Poll: How do you feel about the Lone Wolf talent?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Question Gauging your reaction to "Lone Wolf" lvl 100 talent

Personally, I'm so happy about this. Those who want to be a classical WoW hunter can still pick from the other two talents. Pet-less Warlocks have been well-balanced for the most part so I don't imagine pet-less Hunters will be a nightmare either.

I can't wait to finally be a Warcraft II -style Ranger. More options are a good thing. Some of the reactions I've seen have come off as almost ultra-conservative in nature..

Last edited by Funky Kong; 2013-11-11 at 12:46 AM.

Definitely nice to have that option.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love playing petless on my lock. Not so sure about the hunter, though. I'm weirdly attached to my pixel pets at times, so I don't know that I'd part with them. Cool that's it's finally an option, though. I suppose there's potential (I do not know the lvl 100 talents, admittedly) for it to be the best talent of the three, so every hardcore raider who liked their pets would be pressured into using it. And then the reverse of it being so bad that nobody will use it even though they'd like to. But what are you gonna do.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it (eventhough I don't even play Hunter anymore)!

A shame you can't have Snipe AND Lone Wolf at the same time, that would be awesomee!
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Quote Originally Posted by Sonridor View Post
    I love it (eventhough I don't even play Hunter anymore)!

A shame you can't have Snipe AND Lone Wolf at the same time, that would be awesomee!
    Who knows; talents usually get swapped around during the beta.

Been asking for this ever since Warlocks got their rehaul.. love it

OMG yes and with the cloak fixes the only other change I can think of that would be nice to the ranger theme would be a bit of a clean up to the hood armor models that are out. Would like a hood more like the one the Sylvannas hero unit wore in Warcraft III

Deleted
    It's certainly an interesting way of hamstringing your soloing ability...

Don't like it. Danger of it becoming mandatory, and I've been playing a hunter for almost seven years -- I rolled a class with a pet, I want a class with a pet.

Assuming it's tuned to be a damage loss, then... Okay, indifferent if that's the case.

I was way more excited for sacrifice than I am now for lone wolf. In the end it is just a flat damage increase while warlocks get a tank health pool (which scales very nicely with almost all warlocks self healing) and some passive health regen.

Really awesome, pets never really felt like they did anything for SV/MM besides auto attack and occasionally bug out..

Also I got my Thoridol today!

here is a picture of my corehound stuck in a tree from the run.

Last edited by Volitar; 2013-11-11 at 02:12 AM.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tariz View Post
    Been asking for this ever since Warlocks got their rehaul.. love it
    It will have the same life of GrimSac. Great for the first tier then nerfed each tier after that.

Unless they have other lv 100 talents that are interesting and useful, this Lone Wolf talent will be the go to talent and only get nerfed each tier like grimsac.

Blizz needs to make up their damn mind about the direction of pet classes. They told locks that we were a pet class. The option to go pet less would be an option at a cost of damage. They said that grimsac should never have been made. Now they make this talent? I honestly don't know what blizz is thinking anymore...

It got nerfed because Warlocks were insane every tier of the xpac and the flat damage from the buff was an easy thing to nerf. I think it'll be fine for Hunters.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Really awesome, pets never really felt like they did anything for SV/MM besides auto attack and occasionally bug out..

Also I got my Thoridol today!?!?!@?@#?!?@#?!#?!@#?!!

here is a picture of my corehound stuck in a tree.
    If pet AI is just that bad, maybe that should be blizz's first concern and action to help correct? Not just add in more options for pet classes to just sac their pet / dismiss their pet to get around the funky AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Faffin View Post
    It's certainly an interesting way of hamstringing your soloing ability...
    I don't think they are making talent choices permanent..

I'll be using the BM portion of WoWY but I think Lone Wolf is a nice way to add another play style that people wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    This will be amazing for those not wanting to deal with the buggy pet ui.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Master's call? sac? Those abilities needs to be added into the talent.
    And lynx rush + blink strikes needs to do something else when you have a petless talent.
    Then I would be 100% okey with it.

Now its horrible.

I'm actually not sure pet-less will truly be viable, or even in line with the other talents. Even for MM and SV, the pet contributes considerably to damage, and losing it takes its toll - and maybe this talent aims at compensating that loss when it happens, or helping a bit certain encounters where pet simply don't work, rather than actually promoting running without a pet 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    Personally, I'm so happy about this. Those who want to be a classical WoW hunter can still pick from the other two talents. Pet-less Warlocks have been well-balanced for the most part so I don't imagine pet-less Hunters will be a nightmare either.

I can't wait to finally be a Warcraft II -style Ranger. More options are a good thing. Some of the reactions I've seen have come off as almost ultra-conservative in nature..

the pic describes fantasy games in general. same class, guy is fully clothed, girl looks like a bikini model.

I'm not complaining though

OT: I LUV that new talent
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.