Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - 8 / 10

If you are a graphics whore you won't like it. Even if you aren't you will notice a few problems with them. But this is a SOLID JRPG. The combat starts off slow. You will think it is terrible. But as the game moves on and your party and blade count grows you will be slammed with one of the most complex and amazing systems to play. I really like the story. The game is paced really well. Tons to explore and collect. Tons of skills to build up and learn to use. But it comes to you slowly enough to where you aren't overwhelmed.

If you got a switch and you like JRPGs you got to try this one.

Zelda Breath of the Wild 10/10. First "open world" game that isn't crap.

Zelda Breath of the wild. 3/10 - Overhyped for a "dead" world in a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Can hardly blame a game because you completely suck at it and have no friends to play with :/
    Yeah, even my 6 year old boy was able to jump in, find some guns and whilst he hasn't got a kill yet thats an issue with dexterity. Anyone with any gaming knowledge should be able to not get wrecked after 3 or 4 games.

Fortnite

4/10

It runs really well (over 100 fps set on max), it looks like fun, guns feel good and intuitive but I just can't get over the building aspect which is a core mechanic. It's too much mine craft and too little shooter for my taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the building mechanic is exacerbated on the PC, I play on PS4 and whilst you do see some decent builders the vast majority aren't any good. On PC I see some ridiculous building. I don't think guys like Ninja would be as good on PS4, the accuracy just isn't there. I think for that reason its a bit more fun on PS4.

Ni No Kuni 2 - 9/10

Only things I didn't like about it are the ease of game play, It seriously needs a hard mode added in. The fetch side quests, although the dialogue that comes with them is a pretty nice touch sometimes. And the ending fell a little flat.

Loved the look of the game, a lot of small detail has been put into every corner of the game. Many people have said the plot is too childish, almost as though they hadn't expected to be the case when the protagonist is an 8-ish year old boy. For me, it wasn't an issue for the most part. There was the occasional eye rolling part, but that was about it. Love games that have some kind of town development, especially when it ties into your own progression through the game, so that was another plus. The combat, for what it's worth, is also well rounded in my opinion; they just need to make it harder.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Battlerite. 8/10

Loved their previous game in the series, Bloodline Champions, and the rounds are quick and clean for a skill-driven arena brawler.

Shame more don't give it a chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Ni No Kuni 2 - 9/10

Only things I didn't like about it are the ease of game play, It seriously needs a hard mode added in. The fetch side quests, although the dialogue that comes with them is a pretty nice touch sometimes. And the ending fell a little flat.

Loved the look of the game, a lot of small detail has been put into every corner of the game. Many people have said the plot is too childish, almost as though they hadn't expected to be the case when the protagonist is an 8-ish year old boy. For me, it wasn't an issue for the most part. There was the occasional eye rolling part, but that was about it. Love games that have some kind of town development, especially when it ties into your own progression through the game, so that was another plus. The combat, for what it's worth, is also well rounded in my opinion; they just need to make it harder.
    Is the town stuff decent? I always liked the castle in suikoden. Was tempted by this game but I like darker stories.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Is the town stuff decent? I always liked the castle in suikoden. Was tempted by this game but I like darker stories.
    It's a bit generic in that you can't choose where to place any buildings, that's done for you. It's well thought out and the progression through level 1, 2, 3 and 4 is pretty clear to see. The main things it does for you is helps to enhance your own skills, abilities and equipment through the game. Other than that, you recruit citizens to join your kingdom and they offer you quests to help fill it out further. Overall I liked how it was done quite a lot, I haven't played Suikoden to be able to compare though.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Vermintide 2, 250 hours in and i give it a 8/10 best coop game atm but it needs more maps but mod support is comming soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got around to Neir Automata

easy 4/5

complaints.
    the UI/menu system is bad.
    the world switching from 3d to 2d feels off in many areas
    some of the boss fights are meh..... except for my personal favorite
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWeOs7wpu70&t=84s

good things
    everything else
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2018-04-14 at 02:42 PM.

Northgard 7/10

I really enjoyed playing through the campaign on normal, but it is not a very polished game. Bugs everywhere, I got 2 victories without understanding how I actually won (including the very last mission), and overall designed to be played in a very specific way. Very hard game overall and the challenge was definitely fun.. if memorizing tiles, learning and restarting maps can be considered fun in RTS games. The game itself pushes you to abuse the AI and sometimes even tank your economy. The harder difficulties are cheese or go home, not my cup of tea.

Good game though. Lots of potential there that will probably never be realized. My understanding is that it was in early access for years so I doubt much will change at this point. I will for sure play the next campaign though when it comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Murasaki - Its like touhou but somehow more bullshit - easy 8/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Zelda Breath of the wild. 3/10 - Overhyped for a "dead" world in a game.
    Hype refers to the build up before something has a chance to deliver. The games near flawless world-wide reception since it's delivery literally means that the hype was deserved. At this point you just have to realize you're the odd man out, which is fine, but let's not pretend the hype itself wasn't deserved.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Horizon: Zero Dawn - 7/10

Liked everything except for the open world bullshit.

Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (3DS Version) 10/10.

Loved everything about the original N64 release and the 3DS Remake just makes it even better.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

5+ Year Old Account
    Torchlight 2

Very good Diablo clone. Time to say bye to D2.

4.0/5.0

Edit - Oh out of 10? Then 8.0/10

Game: Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
    Genre: RPG, Dungeon Crawler
    Platform: Nintendo 3DS
    Developer: Atlus

Etrian Odyssey in general: As far as role-playing elements, the games present you with blank slates for characters. I consider backstories for my characters like I would for a D&D session. The cycle of gameplay flows from prep time in town to labyrinth exploration to boss fights and back again without being interrupted by forced story segments or tedious grinding. I'd say about half my time with this game was spent planning and half of it was in fights. Basically, it's a series that respects your time and does not hold your hand.

V's successes: The return to simplistic class design without extra skills from subclassing or grimoires is fantastic. In EOV, it is rightfully difficult to build a team without feeling like something is missing. To me it seemed like the bosses' abilities were designed fairly around any number of party compositions. I was walled by several bosses for days at a time, but I eventually made it to the credits after taking the time to optimize my party's skills.

V's shortfalls: This game was developed by Atlus simultaneously to Persona 5 and it shows. The small but flavorful story segments fall off in the late game hard. Also, the number of boss fights is much less than previous titles in the series.

Overall Rating: 8.5/10
    Last edited by Barrowmore; 2018-04-17 at 08:31 PM.