Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    AC Origins

6/10?
    I thought I would love the Egyptian aesthetic, but the main character is simply stupid, side quests and story are meh (i'm lvl 35 now), you don't change your appearance unless you buy another outfit and I feel like I'm running from 1 point to other to finish the quest asaps.
    Idk., at lvl 35 I feel like there is lack of progression, no enemies are difficult for me. Not even the big red guys (phylakites?).
    I will finish it, then go AC odyssey, and then I wanna play Valhalla when it comes out, but if Valhalla is just re-skin of origins/odyssey then I'm afraid it will be boring after 15h
    Playing that too at the moment and i'm roughly the same level as you.
    My problem with the story is that the main character has no motivation to do all of that. A few guys killed his son so he hunts and kills them all. Ok. But then he just kills more and more guy for Cleopatra, who treats him like an ass, for no reason. He has no stakes in all of that. Cleo wants to be Pharaoh again but why should Bayek care?
    Assasins Creed games are usually not big on the story but here it seems particular weak since you don't even have that Assassins vs Templars thing as a backup.

Gameplay is good (i like it easy ) but i don't like that you can't capture the camps, you can just kill the commanders but they respawn, you just get a checkmark. I really liked that in the previous AC games you part by part conquered the whole city/country. You don't have that here.

The setting is really cool though, i would have even liked it set earlier during the high times of ancient egypt.

I'd give it a 6 or 7 out of 10.
    Last edited by Yriel; 2020-10-23 at 08:05 AM.

Baldurs Gate 3: 3/10

Absolutly nothing to do with Baldur's Gate. Turnbased is so slow and boring. Companions are unlikeable in every way. Maybe good D&D adaption. But don't call it Baldurs gate 3!!!! then if it has nothing to do with the original. Spiritual Successor my ass. Disprespected everything about the original. From artstyle to gameplay.

Crusader Kings 3: 10/10

One of the best games i played in years. So good. So much fun... incredible game

The Outer Worlds: loading screens/10

Fairly decent RPG with some good writing and voice acting, but god damn those 45 second loading screens on PS4 were a killer. Enter/leave ship: 45 seconds. Fast travel: 45 seconds. Enter/leave settlement: 45 seconds. I will never play this game on console again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    But then he just kills more and more guy for Cleopatra, who treats him like an ass, for no reason. He has no stakes in all of that. Cleo wants to be Pharaoh again but why should Bayek care?
    Aya served her and he trusted Aya's judgement, nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    That's literally "no reason". Their child died and aya went to kiss cleopatra's ass while Bayek was the only one avenging his son.
    Then he is helping cleopatra, because she is convenient for the story.
    Meh

Doom Eternal Ancient gods DLC ! well take a fucking guess how i wiill rate it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    That's literally "no reason". Their child died and aya went to kiss cleopatra's ass while Bayek was the only one avenging his son.
    Then he is helping cleopatra, because she is convenient for the story.
    Meh
    Pharaoh's advisor (who was de facto ruler of Egypt instead of Cleopatra's brother) was in Order, so Aya just took another path to taking vengeance. Cleopatra also knew the targets Bayek needed to take out, when he started, he had no idea what he was up against.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Doom Eternal's Ancient Gods DLC, part one - 8/10

Doom Eternal was amazing, and moar of it is always welcome. Overall a quite good DLC, with 3 massive levels offering more of the non-stop demon slaughtering I love so much. That said, I do have a few issues with it; some of the difficulty is kind of bullshit (like the Spirit foes that buff an enemy into ridiculousness and makes them immune to any and all CC), the second level has just too many annoying environmental hazards, and the music just isn't anywhere near as good as Mick Gordon's work. I did like the lore, and the final cutscene is great even if it's such a massive tease for Part Two.

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War III - 6/10

Oooh boy. I actually bought this back in the days and had it refunded presto when I saw what it was. Saw it for literally less than five dollars recently and thought why not. And yeah, at that price it's good enough I suppose, but this is still nowhere near as good as the first two. Animations are all over the place from amazing (the Wraithknights especially) to poor (Dreadnaughts for instance) to WTF (Gabriel Angelos doing backflips in Terminator armor...). In motion the battles look quite good but quickly become such an undistinctive mosh pit that I struggle to understand what is even going on. Which is not helped by the cramped level design and lack of any real cover mechanic. On top of all that, hero units feel overpowered to me, and the campaign is supremely uninspired. Performance is decent, most of the bugs seem to have been squashed and the models in isolation often look good, but the game just too much of a lack of quality for it not to be very, very noticeable.

Still, there's fun to be had, and again for 5$ there's no reason to at least try. But it still left me disappointed, especially when I think back to how much I loved the second game.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trails of Cold Steel 1: 8/10 - Trails of Cold Steel 2: 9/10 - Trails of Cold Steel 3: 9.5/10

Picked up ToCS1 completely randomly due to a severe dry spell of new games + Shadowlands delayed. Was on the fence about it for a long time since it seemed kinda low budget from trailers. Well colour me surprised!!! The graphics definitely arent on the level of Final Fantasy etc, but they're good enough. The story and characters however.. Whoweeee... Probably some of the best I've ever seen in a game. If you like JRPG's of course, otherwise you'd probably find them a bit silly. I bought the 2nd and 3rd game seconds after i finished the first, and the enjoyment only ramped up as I went along. ToCS3 have a massive graphics upgrade (We're talking PS2 graphics -> PS4 graphics), making it quite a lot more enjoyable. The games needs to be played in succession. You cant start the 3rd without playing 1 and 2 since it's the same protagonist and characters and you will be extremely confused. This jumped from "never heard about" directly into my top 10, or maybe even top 5 of games ever played (and there's been a lot).
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

Poly Bridge: 7/10
    Really nice puzzle game, in which you have to build bridges to bring vehicles from A to B. Simple principle and nothing really new, but well done. There is a large number of different maps available, with many possible different approaches for each. Definitely worth the price.
    There is however a huge downside. The physics are not (completely) deterministic. There is an uncertainty of 1-2 percent of the stress on different parts of the bridge. As everything below 100% means the bridge stands and doesn't break or degrade, and everything above means it breaks, this can lead to completely different results of the exact same bridge in multiple tries. I havent seen a map yet, where this would be a major issue in practice, because you can almost always improve on the design and stability. Still, this is really weird for a physics puzzle game, and I have no idea why they implemented something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Cleopatra : "Ah Bayek, you have killed the <random animal name> for me. The next man i want you to kill is called the <random animal name>."
    Bayek: "Why? I have no quarrel with him. I'm just a constable of a small village in the desert."
    Cleopatra : "Because your wife works for me. Thats why."

Thats basically the story of Origins as far as i have played.

- - - Updated - - -

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw: 1/10

In general, i love space action sims. I grew up with Wing Commander, Privateer, Freelancer etc.
    So i was interested in Rebel Galaxy Outlaw. But man oh man, this game sucks.

The general game systems are bad. A big motivation in these games is getting better ships and better equipment. Here, everything is available to buy in the first station, right from the start of the game. And the game more or less expects you to grind boring random missions to upgrade because of it's spikey difficulty and random shit. You can't really do much with the first ships. Even with the best ship and and all equipement on level 3 out of 4 i still had early story missions that were impossible. So i grinded until i had the best of everything before i could really play the "story".
    Oh most ships are really ugly (at least for me) and have a cockpit that covers from half to two thirds of your screen.

Combat is a mixture of too easy and too hard. The game has an autopursuit button (left trigger) and an autoshoot button (right trigger) that even shoots automatically at the moving target indicator. So combat is: - target nearest enemy ship - press left trigger - press right trigger until boom - repeat. You don't have to move the sticks at all.
    But, the game throws so many enemies at you and they all spam so many missiles that you can die really quick. You can't really do anything against that, the best ecm fires every 4 sec and has a 75% chance of catching one missile. Doesn't help if 10 ships spam missiles at you. You just have to have the shields and armor to take them.
    The mission variety is really small. Kill everything, kill everything and scan an object, kill everything and locate an object or kill all mines. 95% of the missions are just kill everything. No surprises, no aliens, no scary unknown ships, no stealth, nothing.
    And they force you to travel sooo much. I'd say 60% of the game is just going from one side of the galaxy to the next. And traveling is sooo boring and takes quite long.

The story is barely existing and stops in the middle. I had to google that i finished the game because i was wondering why i didn't get any more missions. There is nothing at stake, no surprises, no threat, nothing. Not even a memorable final mission. It's one of the worst stories i ever saw in a video game.
    You can also buy and build up a space station in the game but even that stops in the middle before you can put all commodities in the station.
    I don't know if they want to sell DLCs or something, everything just stops in the middle.

The soundtrack is really awesome, though.
    Last edited by Yriel; 2020-10-26 at 02:37 PM.

Wasteland 3 - 8/10

Vacation week so I got on Gamepass and saw that this little thing was on it. Pleasantly surprised thus far. The second one was fairly decent but absolutely plagued with stupid shit only there to be old school, this one streamlines in the right ways from what I've seen and I've barely save scummed at all so far. The story setup is also pretty intriguing even if the characters as a whole do tend to take a dive towards the unlikeable at some point or another. Combat's pretty fun if somewhat swingy in terms of difficulty between fights. All in all it scratches the RPG itch I had quite well.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crash 3: Warped - 7.5/10

I dunno why but the game felt very short compared to the other two. It kinda bothered me that each dimension had a theme, but the levels themselves just had themes that didn't match the dimension at all. As for the gimmick levels, the races were pretty cool, but the rest were either too easy to the controls were frustrating. Better than Crash 1, worse than Crash 2 imo.

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    A Plague Tale: Innocence - 9/10

Short and very good story-driven stealth game set under the Dark Ages during The Black Plague. You're tasked with sneaking and protecting your little brother, who is the heir to the estate, from the Inquisition and to keep him safe from the plague and its spreaders. Really tense and atmospheric, sometimes nightmarish. Amazing graphics. It feature rats that devour literally any living thing that step out of the light, which you can use to your advantage. The story is kind of simplistic but it is told in such an amazing manner, that it doesn't really matter. You get upgrades and some really cool late game powers by the end. Pretty short as well, me using around 8 hours to complete the main story, which is pretty nice if you're like me and don't always have a lot of time available to invest into a single-player game.

To conclude: Amazingly horrific atmosphere, incredible graphics for a game that is not AAA, tense gameplay and a great story.

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - 9.5/10

Bought this in a whim with my friend when it was on sale a few months ago. An incredible Left 4 Dead-style Co-op game set in the Warhammer Fantasy universe. Instead of zombies you kill thousands of the rat-like Skaven and Chaos-corrupted humans. A lot of varied missions, different classes to play and level up, items to equip and amazing banter between the characters make this game one of the best multiplayer experiences I have had in a long time. The voice acting in this game is probably one of the best I have heard in ages and the banter between the different characters can be utterly hilarious at times.

I can not state how much fun it is to play this game with friends. It is currently on sale on Steam with 75% off, so I highly recommended getting it if you want a game where you can mess around with your friends and have a great time.

edit: just realized both these games feature rats extensively.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Better than Crash 1, worse than Crash 2 imo.
    Yeah, Crash 2 is definitely the best one.
    - Dare not to sleep -

Ghostrunner. Haven't finished it yet, but so far it's a solid 8/10. The game looks amazing, plays smooth as butter, the aesthethics are right up my alley, the voice acting is a lot better than i thought it would be, and the gameplay is simple but engaging.

Nexomon Extinction:
    9.5/10

Such an amazing take to monster collecting games. The story was so juicy in comparison to all the cheesy dialogues of Pokémon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Super Mario Galaxy 2: 9/10

More fun than the first one, albeit it bringing less to the table as far as original ideas go. A marvelous platformer and an incredible Mario game.

Enter the Gungeon: 8/10 so far and may go higher over time. Had lost the cartridge and found it looking for my passport. I feel I’ll put bindings of issac hours into this one.

yu-no a girl who chants love at the bound of this world - 1/10

Saw heaps of good reviews about this game but I'm personally finding it super tedious. It's a visual novel so I fully expect it to be text heavy but most of the dialogue is just boring crap to the point I find myself skipping past it.

I really like the fact that it has alot of interaction and isn't pretty much straight reading like Steins gate.

I'm gonna persist with it and hopes it gets better but I don't have high hopes

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Superliminal. 8/10.

Liked the message. Loved the gameplay, even though it was a bit on the easy (and quick) side. You can beat it in one sitting.