Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    There you go again, there is a difference from saying I don't like x country cooking rather than HATING X CULTURE THEME.

But who am I to judge your wife. Maybe she is indeed a racist, I don't know and I don't care. Bu.t racist tends to marry racist so meh

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just saying he is a racist, nothing more and nothing less. Why are you making such a big deal about it?
    You are continually arguing the point with anyone who will bite, and pushing the thread further and further off-topic. If you have a concern with something he said, report it, and move on. You are making the choice to keep coming back here and goading people.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Nobody is saying "better" crazy person.
    If you like something better than something, you are definitely think something is better and something, let alone when you say you hate something.

10+ Year Old Account
    There you go again, there is a difference from saying I don't like x country cooking rather than HATING X CULTURE THEME.

But who am I to judge your wife. Maybe she is indeed a racist, I don't know and I don't care. Bu.t racist tends to marry racist so meh
    Oh, so when someone calls you out on your nonsense, that makes them a racist too?
    Racist all around!

This has become a pointless conversation. You are not using the word correctly, and I strongly suggest that you take the proactive steps into educating yourself on what racism actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just saying he is a racist, nothing more and nothing less. Why are you making such a big deal about it?
    Because its a ridiculous flamebaiting trolling claim. And now I'm going to report you for it.

- - - Updated - - -

If you like something better than something, you are definitely think something is better and something, let alone when you say you hate something.
    .......wut?

Quote Originally Posted by JeKv View Post
    You are continually arguing the point with anyone who will bite, and pushing the thread further and further off-topic. If you have a concern with something he said, report it, and move on. You are making the choice to keep coming back here and goading people.
    What? I'm not pushing this thread out of topic. It's just weird for me for people to think that's wrong for me to point out when someone is a racist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Oh, so when someone calls you out on your nonsense, that makes them a racist too?
    Racist all around!

This has become a pointless conversation. You are not using the word correctly, and I strongly suggest that you take the proactive steps into educating yourself on what racism actually is.
    Nope. Im just stating I have no idea about your wife, she might be one she might be not. If she is, she might be married to another racist as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Just that when someone is defending other racist.
    You're making up definitions. It doesn't make you a murderer if you defend one accused of it, nor does it make you a racist if you defend one accused of it. Jesus Christ, are you reading what you're typing?
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Everyone likes something someone else considers childish. "Childish" is often thrown around to try and disparage people who are simply enjoying themselves having fun because someone else thinks its stupid.
    I think that's true, and I think it's a real shame. Rather than having a healthy enough ego to simply say "I liked MoP, whether people think it's childish or not", people simply resorted to arguing that it couldn't possibly be considered childish in order to save face.

There was no need. Most adults I know like "childish" things. As you hint, it's about perspectives and accepting that other people have different ones to you.

So you're saying they don't have places like that in China? You do know China hold autonomy over Tibet right? and You do know that you can't find the dreaded waste in Kung Fu Panda right?
    So you're saying Blizzard couldn't possibly have come up with an art style that differed far more dramatically than the examples I posted?

Nope, I'm just pointing out you are a racist. You are oblivious to it and I'm just creating an awareness to it. It's ok, people can change.
    I'm sorry, but no sensible person is paying attention to you now.

You're making up definitions. It doesn't make you a murderer if you defend one accused of it, nor does it make you a racist if you defend one accused of it. Jesus Christ, are you reading what you're typing?
    It's ok, I understand why do you want to defend Djalil's racism. Sometimes, when someone used to it, they become oblivious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well for that part, 人 is used to describe a group of people when used with another word. For instance, an American would be written as 美国人(Měiguó rén - American person). "Pandaren" could very well be the "people of Pandaria" in that context - though, I'm sure that's not what Blizzard had in mind when coming up with the name.

My point is, it's not out of place used in that way. They are panda people. The name is (almost) literal. Could only be more if it was written as "Bear cat people" (since pandas are called, literally, bear-cats in Chinese).
    Doesn't make it less silly to me, to be honest. As I said tauren aren't cowpeople, we don't have wolf people or goatsquidpeople either. They have a certain mythological/fantasy aspect to them. It's not just the use of "ren" it is the "panda" that is just eeeh. It doesn't sit well with me.

ETA: and I didn't quite like certain things they took from japanese/chinese/animenerd western culture. It might have just been a bad coincidence, but I couldn't think of a worse/more "insulting" time to introduce the pet battles aka pokemon. There is also the "karameldansen" for panda females. I know, I know, all races have fun dances but... just that one? >_<
    Last edited by Boxilot; 2013-11-12 at 05:45 PM.

What? I'm not pushing this thread out of topic. It's just weird for me for people to think that's wrong for me to point out when someone is a racist.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. Just that when someone is defending other racist.
    Quite frankly, I'm offended as someone who's dealt with actual, real racism. This isn't it. This is at best someone who maybe chose the wrong words, and you have done quite a thorough job of pointing it out, thanks. The solution to a situation like this is education and communication, not name-calling and accusation. You are not fighting racism here. You are only making the divide even bigger.

This thread is not about whether Djalil is a racist, but you seem intent on making that the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's ok, I understand why do you want to defend Djalil's racism. Sometimes, when someone used to it, they become oblivious.
    I'm being trolled, aren't I? There is no excuse for such blatant disregard for logical arguments.

Anyway, I'm joining the others in ignoring this lunacy.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, Panadria was not childish so much as it seemed a little more tame in comparison to the other expansions. What I mean to say is the over all shadow looming over us from each expansion prior has been the total destruction of all life on azeroth were as Garrosh simply wanted to conqure the world and rule over it. Dont get me wrong, the build of and delivery of 100% bias and racial prejudice in the Garrosh story was pretty well exacuted and they did a fantastic job of showing how bat shit crazy the guy is.

My only real gripe was the asain theme, I know it comes with the territory of pandaria but I am just not a fan of asain themes as a whole. But I did play through the expansion and enjoyed it on a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    I think that's true, and I think it's a real shame. Rather than having a healthy enough ego to simply say "I liked MoP, whether people think it's childish or not", people simply resorted to arguing that it couldn't possibly be considered childish in order to save face.

There was no need. Most adults I know like "childish" things. As you hint, it's about perspectives and accepting that other people have different ones to you.

So you're saying Blizzard couldn't possibly have come up with an art style that differed far more dramatically than the examples I posted?

I'm sorry, but no sensible person is paying attention to you now.
    Blizzard mimics other architecture all the time. You are just anal about of other's people art style.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JeKv View Post
    Quite frankly, I'm offended as someone who's dealt with actual, real racism. This isn't it. This is at best someone who maybe chose the wrong words, and you have done quite a thorough job of pointing it out, thanks. The solution to a situation like this is education and communication, not name-calling and accusation. You are not fighting racism here. You are only making the divide even bigger.

This thread is not about whether Djalil is a racist, but you seem intent on making that the case.
    I"m not saying I'm a victim of a racism. He is just a racist, that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard mimics other architecture all the time. You are just anal about of other's people art style.
    And you can't accept that the parallels are there, and that they're fucking obvious to anyone who opens their eyes.

I'm being trolled, aren't I? There is no excuse for such blatant disregard for logical arguments.

What's illogical is for you to think it's ok for saying something racist and it's better to attack people who point it out. That's lunacy.

- - - Updated - - -

And you can't accept that the parallels are there, and that they're fucking obvious to anyone who opens their eyes.
    Yup Parallel to China. Just like how Blizz didn't steal "How to tame a dragon" for wotlk.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup Parallel to China. Just like how Blizz didn't steal "How to tame a dragon" for wotlk.

- - - Updated - - -

For me it wasn't childish. It just wasn't interesting story wise. Tentacle monsters + Garrosh ... ok.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Not exactly. I like the looks of a Norwegian Elkhound more than a German Shepherd, but I feel that German Shepherds are a better dog to train. Not everything's so black and white about it.

Besides, discussions about racism don't get anything anywhere in this forum except a closed thread.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    I filt the pandarens appearance of big cuddly pandas was a little on the childish side, kinda hard to defend to my workmates, who are playing COD!

Deleted

Yes you are.

Jekv, lets bring this back on topic. You say there are issues with what I am saying, can you please point them out so to give me a chance of answering them?

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Not exactly. I like the looks of a Norwegian Elkhound more than a German Shepherd, but I feel that German Shepherds are a better dog to train. Not everything's so black and white about it.

Besides, discussions about racism don't get anything anywhere in this forum except a closed thread.
    So you are saying x is better than Y. To a certain degree, you are comparing which one is better.