Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    So you are saying x is better than Y. To a certain degree, you are comparing which one is better.
    Then you didn't get the message of what I said at all.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Please ignore the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Which is what? Sometimes it's ok to say your culture is better than other culture, or different culture warrants hate?

Which is what? Sometimes it's ok to say your culture is better than other culture, or different culture warrants hate?
    Racism is making a huge generalization about one culture in a negative light. When people say they didn't like the Asian theme, I assume they meant the looks of architecture and armor. That is not a racist comment. Plenty of people didn't like the Viking theme of WotLK, but that was just their personal taste rather than saying "I hate Nordic or Norwegian culture". Same applies here.

My point was, before, you can dislike the theme of something without disliking the entire culture or people of Asia. No one's bashing you and your ethnic group personally.

You are just doing this on purpose. Stop being purposefully dense and have conversation or just don't post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is simply an evolution of "behave or the badmen will take you away"
    Bullshit. My death knight kills and murders. My rogue lives to bomb alliance civilians homes.
    This is ridiculous there shouldn't be "teachings" in wow. What a stupid fucking idea. Whoever came up with it in blizzard should be fired, and subsequently hanged by the balls from the highest tree in ashenvale. Together with that other guy.

Nobody should take your opinion seriously now because you are so aggressive. Your posts are usually good, now they aren't. Seriously grow up.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not find it childish. uff dah

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    I felt like the majority of the hate came from the same crowd of people that hate anything Asian. I don't think the Pandaren are any less childish than Tauren or Worgen. I enjoyed Pandaria and the different species living there, especially the Mantid really liked their character design. My gripe with MoP was the grindfest it became and all of the gating that we got throughout the expansion. I think the way Cataclysm was during Dragon Soul was the best design in terms of catch-up even if the raid was horrible. The lack of 5-man dungeons, replaced by boring scenarios and places like Timeless Isle are the reason I quit WoW during the x-pac. Not because of Pandas.
    Taurens - hooves and horns. Worgen - claws and teeth. Pandarens - fluffy cudly paws? :3

Looking back (well obvious break for a year until WoD) to mists of Pandaria, first thing that pops in my mind is.. Pandaren. And big fluffly cute animals are childish. My little sister has tons of pandaren-like creatures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup Parallel to China. Just like how Blizz didn't steal "How to tame a dragon" for wotlk.
    No, the art style is in parallel to the movie Kung Fu Panda, when they could have gone in other directions with it. You know that's what I'm saying and are choosing to skirt it because it's damning to your viewpoint.

This is likely my last response to you. I can't be bothered with an infraction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Nobody should take your opinion seriously now because you are so aggressive. Your posts are usually good, now they aren't. Seriously grow up.
    Aggressive? Ah! You haven't seen the half of me. Seriously, that was a joke post, I had one similar earlier on, with "hanging balls off ashenvale".
    I quoted myself. Yes I did.
    Listen, seriously I'm in an extremely good mood swing today so, please comment on the content of that post while ignoring the funny remarks.

Deleted
    To those who think MoP wasn't childish..

Please define what is childish then and give an example. To me it was the very definition of childishness because come on.. kung fu pandas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post

Please define what is childish then and give an example. To me it was the very definition of childishness because come on.. kung fu pandas?
    I'm not going to answer if you refer to that every single damn time. It's no more childish then Dwarves making a game out of drinking beer.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody should take your opinion seriously now because you are so aggressive.
    To be fair, the first thing I did when the expansion hit was to fly around the old world ganking Pandaren players. It was delightful in so many inexcusably evil ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    To be fair, the first thing I did when the expansion hit was to fly around the old world ganking Pandaren players. It was delightful in so many inexcusably evil ways.
    <Insert PVP happened on a PVP server comment here> /10chars

Did I do it right?

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    I'm not going to answer if you refer to that every single damn time. It's no more childish then Dwarves making a game out of drinking beer.
    So you're not going to answer to him... You're not going to consider me...
    What are you going to do, talk to Hyde?

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would have agree with what Fullmetal89 said in regrds to the over all look of the Pandaren and in terms of the female worgen to an extent. They tried to make them look cute or appealing and facial structure wise, the female Pandaren look more feline than ursine in my opinion. The men atleast have a face the looks like their insparation base but over all fall short in haveing that animalistic savagery you see in Male worgen, Furbolgs, Taruen, Yangol and the other anthromorphic races of the game.

I don't think MoP was childish, but I don't like the whole Oriental Theme in the Warcraft Lore.

I think the stark contrast between the peaceful and brightly colored pandaria with the sha really made it fit the reality setting.

Granted, it wasn't as dark or as grim as WotLK, but the presence of war certainly added a mature feel to it.

If I had to voice a complaint, it would be that our actions in Krasarang didn't really reflect on the rest of the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post

I didn't find it childish because I saw it as an Asian-themed expansion, which I enjoyed. Martial arts are, usually, Asian in nature. Pandas are, in fact, from China. I don't deny the fact that the Pandaren are more cartoon-looking than the older races, but I felt it was just the art style they were heading toward with improved graphics. Considering how the updated races look, I guess I was right. The new-old races match the Pandaren in terms of art style.

Otherwise, I found races like the Mogu, Mantid, and Saurok very badass and aggressive. I found the essence of the story about the Sha much more adult - learning to control your emotions, even when you are undeniably angry or sad about things. I found Lei Shen to be the most badass person in all of WoW's lore. I mean, he seemed to have ripped the heart out of Ra-Den (considering the wound Ra-Den had) and, most likely ate it. Wrathion emulated this later on to get whatever power from Lei Shen's heart that he could. I found those to be a little more "teen-rated", at least.

If you didn't want people flaming, a title that didn't assume everyone thought Pandaria was childish woulda been better Dropping the "Why" woulda made a difference.

I didn't think it was childish. I'm not sure how some people are saying Pandas are childish when we have Gnomes, Dwarves and Taurens running around.