Page 1 of 38
... LastLast

New Orc Model - Keep the Hunch?

~ Official Artwork ~

~ New Character Model with the Hunch ~

~ New Thrall Model without the Hunch ~

~ Garrosh with the Hunch ~

~ Garrosh photoshopped without the Hunch ~
    Last edited by Clash the DK; 2014-04-13 at 04:31 AM.

In my opinion, the model looks 10 times better without the hunch. A Model like Thrall's straightened back would be a nice customize-able option.

I would say your modified Garrosh model looks really unatural.

Hunch. Definitely hunch.

10+ Year Old Account
    What really worries me is the Trolls. After seeing how Trolls can look with the Zandalari, I would be very sad to see them keep their hunches.

I'd like a choice between them, though I'd rather not have a hunch since I prefer my orcs to stand tall and proud, as befitting their code of honor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I prefer no hunch, but I am not going to be playing a male Orc anytime soon, so I am somewhat indifferent. I think customizable is the ideal choice, but that's still awhile off.

If you don't like the haunch, why are you playing an Orc?

Its like complaining Tauren have horns. Its part of their racial appearence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I think it would be great if orcs didn't have a hunch, but all the same I like the iconic orc hunch and completely understand why Blizzard kept it. As great as straight backs are, keeping things the way they were is the best way to minimize complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post

Or like those idiots that ask for worgen with tails.
    No clue why people want to play green humans so bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a whole thread full of people crapping themselves because they think their gnome's lips are going to look a little different.

Can you imagine how many people would be pissed if they suddenly and fundamentally changed all of the orc's animations?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post

It's not part of their race. Because they constantly have been shown to stand tall regardless of people like Thrall. So that is incorrect.

Or like those idiots that ask for worgen with tails.
    No clue why people want to play green humans so bad.
    You're oversimplifying it. Stop it. Orcs weren't defined by their Hunch.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Blizz said they want all the characters to feel and generally look the same as they did before, just higher quality and resolution.

I'd love to remove the hunch, or at least have the option to pick between characters with or without it. Especially Undead. I would love to see my undead female standing upright. I guess she would be too close to human female at that point? But eh, I can dream.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I would say your modified Garrosh model looks really unatural.
    Those photoshops are based on the "stretching animation" of the Garrosh model. So, it will look slightly unnatural. But, I think it works just fine for comparison.

If they removed the hunch there would be so much QQ, it would be the most QQ in WoW history. You don't change characters people have played for as much as 9 years, drastically like that. People get attached to things. I think we will see QQ with new models regardless.

larger shoulders fine, but only a little hunch, something more like Garrosh's new model for MOP. his head is still sitting forward.

Only Peons are suppose to have the really hunched over look, as they are physically deformed. The majority of the orcs aren't suppose to be as hunched.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put a hunch slider in!

Hunch is fine for Orcs, but Trolls -could- (not necessarily should) use some back straightening. I liked the way the Zandalari looked in ToT.

The ship on that one already sailed I'm afraid. If we want to see these models ever they will have to stay like this. They even have the animations for the orcs already, which means they are literally done with it. It won't change, so demanding it is pointless, but I'd personally like the no hunched back version.