Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai: 9.2/10

The last thing I finished playing/reading, and damn, what an experience. It peaked higher than Umineko for me overall, but the Umineko OST is so god-tier that I can forgive any & all of its shortcomings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghosts of Tsushima - 9/10

Honestly I think this might be the most beautiful game that I've ever played. Graphically it definitely isn't the best the generation has to offer, but in terms of style, use of color, the particle effects of the wind and leaves, and lighting this game is on a whole other level. The combat had a nice level of challenge to it as well as variety.

It does have a pretty basic open world structure but I found that the game has surprising restraint in forcing you into doing too much of it. I never felt too bogged down in the open world monotony and was able to break it up with the main story as well as the side quests. I think they also did a very good job of distinguishing which side quests would tie into the main story and give you more insight into the main cast versus the side quests that were actually just side content. The Tales quests and the Mythic Tales were enjoyable and cinematic and some of the basic side quests were good as well.

The story itself I think overall was quite good. It did have some moments that were kinda flat, but it kept me hooked with it's amazing presentation. And that last quest... man. Pure poetry.

I've been a fan of Sucker Punch since their Sly Cooper days and they were historically very humorous and light hearted. This game is definitely not that, but I think they did a great job overall. Somehow it feels like a very fitting way to send off this generation.

I started playing Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2 in the last few weeks.
    1 is a solid 9/10. Bit long at points but amazing overall with a captivating story and stellar voice acting
    2 is a 8/10. Not that convinced by the whole ship stuff also i find the factions are a bit confusing. But overall a great game with a great story.

And yesterday i played Mass Effect 3 again. That is a 10/10 for me all the way. Ending while disapointing was not as bad as people make it out to be and the game overall was just simply perfection for me.

ArchAge- I play it with the wife a little. I guess a 6/10 That cause I get to play with her otherwise I'd be lower.

Surviving Mars 9/10 there only downside is that some of the buildings are locked behind a certain sponsor and I think they should all be researchable. Maybe I'll mod it

Town of Salem when I started a 9/10 for the random stupids that play. Now it's getting towards 6/10 too many stupids, bad user names, etc.

Htiman, oh my the game is amazing. The way even random people react to what you do so you have to pay attention. So many cool ways to get your targets down.

I would give 8/10 becasue I wish there were more levels and game is quite expensive because it was serialized release and I wouldn't bought it if it wasn't on sale on steam.

Last of Us Part 2 - 10/10

Just finished it. There was absolutely parts I hated or disliked about the game. However the story is incredible and getting the two sides to the story made it even better imo. However, what was done well was done so well that it far outweighs the stuff I didn't like or hated. I know this is an unpopular opinion for this game...but this game struck a cord that the first failed to strike to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition (PC): 0/10

Avoid the pc port for now like the plague until they release a patch that fixes everything. It is simply unplayable on most pc's as of now. Very low framerare, extreme pop ins, corruptible shader cache meaning textures simply don't load, ram usage up the wazoo, extremely jagged textures, 0 fps during cutscenes, resolution issues, character models look worse than in the first Half Life game, I can go on for hours. I'm trying a few things like deleting and reloading the DX12 shader cache etc, I'll change my score if I see an improvement. But for now, AVOID.

What a shame, this could have been amazing on PC.

Edit: OK after some testing, I've managed to make it semi playable so far after a lot of restarts. I deleted my shader cache in the game folder, selected the highest graphical preset in the game and restarted the game. The textures seem to load now. Will see for how long this works.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2020-08-09 at 10:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Banner Saga - 7.5/10

I enjoyed the story and characters quite a bit. The choice based gameplay and how resource management plays into it was really compelling. The combat was also decent, but I had an issue with the map design. Most of the maps are very flat which results in very little strategy. The environments were also very samey, but apparently it gets better in future installments.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Prey 2017: 8/10
    I played it, too, 2 weeks ago. One thing i really disliked was the first time you can use typhoon mods they make a big fuzz about that when you use them you will lose your humanity and the station will turn against you and everything, so i decided to play without them.
    That made the game a lot harder since many of the later enemies are all but immune to regular guns and quite a lot of the puzzles seemed to be designed with psychic powers in mind. And all turrets are perma-destroyed from the middle on anyways.
    And my reward for all of this was not even a different ending but just one single line in list of your accomplishments "She didn't even use typhoon mods. Remarkable".
    That really soured the game for me, i guess it's much more fun with psi and i can only recommend to play with typhoon mods.

DCS, very fun, 8.5/10

Ooblets. 9/10

I love it. But I'll probably get sick of it and rate it a 5 at some point. Till then, weeee!

Half-Life: Alyx. 10/10.
    This is in my opinion a video game that every one, gamer or not, needs to at least try once in their life. This gets me very excited to see if other IPs will follow Valve's lead in making great VR AAA games. FPS games have stagnated for a while, the only changes we see are limited to how they can put a twist on the Battle Royal idea. Alyx puts the whole concept back on a brand new track. I was mind blown.

20XX, pretty awesome game if you love megaman x, only caveat is it is a roguelite which means many, many runs until you win but it is really fun and co-op.

8/10

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I started playing Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2 in the last few weeks.
    1 is a solid 9/10. Bit long at points but amazing overall with a captivating story and stellar voice acting
    2 is a 8/10. Not that convinced by the whole ship stuff also i find the factions are a bit confusing. But overall a great game with a great story.

And yesterday i played Mass Effect 3 again. That is a 10/10 for me all the way. Ending while disapointing was not as bad as people make it out to be and the game overall was just simply perfection for me.
    Ahhh I miss Mass Effect. The weird thing is that I downloaded Andromeda to play, started playing it and the graphics felt inferior compared to 3? The gameplay was also weird. SOMETHING was off with it and I can't pinpoint what, beyond just how worse it looked.

10+ Year Old Account
    5D Chess With Multiverse Time Travel [8/10]

A fun spin on a classic. The game allows you to send pieces into the past to create multiple timelines so near the end of the game you're playing 15+ simultaneous games of chess that are all interconnected. To make matters more ridiculous, pieces can move/check across dimensions leading to scenarios where you can win by sending your bishop to the past to prevent your opponent in taking your queen, who then creates an opening for your knight to checkmate your opponent 2 timelines over.

The main downside to the game would be the lack of tutorial; you pretty much have to learn how to play via trial and error with the CPU.

Total War: Warhammer 2 10/10

So much DLC, so many factions, so many Legendary Lords, so many different ways to play what is essentially the same campaign be it Vortex or Mortal Empires.

All this and all rolled up into one of the greatest fanatsy universes ever (imo).
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

Quote Originally Posted by CarlingBlackLabel View Post
    Total War: Warhammer 2 10/10

So much DLC, so many factions, so many Legendary Lords, so many different ways to play what is essentially the same campaign be it Vortex or Mortal Empires.

All this and all rolled up into one of the greatest fanatsy universes ever (imo).
    I agree it's easily a 10/10 game and we still have part 3 to look forward to making the huge game even bigger.

Plus they said they will rework sieges for part 3 and that's the only thing i could think off that needs fixing.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Horizon: Zero Dawn (PC) : 9/10 for the game, 5/10 for the port.

Got this one for my birthday, so despite news of the shitty port I gave it a bash of course. Good news is, on my end the port hasn't been awful. I had no crashes, and no significant bugs or visual glitches once I installed Nvidia's latest drivers, after more than 12 hours of play time. Bad news is, performance is ass. My rig isn't the best by any means but I can run the vast majority of games at a steady 60 FPS @ 1080p. This one? Steady 40, maybe, and it stutters all over the place, especially when entering a foliage heavy area, and that's with most settings on Medium, the equivalent of the game on PS4 which has vastly inferior hardware. This is not acceptable, and besides me not having bugs doesn't mean those experienced by loads of others don't exist.

The game itself, however, is friggin great. Production values are sky-high except for the bad facial animations that stick out like a sore thumb. Aloy is a good protagonist, especially thanks to her sometimes funny lack of social graces. All the open world tropes are present but well executed; the radio towers are giant robot giraffes that you gotta climb from a few vantage points, the crafting is simple, health system is well thought out, exploration rewarded by interesting locales, collectibles easily marked on your map and in no way essential, and discovering new enemies is always cool because they're huge killer robot dinosaurs. Only complaint there is the side-quests, which aren't always the most inspiring or well written. The main plot is by the numbers so far, but I like the mystery that permeates the events before the apocalypse.

What makes this game shine is the combat and enemy design. Man, but fighting the machines never gets old, and rarely have I seen a game make a more effective use of a diverse enemy roster and player tools to combat them. Big sabertooth tiger or bull charging towards you? Get the tripwires out, stun it and riddle with arrows. Crocodiles makes smiles at you? Get it out of the water and kill with fire. Annoying ass birds? You could ineffectually fire normal arrows at them... or bust out a Tearblast arrow and target center mass to deal massive damage, freeze them and ground them so you can pleasurably spear them in their silly bird faces. I even faced some machines that I ran away scared from, like a massive bipedal mofo with the firepower of a tank division or a giant bird that shot lightning and two-shot me before I bought a lightning resist outfit and extracted bloody vengeance.

Fighting the machines felt so, so much more organic and fun than fighting the inflated health bars of other open world games like AC: Odyssey. I love a AAA game that feels it rewards patience and smart thinking instead of having big stats and dodge rolling a lot.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I agree it's easily a 10/10 game and we still have part 3 to look forward to making the huge game even bigger.

Plus they said they will rework sieges for part 3 and that's the only thing i could think off that needs fixing.
    The sieges are also why it's not actually a 10/10.
    The AI is horrible on those and they are very boring, when they should be the most fun battles throughout a campain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lor_Azut View Post
    Gta v - 11/10
    A few months after release yeah probably.