Page 1 of 2
LastLast

nfluences of WoD events on Draenor Draenai

any speculation on the state of the draenai in Garrosh's dimension?

I wonder if, since its been 30 years against this horde (but who never drank the blood of mannoroth but have BlackFuse tech for their ship tech) how this has affected their development, culture and beliefs.

Are they more militant and hostile? Have they lost some of their positive attitude due to the prolonged war and harshness? What are the Naaru upto? How have they and Velen grown and adapted to this different path?

Are the Tempest Keep ships (including the exodar) still around somewhere?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Based on what I've seen between the trailer and some videos of gameplay, it looks like they're not the same peaceful meditative Draenei. It's entirely cliche for this expansion, but "savage" describes them well.

Another good word is Guerella.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    any speculation on the state of the draenai in Garrosh's dimension?

I wonder if, since its been 30 years against this horde (but who never drank the blood of mannoroth but have BlackFuse tech for their ship tech) how this has affected their development, culture and beliefs.

Are they more militant and hostile? Have they lost some of their positive attitude due to the prolonged war and harshness? What are the Naaru upto? How have they and Velen grown and adapted to this different path?

Are the Tempest Keep ships (including the exodar) still around somewhere?
    The Draenei haven't been fighting the Iron Horde for 30 years. We are going back to that time-period, shortly after Garrosh arrived. It's plastered all over the official information about WoD.

Shattrath is under siege by the Iron Horde and we have to help them out.

The Naaru proper only showed up because the Legion activity shot up on Outland. When that would have happened is decades into the future.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-11-10 at 09:52 PM.

ah yes and Tempest keep is a Naaru vessel if i remember. So the Draenor draenai will lack the level of magitech they currently have.

theres most likely no broken Draenai (unless guldan has caused a few but nothing like today) and the massive (90% population) draenai massacre probably hasnt occurred (atleast before we arrive)
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-11-10 at 11:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ah yes and Tempest keep is a Naaru vessel if i remember. So the Draenor draenai will lack the level of magitech they currently have.
    Not really.
    We won't have access to a functioning dimensional ship, but our knowledge is unchanged.
    Remember: Draenei have been in contact with Naaru technology for 25000 years now.
    Add to that the fact that they were one of the most sophisticated and magically adept civilizations in the Warcraft universe when Sargeras appeared to them.

I'm WAY more interested in:
    a) how do the Azeroth-Draenei react if they see all their slaughtered loved ones, they still grieve for, alive again? That must be goddamn horrible, I doubt Blizzard has the guts to even acknowledge that fact let alone implement it.

b) what happens to the Garrosh-Draenei once the xpac is over? Portal closed and that's that? Are they saved? Do they join our army of the light? (awkward :S)

10+ Year Old Account
    theres most likely no broken Draenai (unless guldan has caused a few but nothing like today) and the massive (90% population) draenai massacre probably hasnt occurred (atleast before we arrive)
    While they would have suffered some casualties in the war, it's definitely nothing like near extinction they suffered in the PU timeline. Shattrath, Karabor, Auchindoun, and various other Draenei settlements are still standing in WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I'm WAY more interested in:
    a) how do the Azeroth-Draenei react if they see all their slaughtered loved ones, they still grieve for, alive again? That must be goddamn horrible, I doubt Blizzard has the guts to even acknowledge that fact let alone implement it.

b) what happens to the Garrosh-Draenei once the xpac is over? Portal closed and that's that? Are they saved? Do they join our army of the light? (awkward :S)
    I hope Blizzard doesn't leave them out for the sake of narrative simplicity. They already said they're doing something "clever" to keep PU Velen out of it so he doesn't meet AU Velen on Draenor.

EDIT: Although, I may be remembering wrong. The "clever" part may be about them not meeting, not that PU Velen is stuck on PU Azeroth.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-11-10 at 11:31 PM.

oh man am i rusty on my draenai lore. Which is disgusting to acknowledge as a lore buff. I guess this is what happens when i dont get the oppurtunity to take that info out for a walk out of my head for years

i hope we see familiar outland faces (dimensional alts but yeah).

The female draenai from the image, i wonder if she's Ishanah, the head of our Aldor.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-11-10 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I hope Blizzard doesn't leave them out for the sake of narrative simplicity. They already said they're doing something "clever" to keep PU Velen out of it so he doesn't meet AU Velen on Draenor.
    On a personal note:
    Yeah I'll probably have to do something similar.
    Maybe Xi'ri provides my priestess with a necklace that makes her unable to recognize anyone and vice versa, I don't know.
    All I know is, that if she were to see her dead Husband & Daughter again in the alternate reality, I wouldn't have a character to role play anymore, because her already splintered soul would shatter and she would end up in complete insanity or death.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a personal note:
    Maybe Xi'ri provides my priestess with a necklace that makes her unable to recognize anyone and vice versa, I don't know.
    All I know is, that if she were to see her dead Husband & Daughter again in the alternate reality, I wouldn't have a character to role play anymore, because her already splintered soul would shatter and she would end up in complete insanity or death.
    Better question is. Are we able to go back and forth between the portal lorewise or are we "Lol you're stuck gg." If the latter.....oh boy that's going to make RP difficult as fuck.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Better question is. Are we able to go back and forth between the portal lorewise or are we "Lol you're stuck gg." If the latter.....oh boy that's going to make RP difficult as fuck.
    It's most likely a 2-way portal. The Iron Horde invades us through the Red Dark Portal. We fight them off, then counter-invade into Draenor. Kinda like TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    The female draenai from the image, i wonder if she's Ishanah, the head of our Aldor.
    You mean her?

They had a name for her in the panel, but I can't understand it due to acoustics.
    She can't be Ishanah though, since she is obviously not a priestess.

BTW: I want vicio-... SAVAGE! looking horns like that!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You mean her?

They had a name for her in the panel, but I can't understand it due to acoustics.

If female Draenei could look that good.

Her hair!
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean her?

Yurol (sp?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Yurol (sp?)
    Sounds right, definitely a new character.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds right, definitely a new character.
    It's been confirmed as Yrel
    Butts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    what was the name of the female draenei hero helping us on Draenor. Didnt catch her name in the panel.
    Yrel! Pronounced "Yee-Rell" (Source)
    Didn't sound like that's how it was pronounced on the panel, but watevs.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-11-11 at 12:18 AM.

not finding many questions during blizzcon that pertained to the state of the Draenai. atleast nothing juicy.

If we're at a pre-currupted shadowmoon temple though then pre-broken Akama. Maybe Nubundo?

The prime timeline draenei suffered more under the horde, so I doubt the alternate draenei are all that much different. The draenei did have "savage" moments in BC like Bloodmyst Isle questing.

not finding many questions during blizzcon that pertained to the state of the Draenai. atleast nothing juicy.

If we're at a pre-currupted shadowmoon temple though then pre-broken Akama. Maybe Nubundo?
    Everyone was asking about time travel and orcs, no one really asked about draenei. I was disappointed.

On a personal note:
    Xi'ri is of the Sha'tar, who came to Draenor aboard the Tempest Keep after it was destroyed. The only two Naaru on Draenor at the time of Warlords would be D'ore in Auchindoun and K'ure in Oshu'gun.

Vindicator Akama is one of the first questgivers you work with in the beta build, apparently. No word on Nobundo, but that is probably because he was from Shattrath, not Karabor.

The only main difference I can see from these Draenei to our own is that they have lost some faith in Velen's ability of foresight.

As the ancient leader of the draenei, the prophet Velen has spent hundreds of human lifetimes carefully weighing and recording the futures he foresees so that creation itself does not fall. Velen’s guidance preserved his people during an exodus from their homeworld, Argus, but his wisdom is in question after the arrival of the Iron Horde on Draenor. What value is a prophet whose visions cannot prevent calamity?
    - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/warlords...enor/#questing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    The only main difference I can see from these Draenei to our own is that they have lost some faith in Velen's ability of foresight.

As the ancient leader of the draenei, the prophet Velen has spent hundreds of human lifetimes carefully weighing and recording the futures he foresees so that creation itself does not fall. Velen’s guidance preserved his people during an exodus from their homeworld, Argus, but his wisdom is in question after the arrival of the Iron Horde on Draenor. What value is a prophet whose visions cannot prevent calamity?
    - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/warlords...enor/#questing
    Well, PU Velen was pretty shaken about not being able to forsee the Cataclysm (determine its trueness from alternative futures). He can't even determine if the repaired Exodar will have a successful launch. Seems like a common theme for Velen to be shitty at his job without a Naaru to hold his hand.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-11-11 at 06:48 AM.