Beat sabre easily 9/10! Loses a point because of the leap from hard to expert

Pathfinder: Kingmaker. 9/10. Loved it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Replaying Witcher 3, about half way through the game. Played it once through when it was new back in 2015 or thereabouts. 9/10, Would be 10/10, but it's kinda annoying just how often you have to back track and find specific merchants to off load goods onto, lots of garbage side quests that give you like 10 experience points or some other nonsense reward.

Next is Mechwarrior 5, after that I suppose I might be getting close to the end of February which is a good time to wrap up existing games in my log as March/April is gonna be stupid good with the titles coming out.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Risk of Rain 2

8/10

Much fun to be had when playing with friends. Pretty good replay value, with more things to chase now then ever. Some easier than most. Looking forward to the 1.0 release!

Resident Evil 1 Remake - 8/10

What can I say, the game looks like shit and is flawed beyond reproach, nevertheless it's very entertaining and that's the only real reason we play video games, to be entertained, right? I liked it more than the remake of part 2 because it didn't have an annoying tyrant constantly following you around and breaking the oh-so-lovely immersion of exploring scary corners.

Totally worth the 8 euro.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2020-01-08 at 01:25 PM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Star Wars: Fallen Order - 6.5/10

I really really wanted to like this game more than I did. And I think the combat still needs tweaking. the combat relying on parry as a major opener is a good idea in theory, but I feel it was poorly executed in this game. It was just wildly inconsistent. I'd get it when I felt no way I would get it and times I felt I would nail it it didn't register. it was enough to honestly ruin most of the good of the game to me. After beating it I adjusted the difficulty between all of them for about an hour each and even on story mode parrying was insanely unreliable and inconsistent. The ending was epic and I wanted to really explore the worlds but the combat just made it so frustrating that I just moved on with the main story. With that said, I can't wait for the potential gitgud replies....

Rimworld, 9/10

Kinda steep-ish learning curve, took me a few failed colonies to learn all the different things I needed to have or would be wise to have. Super fun and engrossing! I need colonists with hardy mental capabilities because there's nothing worse than my dude with 15 in shooting having a mental break and slaughtering the entire colony. Very, very fun game if you can get past the initial learning curve.

XCOM 2 9/10

The base game is great, the expansion makes it even better. I have 300 hours in this and I'm still having tons of fun trying out new strategies, extracting my ass from dangerous situations and/or cursing the RNG. As far as I'm concerned, this is the single best game in the entire turn-based tactics genre.

Only negative point I have is the DLC, actually. Anarchy's Children is not very good, and while Alien Hunters introduces fun new weapons, the Alien Rulers can feel blatantly unfair to fight, especially the damn Archon King. Shen's Last Gift is a keeper, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. 10/10
    Finally got it on PC, and it's probably one of the only games I've played that when it launched I dropped everything and sunk 100+ hours into it. Loved the base game, and the expansion is well worth it. I'm not even done with the game yet, I still have a lot of stuff to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sick at home for a few days, so I'm planning on replaying all the Zeldas in reverse chronological order, some of which I haven't played in decades. My favorite is A Link to the Past, with Ocarina of Time trailing closely behind it, let's see if my tastes changed.

Breath of the Wild: 10/10

It just feels... wrong to give this anything less than a 10, despite some smallish flaws. Replaying it on an emulator with a proper resolution, frame rate and shaders, on a big TV is just the greatest videogame experience one can have. The scope, ambition and physics system alone are enough to warrant that 10. Some small hiccups with the Korok system, I feel that despite the fact they were designed to be completely optional because the requirement is exponential, they should reward the player more than just bag space. The second flaw for me was the shrine system, they should have created additional variety other than "see orange glow on the horizon, better get there first".

I almost 100%ed it, did pretty much everything but the Korok seeds. So all I have to say is that it boggles the mind how they managed to create a game of this absolutely colossal scope and not fall in the open world sandbox pitfalls. Those other open world games have huge, copy pasted maps with myriads of copy pasted icons of copy pasted stuff to do. Somehow, Nintendo made an open world game that just feels fresh, with a billion ideas of things to do within them. I will never forget the first time I got the paraglider and just went off the plateau, wherever I just felt like it, learning stuff about the game and all its systems in place as I went. No matter its flaws, this game remains as one of the greatest and most ambitious games of the decade, and of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. 10/10
    Finally got it on PC, and it's probably one of the only games I've played that when it launched I dropped everything and sunk 100+ hours into it. Loved the base game, and the expansion is well worth it. I'm not even done with the game yet, I still have a lot of stuff to do.
    Did they already fix terrible performance issues due to anticheat system?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Slay the Spire 7/10 - nice game and a lot of fun for 10$ - but since its a card game, its so much RNG you cant control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Did they already fix terrible performance issues due to anticheat system?
    I didn't have any really big problems with it, but there seems to be a bypass out there on some cheating forums. Like it'll just stop the anti-cheating thing from enabling at all. They're also releasing patches to stop it being such a big problem.

Digimon Cyber Sleuth 5/10.

I started really liking this game, but some stupid design decisions kept pilling up until I couldn't enjoy it anymore.
    1. ABI - The game has a stat called ABI. ABI determines how much bonus stats you can train and is a requirement for mega lvl digimon. And you can only train it by de-leveling and re-leveling your Digimon. Ideally you lvl to lvl 99, then dedigivolve it into its previous form, level to 99 again, then digivolve it again, and so on and so on. It just makes the game an endless grind, only made bearable by how easy it is to exploit the item system, farming for an item that doubles the XP and stacks.
    2. Hard mode balance - Yes hard mode is supposed to be hard, I get it. But this is just stupid. The enemies get so high DEF stats that you need to use 1 out of maybe 8 digimon or you won't make a dent in them before they heal. Without stacking the few digimon that have DEF penetrating attacks, its impossible. You can choose between about 60 mega lvl digimon, but you can only beat this mode if you use a selected few. There is no strategy. Its using those digimon and spamming their DEF penetrating attack in the hopes the enemy is dead before it heals.
    3. Normal mode - the exact opposite of hard mode. So easy its not even fun.
    4. The english translation is atrocious. Half of the time I don't even understand what is being said. It feels like it's translated word for word by Google Translate.

Stardew valley 6/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Replayed Witcher 3 - I'd give it a 9.5/10. Played it through in 2015/2016 (whenever it was new), Just did again after binging the show over Xmas break.

Base game is great, easily 9/10, only knock is that the side quests can be a total waste of time when some of them give you 1-10 XP for completing them, and way too many sunken treasures in Skellige.

Hearts of Stone is the low point of the game, 7/10, I hustled through it the first time, and I meant to take my time this go round, but I ended up rushing through this time too. Only thing I like were the talking dog & cat during that one quest.

Blood & Wine is possibly the best DLC of any game ever. Easy 10/10. Worth every penny, and than some. It wraps up Geralts story perfectly.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Horizon Zero Dawn -> 9/10. If you add the last cutscene to it, 5/10.. my god that was cheap

Just finished The Outer Worlds and i am legitimately a little mad. I feel like i've been sold a Dragon Age 2 style unfinished rip off. The first area was great, areas after felt like playing a swtor private server with no players in a fucked up way and by byzantium you can feel that they ran out of time or money and gave up. The entire final planet is a copy pasted hangar and a vertical tube full of the same identical enemies as you ride three elevators to a horrid boss fight you can use and abuse the broken lockpick and hacking to just turn off and then it ends with 3 planets never even touched and so many story teases unfulfilled. What the fuck happened to this absolute disaster of a second half? what a complete 4/10 game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Octopath Traveler is a 3/10 for me. The game is so inherently flawed I don't know where to being. So I'll pick out what I can randomly from my head.

1. You play as 8 characters that don't interact with each other, besides the useless banter you hear when you press a button. Otherwise the stories each take place as if the other seven don't exist.
    2. Random encounters are a thing in this game and it gets annoying super fast.
    3. Some of the jobs (classes) in this game are dumb and seem shoehorned into the game.
    4. The writing is also awful as it feels like it was written to be as generic as possible.
    5. The dialogue seems to go on forever without adding anything of value.

There are some good elements to the game like the idea of mixing and matching jobs (classes) with characters in order to get the best possible combo. The only combo that everyone agrees is that Tressa should absolutely be Runelord because she can give SideStep. The final secret boss is actually pretty good and makes use of all your characters, so you should level them up. The problem with the final boss fight is that you have to kill 8 shadow versions of bosses you already fought in the game, and therefore they're not much of a challenge, just a waste of time. The final secret boss is also the only part of the game where you see all eight get together but don't actually say anything to each other.

I feel that this game is something Square Enix just farted out to make a quick cash crab. It has a Super Nintendo feel in graphics, even though the entire map is 3D. So you'd think since they didn't spend money on graphics that the story was rich and exciting but it wasn't. Also without the random encounters you can see that the game is rather small, as there's a lot of useless time sinks in the game. Side quests consist of solutions where you either guide a person to another person, find info for a person, find an item for the person, or just beat the crap out of a person. This game feels more like a flash game you'd find on Newgrounds than a game you'd buy with actual money.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Just finished The Outer Worlds and i am legitimately a little mad. I feel like i've been sold a Dragon Age 2 style unfinished rip off. The first area was great, areas after felt like playing a swtor private server with no players in a fucked up way and by byzantium you can feel that they ran out of time or money and gave up. The entire final planet is a copy pasted hangar and a vertical tube full of the same identical enemies as you ride three elevators to a horrid boss fight you can use and abuse the broken lockpick and hacking to just turn off and then it ends with 3 planets never even touched and so many story teases unfulfilled. What the fuck happened to this absolute disaster of a second half? what a complete 4/10 game.
    It all style over substance.