Thread: Gold in WOD

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gold in WOD

Since reforging Is gone and enchants and gems are less, will the need for gold decrease in WOD.besides the usual gold sinks, leveling proffesions at the start of the expansion (costed me 100 gold enchabting 525 to 600 at the begining of MOP) and mount training we dont have to spend much gold.

I hope this is the case because usually I start farming gold before the next expansion by 7-9 months inorder to last me the entire expansion (started with 270k took me a while to grind now at 20k even bought all the goldsinks :/.

Whats your opinion on the new changes and how will it affect the need of gold as a currency?

If this is the case then I shouldnt farm much for the next expansion

Deleted
    im guessing enchants and gems on the AH will cost 10x more then they do now in the next expansion, so gold will not be affected at all.

I will always be rich. Nothing can stop me.

If you can resist the gold sinks like I can, you will always be fine. I have toons with every profession so I'm good 2 go.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post

If you can resist the gold sinks like I can, you will always be fine. I have toons with every profession so I'm good 2 go.
    If you're truly rich you can afford gold sinks...

Deleted
    If gems and enchants are less. JC's and Enchanters may well just charge more. They won't begin to operate at minimal profit margains or even at a loss just because there are less gem and enchant slots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post

What about being rich with all the gold sinks? That's my preferred way, lol.

OT: The economy will compensate / adjust. If no other regular spending needs take the place of the missing ones, I would expect prices of more traditional spending needs such as enchants/gems/shoulder inscriptions/crafted gear/etc. to inflate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on farming and once garrisons are up yielding the new stuff, bottom may fall out of trade good prices. I usually get everything I need up front to skill up my toons - especially the new noob. But with no new character to level, most certainly will not be buying stuff to skill up anything -- doubt if anyone else will either

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    What about being rich with all the gold sinks? That's my preferred way, lol.

OT: The economy will compensate / adjust. If no other regular spending needs take the place of the missing ones, I would expect prices of more traditional spending needs such as enchants/gems/shoulder inscriptions/crafted gear/etc. to inflate.
    They will inflate but to what degree, enchants are already really cheap because their mats are abundant while fems I expect an increase in price

I will take jc as an example:
    320 .astrey costs 100 gols in x server and my chest has 3 yellow sockets now it will cost me 300 gold but next expansion itemz will have less gem sockets meaning that although the inflated gem will be priced around leta say 400 gold each it is a total of 20% increase in price and usually a raider changes gems less than reforges unless stats wieghts change

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that mats will cost more, because the farmers (for at least some period of time) won't be able to fly around grabbing herb and ore nodes while staying out of combat. So the days of mining 800-1000 ore per hour will be over, for awhile at least.

So mats will cost more, thus the gems will be priced higher, but since you need fewer gems overall, your out of pocket cost to gem your stuff will probably not change much from what it is right now.

Enchanting is a little harder to predict simply because enchant costs are dependent upon the supply of items to disenchant. Enchants have gotten very cheap because MoP greens drop like rain + jewelcrafters DE the green jewelry they make during the shuffle (not to mention even sha crystals are plentiful now thanks to TI).

By disallowing flying for a few months, JCs won't have access to so much ore so fast, so there probably won't be as much green jewelry to DE; likewise, Blizzard controls the number of green items that drop in the world, so they can influence how much is available to DE. Lastly, we don't yet know which enchants are going to be removed, although one of the devs made a snide comment about bracer enchants. (Although if they pull bracer enchants, it seems like they'd have to do something for leatherworkers who have a self-enhancement for that slot, or move the leatherworking selfie to another enchantable slot).

They also didn't really say if they were referring to cutting down only on the cloak/shoulders/hands/wrists/feet done by enchanters, or also to the shoulders and leg enchants you have to buy from inscriptionists and tailors.

Anyway. I will say this. The players who farm gold full time in WoW always find a way to capitalize on whatever design loopholes Blizzard overlooks. That's how the shuffle came about in the first place. And it usually takes Blizzard many months to nerf or completely close those pathways down.

Lastly, I think it's important to recognize the significance of the Garrison. For the first time players without alts of other professions will be able to craft non-primary profession things, using followers. Chances are they will be able to make enough gems or enchants or whatever they need to do their own gear, and might visit the auction house less. It's hard to say at this point, though, it depends on how much time it takes to build and upgrade the Garrison, how easy or hard it is to get those followers, and at what rate those followers can learn useful recipes and craft them for you.

Garrisons...

I'm MORE than certain that's going to be your gold sink counter point to reforging right there. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Garrison upgrades on their panel had a cost of 10k. Now I know this is not final, but it's likely to be the next gold-sink.

Also, new BMAH for WoD?

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were a JC/Enchanter, right now I would be dumping all those items to be eliminated from the game (e.g., hit gems and enchants, etc). These guys usually make their cash right before and during the first months of the xpac.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing Garrisons will be a huge sink for gold.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooney View Post
    If I were a JC/Enchanter, right now I would be dumping all those items to be eliminated from the game (e.g., hit gems and enchants, etc). These guys usually make their cash right before and during the first months of the xpac.
    Not really. I wouldn't hoard cut gems for the next xpac of ANY kind, because there will be better ones. But dumping Hit gems right now is silly because WoD is probably half a year away (or more) and players still gotta hit the hit cap for SoO progression. There's no reason to dump hit gems for 5g each just because Blizzard said they won't be used in a year.

Judging on the the slides of the Garrisons i saw, upgrading the imfirmary was 10k Gold. Sure, its not even beta yet, but im sure we can see similarities for the Garrison being a huge gold sink. Not to mention BMAH will still be in pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xene View Post
    Judging on the the slides of the Garrisons i saw, upgrading the imfirmary was 10k Gold. Sure, its not even beta yet, but im sure we can see similarities for the Garrison being a huge gold sink. Not to mention BMAH will still be in pandaria
    So just that one building was 10k? Given how many buildings you can have, they must be planning to drop a lot more gold, then. Most non-goblin players wouldn't be able to keep up with that.

no matter what. i will still fail at making gold. most i had at one point was like 6k which i went and spent on stupid stuff and alt stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    If you're truly rich you can afford gold sinks...
    Gold sinks last forever. BMAH goes on forever. You will be sucked into the plague of a gold spending addiction.

Looking at some of the garrison stuff costing upwards of 10k for an upgrade, you'll need to spend quite a bit of money before you actually get the resources to make up for it. Not to mention we don't know if there's going to be any rare items needed, or how many will be required, for making profession mounts, pets, armors, etc. Are there going to be any mote/spirit of harmony-like resources? How will they be gathered? Will there be crafted items that will require once-a-day resources from multiple professions? How much will the various professions depend on the garrison gatherings? If they do eventually decide to allow flying in Draenor, will it cost a fortune? Will they have rep mounts that cost a lot? Any RF/Flex/Norm/Myth specific tokens/resources for various things? What stuff will be BoP and BoE? BMAH?

There's still a TON of stuff that we don't know about this xpac so it's going to be really hard to speculate how you'll be spending your gold at this time. However the price tag on the garrison buildings should be a hint at where some, if not most, will be initially going. I sincerely hope they increase the amount of gold from questing by a lot.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious to see how the economy will be effected by the Garrison's more than anything. But we will have to wait and see, GC made a point to say they would make sure proffs would still be profitable.