Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If you dont want this achievement your just a sore loser...

Not sure what removing the achievements will accomplish but I'm willing to bet nothing.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood the desire to rush for realm/world first in something as ultimately pointless as a FoS in WoW, but for those that do, eh, whatever floats your boat. I'll never tell someone else how to spend their game time so long as it doesn't have adverse impact on others.

However, if you truly enjoyed rushing to be as fast as possible, you would enjoy it even without some meaningless reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Or the correct class. We had Realmfirst Lv90 Monk (20hours) before someone did Realmfirst Lv90 Rogue (21hours). And it is not an empty server.
    Yeah that just means all your non-monk racers were slow. I did it in 21 hours despite sleeping for 4 and going to an interview for 3. (shaman)

THAT BEING SAID, monks who haven't done the Q can have the bonus exp buff stored and waiting for lvl 90-100 if they don't fix it? Sounds like an instant winner there if it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I feel like realm firsts (especially the raiding ones) were one of the few things left in the game that separated out the best players / guild on the server from the rest.

I remember expansion after expansion how coveted the realm first raid kill achievements were, and how many guilds pushed to get it. Once that first guild got it, there was a lot of respect that went towards them, even from non-raiders who don't check wowprogress every week.

To me, this is just another way of taking some of the prestige out of the game in order to make the masses feel special ("everyone gets epics! everyone can raid regardless of effort and skill! everyone gets a legendary! no one is better than you at this game!").

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Happysocks View Post
    If you dont want this achievement your just a sore loser...
    Not sure why? Too this day I never did achievements, and I'm not about to start. Why does that make me a sore looser.

I couldn't care less weither it's in the game or not. But from a game design point of view I don't see why there should be one as it promotes unhealthy behavior to gaming.

I'm a Realm First 70, 80, 85 and 90 and to be honest I'm fine with retirement

It's been a BLAST! But will feel strange not spending a week+ in Beta learning the quests, or what dungeons to run. Or the habit of turning days ahead of release upside down with strange sleeping patterns.

Will be wierd to just cruise slowly towards level 100, no rush no nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Realm firsts are usually taken within 10 hours, some up to 15. It's not that crazy as you make it sound.
    This is the casual state WoW is in now, 70 and 80 took days and felt much more like an accomplishment, level 85 and 90 took very few hours. I even remember sleeping after dinging and get up to watch Champions League in the evening...
    Last edited by Nelle; 2013-11-11 at 06:25 PM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    I feel like realm firsts (especially the raiding ones) were one of the few things left in the game that separated out the best players / guild on the server from the rest.

I remember expansion after expansion how coveted the realm first raid kill achievements were, and how many guilds pushed to get it. Once that first guild got it, there was a lot of respect that went towards them, even from non-raiders who don't check wowprogress every week.

To me, this is just another way of taking some of the prestige out of the game in order to make the masses feel special ("everyone gets epics! everyone can raid regardless of effort and skill! everyone gets a legendary! no one is better than you at this game!").
    the guild/players that got most of the realm 1s 90s disbanded/dont play shortly after they cleared msv on heroic they didnt go past that. They where the dicks of the server and anyone that "respected" them where idiots for it. sad to see it go i was server 3rd hunter and i didnt have a dungeon grinding group or anything like that I did it the old fashioned way, I was hoping to get it for wod but oh well :P

I still plan on making my own little grind group and burning the midnight oil to get to 100 and start gearing up asap.
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2013-11-11 at 06:06 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

I can understand their reasoning behind it, if the idea is that people should "enjoy" the content instead of rushing through it. With that said, I don't think it will stop people from leveling or exploiting as fast as they can to 100, so they can start doing the important things like getting gear, valor, raiding etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Racing to max level by playing non-stop in a mad, sleepless rush is not how Blizzard intend the game to be played. People who go for these achievements skip over many things and don't bother to enjoy the game itself, they don't even experience it properly.

It's not healthy for the game OR the people doing the achievements.
    I really like when people decide what's enjoyable to me, for me.

You know, since enjoyment is subjective.

I find a certain level of irony in the fact that your argument of "This is not how blizzard intended the game to be played" runs completely counter to blizzard turning a lot of the game into a sandbox.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I can understand their reasoning behind it, if the idea is that people should "enjoy" the content instead of rushing through it. With that said, I don't think it will stop people from leveling or exploiting as fast as they can to 100, so they can start doing the important things like getting gear, valor, raiding etc.
    This is true, it won't stop the people that will do it regardless. If that is what they want to do, they will do it, and if they get enjoyment out of doing it, I can't say I really understand the desire to rush, but I respect their right to enjoy doing it that way it they want.

However, it *will* stop those that were ONLY doing it for a shot at the FoS.

because realm firsts were usually through slightly inventive use of game mechanics not just nonstop play so rewarded this behaviour. Achievements are the worst thing in video games since regenerating health in fps.

there is no point in realm first max level/race/profs, they only require someone to give a little preperation and no sleep until they max it out, basically it just forces sad ppl to go for these things that mean nothing in the long run, as it requires no skill to do this.

Realm 1st on anything can be done from a few minutes to some hours and it is wonderful. I've had quite a kick doing Realm First Zen Alchemist. Finished it in like 5 hours and still had time to sleep and go to work

And i did it on Stormscale EU (quite full server mhm) by coming up with a great idea to swim all the way to Kun-lai and fish there for Oils that closed that gap that other people were trying to close by camping AH in main cities, and that's the main thing not counting sniping AH and other.

Thus i am very sad (not very but u know :P) that i can't rush something in the 1st hours. This casual play...
    Last edited by Cannibalus; 2013-11-12 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I find it hard to believe that anyone cares so much about it that they will quit. I always wanted to try get one but I have never been arsed to try Now I don't have to feel that need anymore!
    I tried for Shaman on The Underbog (US) in MoP. I got to 89 about a quarter level behind at about 16 hours nonstop. I stayed on until the Realm First 90 Shaman! showed up, but didn't really try after hitting 89 because I was dozing.

Side note, raid leader tried for first Fishing. Missed it by 25 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im glad. It ruined the game play for me when I am forced to see realm first for every class and race I had to stay off for a couple days till the realm first rush died out in cata. Plus it causes people to be super competitive and miss out on the story and environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Racing to max level by playing non-stop in a mad, sleepless rush is not how Blizzard intend the game to be played. People who go for these achievements skip over many things and don't bother to enjoy the game itself, they don't even experience it properly.

It's not healthy for the game OR the people doing the achievements.
    And yet there are people (a past version of myself included) that very much enjoyed this race to server first. The competition, the drive, it was refreshing and fun and something very rarely adapted for pve. One little mistake and it costs you another 10 minutes or more on the other guilds' pull.

More or less, I did those sort of things because there was very little in this game for me to enjoy, because experiencing it "properly" was boring and felt like another night at the drycleaners 5 nights a week. Though, not doing that now I can see that I have much more free time, but I think that's the only way I'd be able to return to raiding, is if it was competitive.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't get level 85 realm first because I still had 2 months cool off after transfer when I dinged.
    I beat 2nd paladin to level 90 by like 3 hours and got my realm first 90. It wasn't that hard to pull off, I was second Horde person on my realm to get it.
    While I enjoyed the race and stuff, I'm fine with those feats going away.

15+ Year Old Account
    I still have nightmares from not knowing about realm first achievements in WotLK and coming 3rd undead priest.........if only I had know......

As with a lot of things, the first time, when almost everyone was a bit clueless, they were pretty cool but if you would try for them these days, you would have to be the supernerd of the realm with a lot of help. Which makes it kinda right that they removed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    I still have nightmares from not knowing about realm first achievements in WotLK and coming 3rd undead priest.........if only I had know......

As with a lot of things, the first time, when almost everyone was a bit clueless, they were pretty cool but if you would try for them these days, you would have to be the supernerd of the realm with a lot of help. Which makes it kinda right that they removed them.
    idk man my group on stormrage(very popular server) took home 3/4 realm firsts with no prior research. we discovered that monkey runs were stupid exp and well easy

when we hit 89 we hit up townlong and kaboom

http://i.imgur.com/5iLCbh.jpg