Poll: How do you feel about the Lone Wolf talent?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Considering the buffs I have to bring to my 10m team I doubt I will ever be able to use that option, but on some fights (like Immerseus....) I'd love to have that option, not because I dont like pets, but because they bug constantly.

It will be awfully nice not having to worry about pet pathing / bugged boss fights where your pet is basically useless.

Deleted
    Personally I think it's great that this is in the game in some form however I'd personally like to see the following changes before it goes live;

Change the talent to be a toggled ability (like trap launcher).
    Change so that while the talent is toggled on, summoned pets are tiny non-combat versions of themselves (which still provide their buffs/debuffs).

I also think it could be cool to have them sit on your shoulder

Edit: Secondary thought, this would also allow Spirit Bond to continue to function.
    Last edited by mmoc8d0803caf5; 2013-11-11 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Added thought

Deleted
    If anything I'd say Lone Wolf proves how hard it is to fix pet AI on some fights. This is going to be Blizzards fix for fights such as Immerseus, Galakras, Blackfuse and Garrosh where it seems to be impossible flr them to fix pathing AI. I personally hope it stays 30% since we sacrifice our only utility in the form of adaptable buffs/debuffs. However I doubt our ability to bring any buff/debuff will be redundant in 20 man mythic raids.

Deleted
    Can't understand this excitement about petless spec. Seems people in one thread whine about dumbing down spec with removing such talent like readyness and in another hyping about talent that takes away skill that required to micromanage your pet. I hope it will be made like for warlocks that having pet up gives dps increase in most situations unless there is pathing issues.

Deleted
    What are we gonna do if we don't give bufs anymore? No utility in raid

This true? we'll get hunters without pets?

I find making it a talent to be boring and crap.

It should be baseline for MM, and the bonus the talent gives to BM is absurdly boring.

It should definitely still exist, but it shouldn't be a talent. It should just be what MM actually is.

Deleted
    I really like the idea but I am a little concerned as a PvPer. Will we be losing Master's Call and Roar of Sacrifice because of this? I know Warlocks take on an ability when they sacrifice a demon, so I'm hoping hunter does this for both the passive buff of the pet and Master's Call/RoS.

Deleted
    It's strictly a PVE talent. In PVP you will still need the extra pet abilities as well as the extra thing to stop a rogue from sapping/blinding you and capping the flag.

The wowy talent doesn't give the hunter the pet's abilities, if it did, mayhap it would have been a good talent for pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I can really think of: "Is blizzard really gonna let hunters level from 1 to 100 with a pet just so they can get rid of it?"
    I guess it's nice for MM and Surv but it's a pretty boring and shitty version of GoSac.

Deleted
    i have to wonder how i am going to use kill command if i pick the "lone wolf" talent

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    All I can really think of: "Is blizzard really gonna let hunters level from 1 to 100 with a pet just so they can get rid of it?"
    I guess it's nice for MM and Surv but it's a pretty boring and shitty version of GoSac.
    Nope, they can't really get rid of it. They can't do pvp without a pet and they can't farm/quest without one either, or they can but they won't be any good at neither.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperstomper View Post
    i have to wonder how i am going to use kill command if i pick the "lone wolf" talent
    BM spec gets a different version, you will still have a pet but the pet will get all the special gimmicks of all other pet specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperstomper View Post
    The talent just buffs the pet for BM and gives it access to tenacity and cunning abilities. Very boring in my opinion.

Deleted
    When looking at this talent, as well as the warrior's Gladiator stance I just thought to myself:

Why are not these glyphs just like the warlock "tank spec"?

This is such a waste that such interesting abilities that totally change the class are moved to 100. It would be much more enjoyable to make them baseline skills or glyphs at 25. I personally would love to level up an Archer and not a Farmer...

Glad to see the idea is finally out there at Blizzard. I just hope that they can balance it well. I think that it should be a theoretical ~3-5% loss in not using the pet in patchwerk style or largely single target fights but a gain where pets are undesirable due to AI or heavy target switching or giant hitboxes or whatever else. It's a tough thing to get right, and I hope that they don't give up on it. It isn't even beta yet so I'm going to withhold some of my excitement until it's more certain that we're getting it.

It would be nice to also see pets inherit expertise from the hunter at a doubled rate so that they can also be parry capped, as well as removing the "always attack from behind" thing in the pet AI, which is one of the reasons why big hitboxes are an issue. Sure this talent would give us an opt-out of dealing with that but I think it would be fair considering the big limitations of the AI.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

completly indifferent since i dont play sv/mm any more and i prefer bm

i'm a pet collector so ill stick with my pets, but this is something i'd wanted to see for a looooong time. looking forward to it
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Deleted
    Really excited for this, it's awesome. Though I guess I'll have to roll a second hunter, my fluffy tauren sure as hell won't run around petless.

It's neat that it's finally here, but I don't care much. I like having a pet around to tank for me, same goes for Warlock. Was excited for GoS back in the day, but I've grown too fond of having a minion on those two classes, so not gonna use either unless I for some reason go main Hunter/Warlock and the encounter is crap for pets/minions.