft since the first orcs vs humans game, think i still have it even on a shelf somewhere. i like where the game is and things to come seem very interesting as well

Played since Vanilla. Only concern I have is mythic raiding.. It could potentially wreck my guild. Our plan is to increase from a 10 player raid upto the 20 we need for mythic but that might be easier said than done.

Was not impressed with MoP and largely unengaged. The next expansion grabs my attention more than MoP ever did prior to release. Still not enough information, but I might pick up the expansion after feeling a nope with my experience in MoP.
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    I was mad when Blizzard announce MOP, Pet Battles, Changes of Talents...

Now, I'm happy with everything Blizzard announce in Blizzcon, every games will be better!
    I was like screw picking up the Dlll expansion and then seeing all the changes just made my jaw drop going OMG what did you do with the old shitty devs.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-11-11 at 05:56 AM.

I didn't vote because I quit for only about a quarter of an expansion once. It was TBC. WoD doesn't have me drooling over it, but it won't make me quit either, at least not right now. It might get me to roll Alliance though. Tired of being on the faction that gets its nose rubbed in its mistakes at every opportunity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played since Vanilla. I'm not really feeling the storyline of WoD, but I'm on board with all the system changes that they are making. I'm looking forward to it.

I don't understand the premises of this thread and why you want the opinion of vanilla players specifically. I play because of content and the friendships I've developed during the years, at this point I couldn't possibly give less of a shit about something as trivial as lore. The two first months of expansions are the most fun anyways, there is absolutely no good reason to not give it a whirl.

The only clearly negative point I could draw from blizzcon was the dumbass farmville simulator taking more than half the presentation, meaning that the casuals have truly won and are now taking a significant portion of the budget to create mundane features at the cost of dungeons, instances and class depth.

It was very inspirational to hear the the Heroes of the Storm dev team immediately shoot down the guy asking for the game to cater more to LOL players during the Q&A, and that they are very confident in their product and there WILL be more than enough of an audience for it like it is. It's a shame warcraft lacks this completely. I just can't wrap my head around why people who don't want to play warcraft won't just stop playing warcraft and do something else instead of the endless whining.
    Last edited by Strafir; 2013-11-11 at 06:22 AM.

I wasn't excited for Cata or Mists. I didn't dislike the expansions but I just wasn't hyped about them.
    WoD has actually me excited.

There was no option for people who've played since Vanilla, played at some point during expansions to different degrees, and will be playing this coming expansion.

I started in Burning Crusade and I both posted in this thread and replied to the poll. I also used a font that is different from the default. I'm told not to do these things and it made me want to do them.

:^)
    Last edited by Vladilena; 2013-11-11 at 06:37 AM.
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »

15+ Year Old Account
    This is an asinine poll and, judging from the results, you're part of a minority that took the preliminary information, made a snap judgment, and are now bitching for bitching's sake. Players have practically been BEGGING Blizzard to update the models since the Worgen and Goblin models were previewed prior to the release of Cataclysm and the demand grew considerably after seeing how fluid and expressive the Pandaren models were in Mists. Calling Blizzard's long-overdue delivery on its promise to update the outdated models a "cash grab" just reeks of cluelessness and speaks to the fact that you're completely out of touch with the very community you think your opinion speaks for.

From a lore perspective, I'm very much looking forward to Warlords of Draenor and the opportunity to revisit Draenor's history from an alternative perspective. Where most see a ridiculous time-travel deus-ex-machina, I see an intriguing "what if" scenario. We're essentially being set up to relive Warcraft I and II from an MMO standpoint.
    Last edited by Nero Duskwind; 2013-11-11 at 07:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    I started to play during Karazan which was brought out during The Burning Crusade. I've been playing ever since. Didn't skip any of the expansions, and I have been raiding since then as well. (Seriously you cannot tell me what to do. I will post in this thread because I can) I even voted. You might of wanted to think through the reasoning there man. It sounds so scatterbrained for the poll.

But There's all sorts of people who started during TBC, Wrath, Cata, and even MOP. Doesnt make them any worse than anyone else.

I'm excited for the 5th Expansion of World of Warcraft. Warlords of Draenor looks kick ass and it took them THIS LONG to introduce housing. They blew my mind with Garrisons. Although Who knows how much of this stuff they will keep through out their planning and scripting, and animating for this game. Some will be scrapped, some will stay. I love the fact that most characters that have looked half ass modeled and rigged are getting a decent remodel. It will make the game look good.

And *sigh* dont use aqua color on this background it does not look good and it makes it hard to see.

Warlords of Draenor:
    Blizzard: LETS INTRODUCE TIME TRAVEL
    Everyone else: Oh great now Blizzard is a fan of Doctor Who.
    The Doctor: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff! YAYYY Bowties are cool!

Quit a week or two after mop release, my guild was too slow with getting started with raiding so I got bored.

The next expasion seem kinda cool tbh. But I would've prefered a legion-based expansion.

If they weren't relegating me to derp mode normal raiding and calling it "heroic" I'd be very excited about WoD. As it is, my guild is a 10 man semi-casual heroic raiding guild. Sound weird? I can explain: About 50-75% of the raiders also raid in other guilds and clear 8+/14 heroic and are working on progression. But my guild just killed Garrosh for the second time last night. We'll probably get our first two heroic kills next week. So we're nothing like progressed or in the progression race or anything.

But...if this were WOD and we hadn't made the jump to 20 man, we'd be at the end of our content. We'd be farming for gear for nothing really. Why get normal gear if you can't then get heroic gear?

Maybe it'll work out. Maybe. If not though... raiding's really the cornerstone of why I play. Without satisfying raiding... meh.