Thread: Tertiary Stats

Tertiary Stats

Do people like it?

It would be like diablo stat thing where random stats are added from pools of possible options upon dropping

It will probably be another RNGfest which no one liked.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

I think they are a waste of time. In the grand scheme of things those stats will be insignificant and unnoticeable so that people won't try to stack them. Cleave is the biggest culprit here, the rest of the stats can't really become significant in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well since they said the cd trinkets and amp trinkets are a test for these stats. I'm completely on board for them.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

I see tanks out there making run speed gear sets and just perma kiting bosses with Flash-like speed around boss rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by femur68 View Post
    I see tanks out there making run speed gear sets and just perma kiting bosses with Flash-like speed around boss rooms.
    They said they will cap it. They will be very minor, just something little to keep it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravityx View Post
    They said they will cap it. They will be very minor, just something little to keep it interesting.
    No, they actually said they will remove the cap but most likely movement speed will only appear on specific slots (like in diablo). For example boots and bracers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will there also be a magic find stat that increases your chance to get loot?

This is one thing what i hate about wow nowdays. Everything has to be minor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Will there also be a magic find stat that increases your chance to get loot?
    They haven't said anything about a stat like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Minor and unnoticeable is not interesting. That was the whole point of the talent revamp. Blizzard is so contradictory it hurts.

Much more different theorycraft combinations possible, so higher (i guess) chance that gear will be useful with different builds. Plus more possibility of molding it for encounter (ie : multistrike on patchwerk fights, and cleave on aoe fights).
    However i have a feeling that tanks will for movement speed + cd reduction ones

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    I think they are a waste of time. In the grand scheme of things those stats will be insignificant and unnoticeable so that people won't try to stack them. Cleave is the biggest culprit here, the rest of the stats can't really become significant in the first place.
    I'm guessing you don't do much heroic raiding. Movement speed is incredibly important. It's not only a survivability increase but DPS in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Lifesteal and avoidance make the healers jobs easier. If you're on the edge of being able to bring 1 less healer to a fight, gaining stats like life-steal and avoidance can be the difference. If you do end up dropping a healer for a DPS, that's a pretty substantial DPS increase for your raid.

And of course movement speed is a huge survivability increase.

Cleave will be nice for AoE fights.

CD reduction stats would be beyond amazing. That sounds a little too good.

I guess movement speed could be useful for any fights you have to kite something in.

Deleted
    It depends a bit on the numbers. If they are too big, it's a step in the wrong direction. They cleared up a lot of bagspace (especially for hybrid classes, usually running aroung with 2+ gears). It would suck that now you'd need different gears for single / cleave / movement bosses etc.