civilization III: Conquests

9/10 classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was playing through Bound By Flame until I had an issue with my PSU, not the best voice acting but very nice graphics and sound, combat has a nice feel as well IMO. 7/10 or I'd say, based on what I saw. Mind you it could get better or worse.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Mass Effect 1 4/10

Does not age well. After months of fucking around with EA and origin I finally got it working and now I just want to power through it so I can restart ME2. The ME1 combat is atrocious, luckily the story and writing still hold up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clash of Clans 6/10

Dear God I'm actually playing a mobile game seriously.

My coworkers have been trying to get me to play and join their clan for a while now. I finally gave in, considering I bought a new tablet and all that I thought I'd put to good use. Surprisingly this game is....okay. The core gameplay is fun, mixing together city building, castle defense and offensive raids. Managing my own defenses and creating my own army was satisfying. I built walls, I trained wizards, I leveled up my mortars, I attacked other players....then I reached the higher level buildings and things started to get absolutely stupid.

As I type I am leveling up a gold mine and an elixir collector to level 9. ...And the time remaining is 1 day, 22 hours. Yes, it's going to take 2 days for these things to upgrade. This is where the major cash grab aspect of the game comes into play. You can either wait two days per building or you can buy bags of gems to spend to finish tasks immediately. You also need these gems to create more 'builders', which opens you up to doing more tasks at once.

The amount of money they want is ridiculous. I haven't spent any money, naturally, as I'm not stupid. I did however take a look at their shop. It was disgusting. The cheapest amount you can spend is $4.99 which gives you 500 gems. It costs me more than that to immediately finish one of those mines I mentioned earlier. I have a combined twelve gold mines/elixir collectors. If they were all level 8, and I wanted them to reach level 9, I would have two options. Wait around 4 days per building (a combined 24 days with my two builders) or I can spend over $60 on gems. The choice is obvious to me, I'm going to wait, but I can only imagine how many people get suckered into buying gems.

Anyways, this was just another decent game ruined by a cash shop. I would have preferred to spend $2-$5 on the app itself to avoid all this crap. Free to play games are absolutely terrible on mobile devices.

Deleted
    The Last of us Remastered - 10/10

I'm so glad Naughty Dogs made this remaster so I had a chance to play it. Wow such a good game, with awesome story, and unique ending.
    I would give campaign alone 9/10, but with additional really great DLC Left Behind, and unique and very good multiplayer mode, the whole package deserves 10/10.
    Music, graphics and voiceover performance are all 10/10 really great job there. Enviroments are so detailed, that it almost feel real, I've seen anything like it before.
    Game can be also really hard, I recommend to play it at least on hard. Grounded mode is pure hardcore though, supplies are so rare, no listening mode, no hud, almost everything can kill you with one attack. It's very intense, but ca nalso be very frustrating, but what we do for that trophies :P

I can't stand multiplayer games like CoD or Battlefield, but this brutal 4 vs 4 matches in TLoU are something for my taste. I love the wolfpack feeling, when you sneak up with your teammates for a kill.
    Cool fact that multiplayer works as sort of campaign, with 12 weeks to survive and build your clan (one game representing 1 day), but it's not jsut mindless grinding, you can fail that. Every now and then you are getting a mission (3 days to achieve some goal), if you fail you can lose even 100% of your clan.
    Of course you are getting all sorts of unlocks, perks, weapons, visual customization (really cool stuff), it's really fleshed out well thought multiplayer mode which is strange since nobody was marketing TLoU as multiplayer game.
    Oh, one other cool feature I really like is that your character announce what he's doing when there are other friendlies nearby. Things like, out of ammo, enemy spotted, asking for cover while crafting (yes there's important crafting and upgrade system during matches), asking for help while downed and many many more. That really helps working as a team, without even using a headset.
    Man I really like it, multiplayer alone is 9/10 for me, one point taken because matchmaking can be realy long sometimes, dunno why.

On summary I really recommend buying this game, and I'm not the guy who gives 10/10 left and right. I admit it's not for everybody though, for someone who wants nonstop action for example TLoU could be boring, there's a lot of cutscenes, and scavenging for supplies.

3DS Harvest Moon: A New Beginning 8/10

I finally finished playing this and man it was really addictive once you get past the first three game months! You start off a bit slow on the "wtf do i do now its only like 10am gametime lol" but starting Winter Year 1 and on your able to really spend those hours in game and out. I enjoyed making friends with the npcs, lots of cute mini events all over the place and being able to build and customize the town and farm was really nice. However my most thing to do in game are the Festivals and prepping for them.

I don't really like the online play feature. I spent a lot of time trying it out. It lets you trade items with other plays and 9 times out of 10 I got barn dirt which is a completly useless item that sells for around 10g if I remember right, which is just crap.

3DS Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons & Oracle of Ages 9/10

I just recently saw these two for fairly cheap on the Nintendo eShop so I got them. Man they are a lot of fun. Despite their age they really retain their value, I remember playing them when I was younger though I could remember nothing on how to beat them, lol. These two games really made me think at times the puzzles made me want to punch myself in the face for not being able to figure them out, which happened to be my favorite feature. To often do you find games that require little to no thought process behind your actions, or how to get to X boss and kill them.
    Zelda OoS and OoA aren't overly complex but offered a nice amount of brain teasing that I found to be pretty refreshing at times and at other times left me feeling rather stupid once I managed to figure out something fairly simple that seemed so hard.

3DS Zelda: Ocarina of Time 8.5/10

I never beat this game when it was on the console so I was super excited to get it on the eStore. It was just as fun as I remembered it.. the water palace dungeon when your the adult link was still... SO ANNOYING. Otherwise it was a pleasent experience with all the usual Zelda stuff, including puzzles, though compared to the older games aren't all that hard(still hate you water dungeon). So if your a fan of Zelda and want to save the princess.. again, while riding on a horse and not having to endure being 9 (or whatever his child age is) forever then give this a shot. Its really enjoyable and hard for me to give any good info on it without spoiling the ending or how to accomplish things in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: 10/10

By replaying it after a decade, I realized OoT was the equivalent of discovering the wheel for video games. If you stop and think what this game brought to the table, it just blows your mind. Its interconnected, huge and epic open 3D world with all its unique characters served as a canvas for grand games like Bethesda games (as in the late Elder Scrolls and Fallout games), Dark Souls, World of Warcraft and so many others.

Not a single minute passes while playing it that I'm not blown away even by the most minuscule of details. Throwing bugs into the soft soil to make Skultullas pop out of the ground. Reflecting the sunlight in the Spirit Temple with the Mirror Shield to flip over a switch. Shooting the ghost-like enemies inside the paintings of the Forest Temple with arrows. The illusionary walls of Shadow Temple, as things do not appear as they seem. Using switches to control the water flow in the Water Temple. Shooting the sun to get the fire arrows. Using a fish in a bottle to open Jabu-Jabu's mouth. The day/night cycle. Playing a catchy song to cure Darunia's depression. Using both young and adult Link, to solve puzzles that take place in the future, like planting a bean so that it grows into a big leaf in the future. Listening to a song to navigate through the Lost Woods. Hell, there's even an implementation of a stealth system to get past the Gerudos. I can go on and on. I mean, there's innovation in video games, and then there's this.

The graphics are very pretty for its age, years ahead basically, and you can smooth some rough polygons with a good emulator to make it seem like a 2003 game. The soundtrack is one of the best ever made. The gameplay is one of a kind, using a trigger for targetting was also something that is still the way to go today. It draws you in unlike anything you've ever played.

It doesn't matter if its release date is 1998, 2008, 2018 or 20018, this is a timeless masterpiece that forever shaped the gaming world.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2014-08-11 at 09:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Atelier Totori 9/10 Enjoyed it just wish true end wasnt so hard to get
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    Infamous Second Son - 7/10

it's rather disappointing game, much worse than Infamous 2.

Main problem is lenght of the game, It's really really short, I couldn't believe I finished the game that fast, there was like 6 missions and that was it.
    Basicly no bosses, no plot twists, no hard choices, what left is clearing the Seattle of D.U.P and few extra things, that can be done in a hour.

edit: had to change a score a bit, right now I'm on second playthrough, and I like how the scenes changed after picking different karma,
    also that paper trail dlc (free) is pretty cool. you play a mission in the game, then solve "puzzles" on the web, to unlock next mission.
    Last edited by mmoca01e16f76d; 2014-08-14 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    Infamous Second Son - 6/10

it's rather disappointing game, much worse than Infamous 2.

Main problem is lenght of the game, It's really really short, I couldn't believe I finished the game that fast, there was like 6 missions and that was it.
    Basicly no bosses, no plot twists, no hard choices, what left is clearing the Seattle of D.U.P and few extra things, that can be done in a hour.
    You didn't do everything then, fully unlocking the city takes up a bit of time. It was about 20 hours if you did absolutely everything. Although I feel like it got old pretty quick doing all that.

There will be some sort of spoiler whether big or small in my next bit, on the last of us so if you havent beat it don't read please.

OT: The Last of Us Remastered 9/10 It's not the Masterpiece people claim it to be, but it's not bad either. I don't think the game was a game of the generation either. With that said, it was very strong in terms to what I feel would actually happen emotionally should an outbreak like this truly occur where survival is trusting no one. I think the most disappointing part was the end and how Joel lied to Ellie about what happened at the hospital. I think the thing I liked the most was the game play though. With a generation of guns a blazing shooters, it was nice to have to think strategically how you would take on each encounter. Now I don't think the game was bad I gave it a 9/10, it's just not the best game of last gen to me personally and that is purely subjective. However it is barely trailing behind my personal best game of last gen which is the Mass Effect Trilogy as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Mass Effect 1 4/10

Does not age well. After months of fucking around with EA and origin I finally got it working and now I just want to power through it so I can restart ME2. The ME1 combat is atrocious, luckily the story and writing still hold up.
    The combat is the only thing that doesn't hold up well though which does suck.
    Last edited by Rune322; 2014-08-13 at 03:18 PM.

@rune322, you can put your text between [spoiler.] and [/spoiler.] (without the dots), so it'll go black, and you have to click the text to see it.

Dead Space 2.

9/10

I really love this game, if you like survival horror shooters with great atmosphere and more focus on the horror than the shooting this is the game for you! Seriously though it strikes a great balance between the two aspects and it might just be my favourite survival horror/shooter after metro 2033.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    @rune322, you can put your text between [spoiler.] and [/spoiler.] (without the dots), so it'll go black, and you have to click the text to see it.
    Ah I was always wondering how the hell people did that...Will change it now. Thanks

Deleted
    Lego City: Undercover =D

I really love it, although the loading times are a bit high ... and no multiplayer :-/

Really a great story and some very silly jokes and references you just can't get as kid. Like the Starks&Hutch scene ... great =D
    The driving parts are ok, if you are a die hard racer probably not for you. It is a great kind of mixture between GTA and LEGO, and not only for children

I'd give it 8.5/10
    Last edited by mmoc03605ba4df; 2014-08-13 at 03:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last game I played was... Battlefield 4.

9/10.

I don't have any problems with it, I think it's a good game. Only quarrel I have with it is I thought the single player should have been a bit longer but maybe I'm the only one who bought it for the story and not the multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar: 7/10

A few problems but a really solid MMO. Worth the try.
    Arukas

15+ Year Old Account
    Zelda Skyward Sword: 8/10

Started playing when it came out in 2011 but never realy had the time to finish it because of work and because i didnt like the controls but now i turned my wii on again and started playing it again and i love it tho its slightly better then Windwaker its not better then Twilight princess or Ocarina of time.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: 8/10

Great game to coop with a friend. We just started, and just cleared the Werewolf Den (or whatever it's called). Very enjoyable battle. What brings it down a little though is Katarina, who is unnecessarily annoying, and some minor gameplay issues. It's also a shame that we can't debate on conversation choices. Random chance (like SWTOR) or a mini-game (Divinity:OS) would have been nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Zelda Skyward Sword: 8/10

Started playing when it came out in 2011 but never realy had the time to finish it because of work and because i didnt like the controls but now i turned my wii on again and started playing it again and i love it tho its slightly better then Windwaker its not better then Twilight princess or Ocarina of time.
    In my opinion it's the other way around, Twilight princess felt huge but at the same time was EXTREMELY more linear than what WW had which made it a bit more uncomfy for me (replayed both on january), SS is a really nice game that adds nice combat to the table but Fi made the game annoying, other than that it's a really nice fun zelda game (which is to be expected).

Bravely default 9/10
    -Oh god i loved the music, the overwold bgm is just stuck in my head even after listening to it for countless hours, currently at chapter 3 and i'm just way too upleveled to the current content and that is because i just wanted to joblvl up and forgot to turn off the base exp, the game is extremely customizable and makes the whole experience really enjoyable, you can just rush to a boss without getting any encounters or just level all your jobs like crazy, the game has a repetitive storyline (hell it's final fantasy, 4 crystals go save teh world) but the characters are quite charming (specially ringabel and edea's interactions), the only character that was a bit bland due to it being too "saint" was Agnés, she felt a bit too basic-shy character, edea while being this sort of justice-knight has a nice interaction with the group that goes along quite nicely.
    The combat system is just way too good, I enjoy playing risky most of the time and get punished hard by it !
    The only downside is the "stop" mechanism that's tied to an 8hr clock which made it feel a bit phone-ish.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 on PS4... love Diablo on PC and this has made it feel even better! 9.5/10
    Before that was playing Last of Us... 9/10
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.