A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Among Us- 9/10

I don't usually go with fad games, and this one is definitely all the rage now. But it is a heck of a lot of fun. It is $4, it takes up 250mb, it runs on a Pentium 4 if you still have one, and it is some of the most fun I have had in a multiplayer game for a decade. One of those games which is basically a thin shell over a social interaction, it works more like a board game then a video game.

Manipulating people is just so much fun. My favorite play so far is as an impostor I befriended a crewman, kept vouching for his innocence, and so he trusted me too. Together we kept voting off innocents until I won. He did feel pretty used in the post game, but he was a good sport about it. Just making up brazen lies when you get caught is good too. The only reason it isn't a 10/10 is because I doubt it has any staying power. People will be bored of it in a month or two, but go have fun while it is the rage!
    "We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine." DJT- Jan 22, 2020
    "And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done." DJT- Feb 26, 2020
    “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” DJT- Feb 27, 2020

Genshin Impact: 8/10

For a mobile game this thing is fucking incredible. If not for the obvious mobile game trappings that stare you in the face (the gear upgrade system and everything around it) you couldn't have told me that this was something that can run on a phone or tablet. I'm not even knocking mobile games because I play a ton of them but just the pure scale and scope of this game is impressive for what it is. I have only spent about 10 hours with it so far so I can't speak to what it will look like later but my first impressions are very solid.

Middle Earth: Shadow of War - 8/10

Got this on the cheap and it's rid of all the microtransaction bullshit that plagued it on release. Pretty good game, if a bit too similar to the previous entry and fairly heavy on the downtime between missions if you want to take down fortresses. But happily said fortress battles are very, very fun and cinematic. The random Orcs are often pretty run of the mill, but sometimes the RNG creates a fun, goofy or badass character that is great to fight and/or have on your side. Performance is also great, never dipping below 80 FPS on Ultra 1080p on my mediocre rig. Some other open world games released in 2017 and ported to PC should take notes (looking at you Horizon Zero Dawn).

Also, while I'm not the greatest of Tolkien purists, anyone who thought the first game or even the movies took liberties with the source material may suffer an aneurysm playing this. Shelob the hungry giant spider-thingy being turned into a sexy wizard lazy who wants to save the world is only the very tip of the iceberg of the nonsense on display here. As I said, I don't mind that much and still had a fun time because Talion and Celebrimbor work really well as a duo, but still found some of the decisions taken here unnecessary deviations for no other reason than "because video game".
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

death stranding 8/10

you're norman reedus, delivery man extraordinaire, traversing a picturesque post-apocalyptic america with a fetus-in-a-jar strapped to yourself, occasionally lobbing shit grenades at tar dolphins to the soundtrack of bands like low roar

Kingdom come was an incredible game, really a shame that it was plagued by bugs for so long. Both my friend and I played it and got completely screwed, my save file got obliterated and would randomply put me at random spots that I had already played through, as well as sometimes just outright kill me when I logged in. My buddy had some weird bug where anytime he logged in, his character would just float away, forever. After putting so many hours into the game I couldn't bring myself to replay it up to that point, however, the time that I spent playing was amazing. Great story and really interesting and fun gameplay. would definitely recommend.

HS Battlegrounds 9/10

The new elementals are very fun. But some of the new "heroes" are simply broken, like Ragnaros. I have never seen him losing. But I assume a board full of poison might be a good counter. Same goes for Illucia. Both very imbalanced, and I think there's nerfs coming soon.

But what annoys me is that Bob keeps telling me to unlock perks, but the perks button does nothing. I assume it could be related to shop and arena also being closed for many months now.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Far Cry 5 - 5/10

The story is alright. I get it's retelling a religious tale and according to Ubisoft, there were hints from the outside world that there was trouble brewing, but how that would be possible considering all radio from the outside was supposed to be cutoff and there was literally nothing that would have told you that otherwise. Getting kidnapped every 1/3 of an area you completed was fucking retarded. In the middle of a stronghold? Kidnapped. On a mountaintop far away from anything? Kidnapped.

The combat was good when you were in it. Didn't have much of a problem with it.

Music was meh. Had some classics but you weren't really hearing much at all.

They should've done more with the perks. Gun upgrades consisted of "paint job, scope, silencer" and multiple guns were just sidegrades. Disappointing.

I REALLY hated the fact that everyone and everything could magically see you. They turned that awareness shit crank up to 11, even with any stealth upgrade.

I hope 6 is better.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

The Witcher 3, 9/10

Love the aesthetic, writing, characters, music, how the world is affected by your choices etc. Blood and Wine is the perfect expansion pack, perfect way to end the journey that is Witcher 3 (though I do think you should've been allowed to punch the religious zealots preaching in the tournament grounds; easily some of the most annoying characters in the game).

Combat is merely okay, too easy even on the second hardest difficulty I played the game with; it only felt like picking up when I got to the DLCs, found it quite enjoyable that way. Perhaps I should've just nocked it up to the hardest difficulty, but guess I always anticipated it to pick up as it is when I got to a new area.

Worst part of the game is the incessant traveling at high speed on horseback. The world is vast, which isn't good when it's just riding between hotspots. I mean, yeah, that's how open world usually is, but the trick is to hide it from the player. In Witcher 3 I noticed it right away and got really tired of it before even leaving Velen. Like said the writing of the quests is exceptional, but mechanically they are mostly just Geralt following mission markers or trails of tracks/scent, then fighting a thing at the end. These are transitions between actually engaging content that should've been made better. Adding to this most people you meet are just part of the scenery, repeating one-liners as you pass them by and nothing else, not even having names. Combined it makes the world, as visually grand and dynamic as it is, feel like a set. If you stop and just walk around, taking it all in, you may feel the surroundings are an actual place, but this sense isn't served to you through designed gameplay, you have to look for it yourself. To describe it even further, it feels like they took Witcher 2 and filled the gaps between Acts with useless space you have to ride through. Roach can also be awful to control, especially through a forest or by a coastline, though I like how the devs gave a nod to it in a DLC quest. I think I find it more jarring than usual because Witcher 3 is otherwise so exceptionally well-made.

I hope Project Red learned this for Cyberpunk and Night City will be more about journeying around than running between hotspots.

I won't take points away from the game for this, but is has to be mentioned: Witcher 3 is poorly optimized for PS4. It's very rare for games to crash on the system at least by my experience, but this one did so constantly, at least once per session. Likewise managing inventory and other menus was sluggish af.
    Last edited by Zuben; 2020-10-07 at 02:49 PM.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Metroid Prime 2 Echoes: 9/10

A sequel that has to follow up one of the greatest games ever made is not an easy task, but it's done so rather well. It even improves on certain aspects. Boss fights and weapons are just better designed for example. It kinda loses its freshness on everything else though, but overall it is still an exceptional game. The difficulty is also a welcome change but it was overdone on certain setpieces like the Spider or Boost guardian. I'm not a novice on hard games, but these bosses gave me a hard time honestly. I wasn't that fond of the parallel world aspect, it made me traverse the same rooms way too often. Some places are incredibly well designed while others are very bland and not very memorable. Overall though an excellent sequel and worth your time.

I really wanna play the third installment but I need to find a decent Wii motion control scheme for my PS4 controller, I can't get past the parts where you have to grapple things no matter what I do.

Super Mario Galaxy: 9.5/10

I really wanted to give this a perfect score, it's pretty much exceptional in every way, but the fucking fixed camera on many spots really pissed me off. It's not a good idea to change the way you're moving on a fucking ledge as the fixed camera changes place. Also, it's kinda weird you have to finish the game like 4 times to get the right ending. Other than that, this is pretty much peak creative genius from Nintendo's part. Every level has an incredible design choice, the soundtrack is godlike and the game is a joy to behold and get immersed in. Can't wait to play the sequel, which I heard is even better.

Hades 10/10

For the genre and style this game represented it was an absolute beast.
    Every aspect was trully enjoyable.

Outer Wilds 9.5/10

Can't really talk about this game because of how it's designed, but if you're a fan of mystery adventure games, or even slightly interested in them you should definitely play this one.
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

AC Origins

6/10?
    I thought I would love the Egyptian aesthetic, but the main character is simply stupid, side quests and story are meh (i'm lvl 35 now), you don't change your appearance unless you buy another outfit and I feel like I'm running from 1 point to other to finish the quest asaps.
    Idk., at lvl 35 I feel like there is lack of progression, no enemies are difficult for me. Not even the big red guys (phylakites?).
    I will finish it, then go AC odyssey, and then I wanna play Valhalla when it comes out, but if Valhalla is just re-skin of origins/odyssey then I'm afraid it will be boring after 15h

Doom Eternal Ancient gods part 1 DLC 9/10

Basically just more doom eternal, the difficulty curve simply continues upwards from where the base game left off, took some time to get back into it after not having played since launch. Only downside is there is no power progression for yourself at all this time around you start maxed out same as at the end of the base game except no crucible.

Baldur's Gate 3 (Early Access) -

I would give it about a 7/10 in it's current state but with the potential to be better once the game is complete.

As with most early access games there are a lot of issues, mostly things like graphical bugs that should be sorted out, but there are several gameplay issues that need to be sorted out as well (like how every battle can be cheesed by throwing a barrel or chest at the enemy). The story is your standard roleplay fare, a bunch of very different characters are forced together on an adventure because of a shared dilemma. Not exactly Shakespeare, but not terrible either. The NPC's in your party are hit or miss personality wise, but it is kind of hard to judge with only the first Chapter available in early access.

It seems the biggest complaints currently are from old time Baldur's Gate 2 fans who's real beef is with 5th edition DnD rules on which the game is based, which they feel are clunky and dumbed down the game, essentially they wanted Baldur's Gate 2.5 with the old 2nd edition rules and real time combat with a pause option instead of turn based. The other big complaint is that it's "Dungeons and Divinity" (IE it borrows too much from the Divinity series and not enough from DnD).
    Last edited by Dervrak; 2020-10-23 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    AC Origins

6/10?
    I thought I would love the Egyptian aesthetic, but the main character is simply stupid, side quests and story are meh (i'm lvl 35 now), you don't change your appearance unless you buy another outfit and I feel like I'm running from 1 point to other to finish the quest asaps.
    Idk., at lvl 35 I feel like there is lack of progression, no enemies are difficult for me. Not even the big red guys (phylakites?).
    I will finish it, then go AC odyssey, and then I wanna play Valhalla when it comes out, but if Valhalla is just re-skin of origins/odyssey then I'm afraid it will be boring after 15h
    Playing that too at the moment and i'm roughly the same level as you.
    My problem with the story is that the main character has no motivation to do all of that. A few guys killed his son so he hunts and kills them all. Ok. But then he just kills more and more guy for Cleopatra, who treats him like an ass, for no reason. He has no stakes in all of that. Cleo wants to be Pharaoh again but why should Bayek care?
    Assasins Creed games are usually not big on the story but here it seems particular weak since you don't even have that Assassins vs Templars thing as a backup.

Gameplay is good (i like it easy ) but i don't like that you can't capture the camps, you can just kill the commanders but they respawn, you just get a checkmark. I really liked that in the previous AC games you part by part conquered the whole city/country. You don't have that here.

The setting is really cool though, i would have even liked it set earlier during the high times of ancient egypt.

I'd give it a 6 or 7 out of 10.
    Last edited by Yriel; 2020-10-23 at 08:05 AM.

Baldurs Gate 3: 3/10

Absolutly nothing to do with Baldur's Gate. Turnbased is so slow and boring. Companions are unlikeable in every way. Maybe good D&D adaption. But don't call it Baldurs gate 3!!!! then if it has nothing to do with the original. Spiritual Successor my ass. Disprespected everything about the original. From artstyle to gameplay.

Crusader Kings 3: 10/10

One of the best games i played in years. So good. So much fun... incredible game

The Outer Worlds: loading screens/10

Fairly decent RPG with some good writing and voice acting, but god damn those 45 second loading screens on PS4 were a killer. Enter/leave ship: 45 seconds. Fast travel: 45 seconds. Enter/leave settlement: 45 seconds. I will never play this game on console again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    But then he just kills more and more guy for Cleopatra, who treats him like an ass, for no reason. He has no stakes in all of that. Cleo wants to be Pharaoh again but why should Bayek care?
    Aya served her and he trusted Aya's judgement, nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Aya served her and he trusted Aya's judgement, nothing more.
    That's literally "no reason". Their child died and aya went to kiss cleopatra's ass while Bayek was the only one avenging his son.
    Then he is helping cleopatra, because she is convenient for the story.
    Meh

Doom Eternal Ancient gods DLC ! well take a fucking guess how i wiill rate it :P