Detroit: Become Human 9/10

This game is a must if you want to relax with a good story and enjoy a beautiful, detailed world. The number of choices you're presented with will make you want to replay the game to see what you may have previously missed.
    I'm always on the lookout for story heavy games to chill with. Challenging combat games are a thing of the past for me. These days, I prefer frustration-free entertainment.

Red Dead Redemption 2 (Playstation Pro). 10/10

I am 40% into the third chapter after 50 hours of play. I still am amazed at how they've gotten it all to fit together. I even had a massive MASSIVE shootout in Saint Denis with zero frame drops. I also found myself that white Arabian horse.

Only downside thus far = the limited amount of stable slots. I was hoping it'd be 3 per individual stable (buying more spaces), not just 3 across them all... It'd be more immersive also if horses actually remained where you stabled them rather than just magically being transported between them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloodborne (Game of the year edition): 10/10

Probably the greatest game of the decade. The greatest game in the Fromsoftware lineup for sure. I've always heralded Dark Souls to be their undisputed masterpiece, but that's because I didn't own a ps4. A masterpiece is something that draws you in completely, and I can surely admit, this is a masterpiece.

There are many adoring fans uttering the word "masterpiece" on anything they like a bit more than usual, but this game is objectively that. Now, I know objectivity is not applicable to art, but, no matter how you may experience Bloodborne, there is simply no pretending otherwise.

The game throws you in a Victorian setting, oozing with atmosphere, and tosses in the best adaptation of Lovecraftian horror I've ever experienced in any medium other than the original Lovecraft's works. Moment after moment, the over 40 hours worth of journey you are gonna get is packed with one of richest and most fulfilling gaming experiences available. Make absolutely sure you play the DLC as well, that thing is worth every penny if you didn't get the bundle already. The whole package is on sale anyway.

The gameplay deviates a tiny bit from the Souls formula, rewarding a more aggressive and fast paced playstyle that takes a while to getting used to, but once you learn to focus on your enemies and their tells, you are never letting it go.

I'm not gonna go on and on about how perfect the sound engineering is or how detailed the world is painted, or how incredible the direction is, but if you wanna experience the second coming of Christ in a videogame format, no one, not even me, should spoil it for you, but merely stating to experience it should be shouted from the rooftops.

It's that fucking good.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2019-08-10 at 09:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently working my way through Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I’d give it a solid 8 out of 10. Quality Strategy RPGs along the vein of FF Tactics are always a favorite of mine, and his one scratches that itch. Though the game is very easy.

Next up for me should be Borderlands 3. I have high hopes, Borderlands in my opinion is the best of the looter shooter RPG genre.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Ark: Survival Evolved 10/10

I should have bought this game much sooner. Already have 60+ hours played in less than 2 weeks. Playing single player, and experienced maybe 1% of what the game has to offer. Loving the grind, it's not boring for me in any way. I keep talking about my adventures in the game at work with colleagues, who have zero interest in gaming, but I can't just stop myself. Best game I have ever played.

I really tried to like the Blackout club but its straight up streamerb8, unashamedly so when you look at the devs social media presence. Its like expecting left 4 dead and getting goat simulator. 3/10 would not recommend to anyone.

Resident Evil: Revelations 8/10.

This weekend I played through Apsulov: End of Gods (Norse Sci-fi Horror FPS) and I really enjoyed it, took about 5,5 hours and it managed to entertain me more than Layers of Fear 2.

Would rate around 7/10 since I am really interested in Norse stuff.

Streets of Rogue - 10/10
    Since Binding of Isaac i never had so much fun with a roguelike. It has a lot of classes and every one plays differently with its abilities and big quest. Even though i haven't beaten it yet i find the difficulty perfect, i mostly die because of a mistake and not just because i dodged a bullet wrong.

Revisited Warframe - 4/10
    Sadly they seem to remove everything i liked about the game. It get more and more difficult and group-centric. Well, too bad, seems like i won't spend anymore money there.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Man's sky 8/10, I do love it and anticipating this beyond update.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

3/10

Christ, where do I even start? For every 60 seconds of actual game play, you have 5 minutes worth of cringey, mostly insignificant and often unskippable cut-scenes. Not only is the story and story telling horrible, it's also ferociously determined to stop you from actually playing.

Besides the damn relentless cut-scenes you also have countless situations where you basically lose control of your character and can only guide her on rails at a snail's pace until you reach a predefined position.

It's a shame, because the game looks absolutely stunning, too bad everything else is horrible.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2019-09-24 at 07:24 PM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Alien isolation again went for the one shot achievement beating the game without dying and it was tense as fuck but I made it.

That game is a 9.5/10 and one of the best games I've ever played, by far the best movie to game adaptation. And one of few games I go back to play just because of the atmosphere, sound, top notch grafics and overall look like the movies.

We need a alien isolation 2 and it was very much hinted at the end of the game too.

Game was also made by creative assembly known for the total war series so no experience in horror games before and they still fucking nailed it.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Borderlands 3 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Alien isolation again went for the one shot achievement beating the game without dying and it was tense as fuck but I made it.

That game is a 9.5/10 and one of the best games I've ever played, by far the best movie to game adaptation. And one of few games I go back to play just because of the atmosphere, sound, top notch grafics and overall look like the movies.

We need a alien isolation 2 and it was very much hinted at the end of the game too.

Game was also made by creative assembly known for the total war series so no experience in horror games before and they still fucking nailed it.
    That game is a thing of beauty. If you haven't you should also play the film related extras!
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    That game is a thing of beauty. If you haven't you should also play the film related extras!
    For sure and yeah i played them and loved it a bit short but I enjoyed them a lot.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nioh - 9/10

Pissed me off a lot but I generally really enjoyed it. Looking forward to Nioh 2 and making my own character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Borderlands 3 - a strong 9/10.

Great game, great shooting, great looting, fun quests. Worth the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dead Cells 6/10. Great game and whilst I do like games that reset and with each one you grow this felt too slow, and progress wasn't felt with each run so I just lost motivation to do the same thing again.

Tight controls, great graphics, solid game.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2019-09-25 at 07:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spyro: Reignited Trilogy: 8/10

Big fan of Spyro here, this was pretty good but the unreal engine felt a bit too heavy handed in comparison to the lighter and therefore more charming original games. Still, a decent rendition of one of gaming's greatest platform collectathon trilogies.

Uncharted 4: Thief's End: 9/10

I thought I would hate it, but after finally getting used to controller shooting, I ended up loving it. It felt like a chore at first, as do most story driven linear games if the characters don't really draw you in, but I came around during the middle part. It basically all clicked. The setting, the characters, the shooting, the treasure hunting story, everything. This is without a doubt one of the most polished and detailed video games of all time. There's so much passion thrown into this, Naughtydog deserve all the praise they get. Marvelous game.

After getting burned out on MMORPGs (again) I decided to dig through my older games and see which ones I peaked my interest.

Settled on Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete for PS1. Just getting started, but the old school RPG mechanics are a welcome break.

No rating yet because just getting started. But from what I remember from playing through this game years ago, the game is challenging, long and rewarding.