Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Realm firsts just encourage people to find exploits, and rush through content (only to later come to forums such as these and complain there's nothing to do a week into the expansion :P). Given that Blizz seems to want us to enjoy and explore the content (during leveling and at max), this move would only make sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Kardiac View Post
    Realm firsts just encourage people to find exploits, and rush through content (only to later come to forums such as these and complain there's nothing to do a week into the expansion :P). Given that Blizz seems to want us to enjoy and explore the content (during leveling and at max), this move would only make sense!
    This would maybe change it for a few people, there will still be people running for world first and realm first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blackhammer99 View Post
    Ya I mean, this is certainly a good change for many reasons. A few people have already said it, but I will echo the fact that with 10 levels, achievements such as this encourage botting, account sharing, or even boarded line health risks.
    The "realm firsts" would certainly have to be people who spend their whole week playing, and whether or not that is Blizzard's direct concern, I forward it.

More so, the "race" encourages people to completely skip the reason you quest. I learned this first hand in previous expansions such as cata, where I still haven't done most of the quests and understand essentially nothing about the zones.

Its better overall if everyone just relaxes and enjoys the zones, as they will undoubtedly be the best ever in the game (if Jade Forest was any indicator!)
    5 more levels doesn't meant the the leveling will be longer, it feels like it's mostly because there were people complaining about 5 levels being to low.

I enjoyed the 90 race as the underdog. I was the only Ret going for it that wasn't decked out in full HC DS gear and still came top. That was also with being stuck for 2 and a half hours on the fucking merry-go-round that was the Alliance intro quest while 2 of them were either grinding mobs or farming dungeons as they were both 86 before I even landed. Will be a shame to see it go but I understand why. All this does is lessen my desire to get into the beta, since all I wanted to do this time was memorise the most efficient way to 100, since the 85 and 90 races I did were winged. Narrowly missed out on 85 DK too ;c

Doesn't matter to me since I'm such a ridiculously slow leveler

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhammer99 View Post
    Ya I mean, this is certainly a good change for many reasons. A few people have already said it, but I will echo the fact that with 10 levels, achievements such as this encourage botting, account sharing, or even boarded line health risks.
    Levels are meaningless in this discussion because Blizzard tunes the experience gains for how quickly they want you to level. Blizzard also said at Blizzcon that they want leveling to be faster and backing off of the idea that it should be a long grind. The 10 levels in WoD could very well be the same experience gain as MoP or even faster. The levels added in MoP had more to do with the Stats (and item squish not being implemented) then anything. Which is why we are going back to 10 levels as the item squish brings us back to where 10 levels won't create problematic item levels and stats.

Leveling in WoD will be a fun and fast paced romp through the zones. The team is backing off the idea that leveling should be a long grind.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...con-2013-Recap
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Even though the raids were gated by a time delay it still gave those who leveled fastest an advantage in the realm/world first Raid race.
    So your telling me that people that put in time effort and work to get somwhere get an advantage over those that dont? NO FUCKING WAY. I wish you would warn us before dropping knowledge like that.

IM sorry but the removal of the First fos is just to apease to the casual crowd who would constantly whine about the cool titles or mounts ect that people got for being the first to clear somthing.

No one is forced to level fast, people that did before will still do it. No one was forced to be realm first. And if you were then you need to call the police on the people keeping you st5rapped to the chair and puppeting your hands into playing.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2013-11-17 at 06:01 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    So your telling me that people that put in time effort and work to get somwhere get an advantage over those that dont? NO FUCKING WAY. I wish you would warn us before dropping knowledge like that.
    Why so hostile? My post, and that comment, were in response to someone who is in favor of Realm first raiding but not in favor of Realm First leveling. And the same reasons they were against leveling apply to raiding which is why I was pointing that out to them. They were acting like Realm First raiding didn't still require a rush to level cap and was different because it takes place post leveling.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame. Personally, I've never been inspired to race or rush these things. I'm the opposite, normally! I recall when WotLK was released, I didn't even set sail for Northrend until after the first week .. I was put off by the huge crowds in Hellfire Peninsula during the previous expansion. So I idled away some time finishing up some quest chains in Shadowmoon Valley, might have been Netherwing rep actually.

But still, plenty of people love all of that mad rush during the first couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I can understand their reasoning behind it, if the idea is that people should "enjoy" the content instead of rushing through it. With that said, I don't think it will stop people from leveling or exploiting as fast as they can to 100, so they can start doing the important things like getting gear, valor, raiding etc.
    Haha, those are the least important things to some players.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Racing to max level by playing non-stop in a mad, sleepless rush is not how Blizzard intend the game to be played. People who go for these achievements skip over many things and don't bother to enjoy the game itself, they don't even experience it properly.

It's not healthy for the game OR the people doing the achievements.
    It is perfectly healthy actually. I will still race and rush the level up as it's the best part about the launch, speed level, it's a challenge against yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TCCB1833 View Post
    So last night, after the Q&A panel there were some answers from twitter being answered and one of them was about how they were going to manage the realm first achievements in WoD with all the cross realm/connected realms going on. And the answer was: "We are not planning to have those realm first achievements". The reasoning behind this was that "those achievements are only for a few people in the world" and they "don't really feel like they should have achievements that do strange things to the game".
    Translation: Implementing Connected Realms broke Realm First Achievements and they can't be arsed to fix them, but here's a feeble excuse instead.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

The realm first spams on day one of an exp were kind of a joke anyway. But I really liked realm firsts for the end boss on heroic.

Deleted
    I'm dissapointed. I raced to realm first druid in MoP and altough I didnt win it was still great fun. An amazing night of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    A very lazy decision. I like the Realm First races and have gotten a class FoS already. I will miss them.
    someone please explain how deciding to remove something as pointless as Realm First FoS is lazy. Seriously. People will take any chance to call Blizzard lazy.

well even without the achievement I'm still going to rush to 100, I find leveling and question extremely tedious and can't stand it. If I end up leveling my character for more than one sitting I would most likely drop him because I'd get bored