10+ Year Old Account
    FF7 Rebirth: 8/10
    Dragon's Dogma 2: 8/10

FC24 Soccer 8/10
    I am not a soccer fan at all but it looked like fun. I put it on the easiest difficulty and had fun scoring goals easily. I guess all the hardcore fans don't like FC24. I have no idea what they don't like about it. I had a lot of fun with it. I get the itch to play a match once in a while. I am not expert on soccer or soccer games.

Godsworn:8/10 - reminds me of Warcraft 3, I like Warcraft 3. I like Warcraft 3.
    Manor Lords: 7/10 - pretty solid. Love the ideas, but I'm concerned about the size of the project.

WWE 2K24. 10/10 Most fun wrestling game since Smackdown vs. RAW 2006 for PS2. GM Mode is back with ECW as a brand option. You can control up to four brands competing against each other with seasonal drafts, and underhanded ratings tactics. It's so addictive. Over 250 wrestlers and legends usable in GM Mode. Word of advice, get the Wrestlemania edition if you're getting it to play GM Mode, it'll save you a lot of time unlocking legends in Showcase, which IMO sucks.

Tekken 8 PC 8/10
    I have always liked Tekken's fighting game system they way the controls are. A and B button are for punching left or right. X and Y are for kicking left or right. This game is setup the same way. Seems like a fun and good fighting game. Graphics are awesome. I play it with the keyboard which feels good. It is good with an Xbox controller too on my pc. The only thing I hate about tekken is the characters. There is not one character that I want to fight as. I hate their clothes, hair, and anime style. I kind of wish I could have mortal kombats characters with tekken's system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elden Ring: 10/10

Replaying it with a guide to not miss anything to have a save file ready for the DLC was an absolute blast. Even knowing where to go, I spent over a hundred hours having fun and exploring everything again. It's been close to 2 years, so it's a blessing I forgot a few things. I got burned out a bit last time and hesitated to pick this up again, but I'm very glad I did.

What else is there to say other than that this game is the epitome or action RPGs? I might even call it the epitome of modern games. It's not just the mind boggling scale of the game, but also the variety of playstyles, the risk/reward factor of exploring and plunge into the many aspects this game has to offer.

I'm not going to be surprised when most people will be hailing this as the game of the decade in a few years. An astonishing achievement and the crowning jewel of Fromsoftware's STACKED catalogue. The Consecrated Snowfield and the easily missable quests (for a completionist) are the only things that annoyed me, but that is like complaining that a Ferrari has weird looking valves or whatever.

I still probably wouldn't rate it as my favorite Fromsoft game, as Bloodborne and maybe Armored Core 6 would rank higher, but the sheer scope and ambition of Elden Ring is unparalleled.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2024-05-23 at 06:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seablip: 6/10

Some call it a marriage of FTL, Terraria, and Stardew valley. But I would throw a little Sid Meier's Pirates as well.

Great music, fun gameplay, lots of customization options, and fun/stylized graphics.

However, it is in Early Access and a lot of the quests are not yet complete which limits how far you can go with the game. Hence the 6/10 score. It just isn't complete enough to give it the score it would deserve. Once more is added, I could easily place this game as a 8/10.

RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Lies of P: Easy 9.8/10 almost bloodborne level, such a good game to get into, never dull, never boring, rarely frustrating, all the atmosphere, best non-From soulslike over Nioh 2.

In progress: Animal Well - So far it's a 9.8/10 but I'm still early. Game is super unique and puzzles make me feel really clever, easy recommend at twice the price. Best Metroidvania since Dread, I'm thinking. It will likely fall off a bit but right now it is up there with Hollow Knight, sotn, and dread for me.

Most games can't be 10/10 anymore due to Elden Ring and Baldur's Gate 3, so 9.8 is basically a perfect score from me.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2024-05-24 at 04:40 PM.

World of Warcraft: Dragonflight and beyond 8/10

Since i returned couple of months ago and started from new account things were going well. Suprisingly well.
    Game has improved and seems to be going in the right direction, which is delves, story mode, less emphasize on raid or die mentality. I done my first LFR when awakened raids started, and only because cometics.
    I embraced silliness and light hearthness. When started dragon races they were, suprisingly for me, great. Now they are one of the most enjoyable activities in open world and was doing their world quest every reset.
    PANDALAND! remix is also step in the right direction. As was Plunderstorm, but for different audience than me.
    I log in almost every single day for a 3 months now. This is my largest streak since legion.
    Also learned to absolutely ignore community and fandom. Remix showed me that. No matter what blizz do, good or bad, they will scream for MORE. NEVER ENOUGH! Pathetic people really. And learning to ignore their screeching is a positive for me.

But not everything is shiny and rainbows.
    Rogue rework is atrocious, especially outlaw and sub. Spec and even entire class was reworked as strictly group content oriented class. To the silly points that sub struggle in open world with normal mobs without blowing cooldowns
    They do play great when facing boss tho. But they were designed and flat out dont function without 70 lvl in raid, high m+.
    Story is still shit. But at this point i just point and laugh and share memes. This is beyond repair, thanks to everything past legion.
    I have this feeling that they are forced to make better changes (like account wide stuff in TWW) And they scream, they curse, and ion in the corner is holding breath and going purple! Account wide progression must have new stupid name like warband because reason. And only this expansion. Maybe other if you play nice filthy peasant with money!

And Metzen. I dont care about him. He wont change a shit. Just a pr stunt for him and company.

Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord 9 / 10
    Being an old bastage, I played the original Wizardry...but on the NES (not the Apple 2 - I'm not THAT old yet.)
    My rating is a bit biased, as I was a huge fan of the NES release of this game. Even with the text based interface in that NES version, the game was so much fun. It was a grind, sure, and it was a difficult game at the best of times, but I enjoyed it immensely.

The remake/update is a great update to the game. The dungeon wall/ceiling graphics are a nice touch, and the little graphical updates make the game more immersive than the original for sure. All of the extra available information in the interface is amazing, as is the minimap that shows what you've explored already (though it does reset each time you leave a floor). I almost want to get out my graphing paper again to draw out the maps.
    There are a ton of customizations that you can enable/disable, so that you can play the game in its original incarnation or by using any of the QoL changes.
    I've only played a few hours so far but I would highly recommend this to anyone who has played the original games. I'm really hoping that this means they will update/release some more of the Wizardry games, especially on the Switch. That handheld is just so fkn perfect for the old turn-based RPGs.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord 9 / 10
    Being an old bastage, I played the original Wizardry...but on the NES (not the Apple 2 - I'm not THAT old yet.)
    My rating is a bit biased, as I was a huge fan of the NES release of this game. Even with the text based interface in that NES version, the game was so much fun. It was a grind, sure, and it was a difficult game at the best of times, but I enjoyed it immensely.

The remake/update is a great update to the game. The dungeon wall/ceiling graphics are a nice touch, and the little graphical updates make the game more immersive than the original for sure. All of the extra available information in the interface is amazing, as is the minimap that shows what you've explored already (though it does reset each time you leave a floor). I almost want to get out my graphing paper again to draw out the maps.
    There are a ton of customizations that you can enable/disable, so that you can play the game in its original incarnation or by using any of the QoL changes.
    I've only played a few hours so far but I would highly recommend this to anyone who has played the original games. I'm really hoping that this means they will update/release some more of the Wizardry games, especially on the Switch. That handheld is just so fkn perfect for the old turn-based RPGs.
    Holy shit - they've re-released I with some QoL changes?

Thank you for the review, I have no idea.

Wizardry I was my cutting-teeth video game. I use to watch it over my cousin's shoulder on her Apple II and I played it myself when I got my own Apple IIC!! I had 1-5 on Floppies. Hell I remember when my grandmother took me out to the mall computer-game store in order to buy Wizardy V when it was first out, for 50 bucks, for my birthday. (because prices on games really did never change lol).

THEY MAP IT FOR YOU!? I mean even partially, that's so helpful!

I wonder if they kept in my first ever game exploit/cheat =D. Use to be there was a bug early in game that if you just slept at the inn, continuously, every night you got more EXP, ad infinity. I always used that to 'god-mode' my group before setting off. Even then, I hated dying and replaying crap in games. LOL.

I'll get this on my wishlist, thanks for posting!
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Animal Well: 8/10

An extraordinary feat for something so well made by a single person.

The Metroidvania exploration theme is ever present, but it comes with some caveats. The game does not reinvent the wheel, but it is a breath of fresh air, becauses it uses logical puzzles and visual cues to progress deeper and deeper. It kinda reminds me of Outer Wilds in the way it's set up, with different directions requiring different solutions to progress, but the puzzles are unfortunately nowhere near that level of finesse. Most of the Animal Well puzzles are pretty videogame-y, and a huge chunk of them are based on visual examination of each area.

My biggest gripe with the game, as well made as it is, is the requirement of a guide, because you will be hitting your head on a wall at some point because you missed a vital piece of information somewhere on the map. You will inevitably stumble upon a different new area to explore with the newest tool at your disposal, but they will inevitably run out and you will be walking around in circles over and over again trying to look at stuff you may have missed. I hate myself for not using the map marking tools as soon as I got them, that may have saved me hours of backtracking.

Inevitably, you will find the stuff to finish the game, at least for the first endings. But tracking down everything for the true ending? That requires dozens of hours of running around, and you may be unlucky because you missed something. There are secrets upon secrets upon secrets, and many of them are very well hidden. I just dislike the fact that you have to test stuff blindly until you find the solution.

Anyway, the game is really good, if you like puzzles and Metroidvanias, this is pretty much the hottest thing in years. But be prepared to waste hours trying to find things, you will be looking at a guide at some point. Good luck with the bunnies LOL. My biggest tip is to write things down.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2024-05-29 at 09:02 PM.

red dead redemption 2: 3/10 (thus far)

still fairly early in the playthrough, only on chapter two, but i feel pretty confident in deciding this game is terrible.

bog standard jiminy cockthroat (3rd person action/rpg open world follow-the-map quest icon collecting crafting etc etc), but done on a profoundly terrible foundation in terms of gameplay.
    this game has also made me realize i very specifically hate the romanticized version of the US frontier that exists in all US media - from the fake "cowboy" accents everyone uses (fun tip, that accent exists because an actor did it in a western in the 50s out of nowhere and now everyone does it and thinks that's real), to the casual portrayal of crippling alcoholism, the sexism and racism and covering up for US imperialism, it's all just gross and stupid and i hate it.

so i definitely don't like the story, and i get that this is probably just the 'western' version of horizon zero dawn (which is a game i love) but man a lot of this game pisses me off.

Hades: 9/10

This game I will say it is absolutely fantastic, The story/gameplay loop is great, The voice acting is absolutely fantastic and the music is good also that you don't mind listening to it over and over and over again and trust me you will be.

First off on the positives the Story/Gameplay loop is very intriguing and you always find yourself running all over the house of Hades talking to everyone/looking for ways to progress the story or squeeze more lore outta the place, each run is essentially different due to boons and weapon upgrades that change the way the run goes and you do end up with some ridiculously OP builds which is a hell of alot of fun.

Next the voice acting really shocked me with how well it was done and how many different voicelines there are.

The music after 100 hours is good but after that I had to mute because i was stuck on trying to get story triggers to pop in the very first area, Which brings me to my very first big and only negative.

I got it down to the point where I could do the first area in like 3-4 minutes including the first boss, and there were 2 achievements that literally took 10 plus hours just to exhaust all the voicelines of the Gods and get scenes to trigger/spawn in the first area just to get the story progression, This felt soo unnecessarily RNG to me and it was extremely frustrating towards the end to the point im glad its finally over.

All in all I did enjoy the game and I am looking forward to starting Hades 2, learning about the characters in 1 was extremely worth it.

Life Is Strange: True Colours: 5/10

The same cosy feel with a slightly more mature tone. Spoiled by some tedious chapters that screwed with the pacing, plus the story overall felt less impactful than previous games.