Thread: New char models

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

New char models

Does anyone not like them? I don't because I like the old cartoony feel they (current models) have, the new faces look strange aswell the only 1 I think looks ok so far is gnome.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKu View Post
    Does anyone not like them? I don't because I like the old cartoony feel they (current models) have, the new faces look strange aswell the only 1 I think looks ok so far is gnome.
    Gotta be trolling. The gnome was the worst model they showed my a long shot (the male at least). The new ones look great, the old models look like garbage from 2003, and if you think differently you need to get your eyes checked.
    If you like the cartoony feel, well you're in luck because they still have it. Their facial expressions are hilariously exaggerated. You know, facial expressions, one of those things that the old models completely lacked?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaKu View Post
    You can't be serious?

Dwarves don't look too bad, Gnomes and Orcs (tall Goblins) are ridiculous. I do like the articulated hands though, and the feet looks miles better. Not a fan of the faces.

Deleted
    Lol instant 'troll' responses it's my opinion and I wondered if anyone felt the same

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you serious? They still have that "cartoony feeling". They're just 1000x times better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I don't usually get in line with the common thought, but...
    Are you serious?
    Here comes another 1 what a useful response

I love what I've seen so far.
    And how can you not think this is cartoony?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you like cartoony the new models should fill all your needs.
    They look more cartoony than ever. They did a fantastic job imo.
    What is worth fighting for?

Deleted
    Dwarf is the one I don't like and undead Orc looks good

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...rtOfWoW051.jpg
    How do the new models not look cartoony?
    They certainly don't look realistic.
    Just to add a few more examples:
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...rtOfWoW080.jpg
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...rtOfWoW083.jpg
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...rtOfWoW076.jpg
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...rtOfWoW059.jpg
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...rtOfWoW066.jpg
    Look at the old models. They look stiff, like their faces are frozen. The new models actually have facial expressions.
    Last edited by MrLordDariusCrowley; 2013-11-11 at 02:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoy these new models. It takes the original models we've seen for so long and throws them into a new age. Time goes on, technology advances, and games look nicer. We were due in for these.

Cartoonish style is the best Wow feature. Ever was, ever will. Every model in this game have style unlike modern realistic MMOs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Models are 100x better. They look still the same but with better bone structure.
    Can't wait imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    I agree with some things and hopefully the rest of the models will be good

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you kidding? I love the new models. Although I will say I'm going to miss the old models especially Orcs and Undead since those were my first two races I played when I was first starting WoW. Man just thinking about it makes me sad
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-11-11 at 02:59 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    I chose Forsaken for my main because it was funny to have green haired zombie w/o a jaw as a hero. Now when I saw concept arts where Forsaken looks so serious and scary I'm afraid that playing a Forsaken wouldn't be that funny anymore

but to be serious I dont rly care about them because all I watch 95% of my game time is their back so even if I will dislike new model I wont care much.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what we have seen so far, they have done an incredibly good job of preserving the identity that each race brings to the game while also updating them pretty significantly.

Can't see any issues with them at all. Although, the OP pretty much has the opinion that Blizzard has been saying they need to work hard to avoid all along "Making players feel disenfranchised by their character suddenly not being who they have spent so much time with over the years", so it isn't like his opinion is invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Is it just me or does the gnome looks a bit like a smurf? Really have to get used to the models, but I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem since in basics they are still the same. Can't wait to see the other char models.
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    I chose Forsaken for my main because it was funny to have green haired zombie w/o a jaw as a hero. Now when I saw concept arts where Forsaken looks so serious and scary I'm afraid that playing a Forsaken wouldn't be that funny anymore
    i really love the style of the new forsaken male they showed but i really hope the shoulders wont be that off in the final version, they look like the bones are completely off the sockets (probly not the right word medical terms in english is not something i know well) and they couldnt be able to raise their arms
    Last edited by mmoc122c1567f0; 2013-11-11 at 02:47 PM.