Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Lightbulb I fixed the new undead model...

Hey, so I'm new here but I wanted to get this out there. Just my suggestions/photoshopping for the new undead model, trying to make the anatomy more functional and make the face closer to the feel of the original. I'd love for someone at blizz to see this...

kencandraw.tumblr.com/post/66631989119/after-seeing-the-new-wow-models-my-inner-anatomy

Thanks for looking<3

10+ Year Old Account
    OP's Version-

Blizzard's Version-

after seeing the new WoW models my inner anatomy nerd cried. i decided to fix it… hoping (delusionally) that someone official might see it and care? just a tiny bit?
    Posted it for you.
    Last edited by Lime; 2013-11-11 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Bigger picture.

Thanks! I cant post images yet lol

I like your improvements.
    Although, while the eyes do look better, it's just due to them not being so "squished", they still look like pus-filled globes to me. :/

Agreed. I was trying to keep the edits minor but at least that might give them more room for the glow to look bigger. There better still be a glow...

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer your version. The bone extrusions looked too extreme for me as well. The eyes still don't do it for me but I just don't think they will in a similar design to what they have currently anyway.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by kencandraw View Post
    Agreed. I was trying to keep the edits minor but at least that might give them more room for the glow to look bigger. There better still be a glow...
    Of course they will.

I actually kinda like both versions, granted I like your improved spine and ribs more. It kinda makes me want a slidebar style customization for people that do want thicker brows, squintier eyes, more neanderthal-like skulls, etc.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

It would be awesome if they would fix the shoulders. They are really stupid even in the new model.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Did you post this on the wow forums? if not, please do it. Blizzard listens to feedback, and this is very good.

Deleted
    The arm bones protruding so far out of the shoulders were really bothering me with the original model.

If they only make one fix I wish it is the arm/shoulder bones, your version of them is a big improvement.
    Last edited by mmoc3f9c23ccd2; 2013-11-11 at 02:08 AM.

do you happen to know where i'd post it? i didn't see anything for like art suggestions. ive never posted there :x

10+ Year Old Account
    He doesn't have that handsome Squidward face anymore.
    For the Horde!

15+ Year Old Account
    After what they did with worgen females, you really think they give two hoots about anatomy?

But yeah, the way the arm/shoulder bones were sticking out always bugged me... didn't look right.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuchin View Post
    Did you post this on the wow forums? if not, please do it. Blizzard listens to feedback, and this is very good.
    That's just precious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not trying to criticize your work by any means because it does look good, but you're saying it does not look humanoid. The game has walking Cows an dragons so they threw out the realism long time ago. I LOVE what they did I've maind a Undead since day 1 an pretty much all my alts are undead also. Again yours does look good an I love the effort but I still like Blizzards more.

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    After what they did with worgen females, you really think they give two hoots about anatomy?

But yeah, the way the arm/shoulder bones were sticking out always bugged me... didn't look right.
    Oh trust me I know, but I can dream...

Looks good, I like the face. Now after seeing it I really don't like the Blizzard one, now
    The ribs and spine and bones, etc are wow style, yours looks super great.

My brother really wanted the bones in the arms and legs removed, he thinks why in god's name would I get a new pair of pants and a shirt to rip it up and glue them on my wrist and shins?
    Last edited by Derajal; 2013-11-11 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kencandraw View Post
    do you happen to know where i'd post it? i didn't see anything for like art suggestions. ive never posted there :x
    I'd do it on General Discussion. Lots of people look at that forum and when it gets a few pages, it will get noticed. Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Theatre View Post
    That's just precious.
    Well, I spend some time of the forums regularly and we've proposed ideas that have been implemented into the game pretty quickly. I didn't believe it either, until we started the "the Wakener" title thread and a month later, it got added into the game. Or the whole Boss Mida campaign before Cataclysm hit, that was all the players making stuff happen. You just gotta believe 8D
    Last edited by Yakuchin; 2013-11-11 at 02:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry about that small picture at first, I uploaded a bigger one so hopefully it's easier to read. I do hope you get Blizzard's attention with this.