Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Muzorond warned us that the hour of twilight was a gift compared to what could be if we prevented it.

Now we know why; it leads to a plot that sounds like it was written by a 15 year old who just finished watching a
    b budget sci fi marathon on Netflix.
    Hahaha actually lol'd at this one. Well done, your articulation of our present incurred situation is both vivid and harrowing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    I got the impression they lost their powers because their great purpose was fulfilled. Maybe they just drained all their powers into the Dragon/Demon soul to kill Deathwing. That specific doesn't matter a whole lot to this talk. The point is that if they hadn't lost their powers this expansion wouldn't be happening.
    That is true. Just begs the question: Why did the titans create the aspects in the first place? If their "great purpose" was that one of them goes mad and the others have to sacrifice all their power to stop him, it would have done nicely... to, you know, not create aspects in the first place.

This is just the old "magic is fading/age of mortals" trope cheaply used to try to put a modicum of meaning into a stupid storyline that failed in every single way imaginable.

I never understood what people have against "bring me 10x boar meat and i'll pay you." That may not be an awesome story. But at least it is credible

When we killed Deathwing Nozdormu said:

Quote Originally Posted by Nozdormu
    It is time! I will expend EVERYTHING to bind every thread here, now, around the Dragon Soul. What comes to pass will never be undone!
    I'm sure him "binding every thread" to the death of Deathwing has something to do with Garrosh's actions not actually changing the past.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    Pretty they lost both. Cinematic. Nozdormu's pauldrons crack, eye glow gone, etc.

Yeah, not sure, but it seems you're right about them losing their powers. Which also means...if this first part of the expansion is based off of the fact that Nozdormu can't protect the timelines anymore...what if the next parts involve the other aspects? As in...the other aspects, since they are no longer doing their job, have allowed for easier disruption of what they once guarded. We can rule out Alexstraza since she was the guardian of life, and things died all the time. She was bad at her job. With Kalecgos, we can anticipate spells to shift and alter (Devs even said spells are going to alter as you level from 90-100 SIGNIFICANTLY, further backing up this theory).

However, the most interesting one to take note of is Ysera. Who is actively guarding the Emerald Dream now? What are some other things that could happen such as this first part of the expansion? Could the connection actually reside in the fact OP describes, meaning this may actually introduce the Emerald Dream because of the mentioned connection? Doubtful, but the logic, as stated by OP with Nozdormu, is sound.
    Sounds like wishful thinking.

My guess is that the "satisfying" end to Garrosh is that he'll be thrown forward into the hour of twilight future; where there is nobody left alive on Azeroth. There's just dirt everywhere....dirt....yes.... So he creates the Dirt Horde. And sends it back in time to the alternate draenors azerothian future where they take over gnomeregan in order to make dirt horde robots and invade the real Azeroths outlands present.

New profession: dirtweaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurydemus View Post
    Didn't Blizzard say there's someone else behind the whole scheme? The new super villain might have the ability to do this fancy time/dimension warping without the need for bronze dragon magic. Or maybe he/she might have to recruit a bronze dragon because the dragons still have (weak) remnants of their powers.

why did no one else catch the nameslip, chilton did in the day 1 coverage warcraft panel. kariozdormu sends garrosh into the past. Kariozdormu would be the real name of our new questing npc on the timeless isle, Karioz

http://wowpedia.org/Kairoz

if you listen to his soundfiles he talks about molding time like clay instead of thinking of it linearly and the possiblities it lead to.

Quote Originally Posted by shockzine View Post
    why did no one else catch the nameslip, chilton did in the day 1 coverage warcraft panel. kariozdormu sends garrosh into the past. Kariozdormu would be the real name of our new questing npc on the timeless isle, Karioz

http://wowpedia.org/Kairoz

if you listen to his soundfiles he talks about molding time like clay instead of thinking of it linearly and the possiblities it lead to.

That's the name.

I'm going also going to bet Alternate Universe Medivh is the one behind these dimension-hopping shenanigans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe next time we run into a god like enemy, we should think twice about killing it and look for other solutions, like sealing it away.
    Ironic, as we sealed away Garrosh?

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Yeah. The bronze dragon from Timeless Isle. Kairoz or whatever his name is.
    Kairoz is pretty small time.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was operating under orders from Murozond/Nozdormu
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Yeah we should have just let deathwing destroy the world. All our fault.
    lol ^ this

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    We can rule out Alexstraza since she was the guardian of life, and things died all the time. She was bad at her job.
    Death, like birth, is a part of life. Azeroth is still chok full of living things of all sorts. Alexstraza was not bad at her job. =-\
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

Deleted
    y right cause the multiverse just came into existing cause of dw's death.... you sir failed - big!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    Kairoz is pretty small time.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was operating under orders from Murozond/Nozdormu
    There's a puppet master pulling strings here, but it's not Murozond or Nozdormu. Yeah yeah I know, we only killed Nozdormu in the future, but from a gameplay standpoint, think about it. Not exciting at all. Bring back that one boss from that one heroic from that one patch of the game's most disliked expansion? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Yeah. The bronze dragon from Timeless Isle. Kairoz or whatever his name is.
    I expect he's an agent of the legion, to use the the iron/fel horde to soften up azeroth defense for another invasion, his reward would be psuedo, demonic, aspect powers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    True, but Varian should have just let Thrall crush Garrosh's skull. We'd be all neck deep in naga tits and old god tentacles by now. Instead, we're packing for our trip to the orc sausage factory of ye olde Dreanor.

This is all fucking Varian's fault for his asinine decision to let the haplessly retarded Pandafolk get a say in the matter.
    Well, when you put it like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Yeah we should have just let deathwing destroy the world. All our fault.
    every thing that has happened has happened because of what happened before.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Nice.... nice roofl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    True, but Varian should have just let Thrall crush Garrosh's skull. We'd be all neck deep in naga tits and old god tentacles by now. Instead, we're packing for our trip to the orc sausage factory of ye olde Dreanor.

This is all fucking Varian's fault for his asinine decision to let the haplessly retarded Pandafolk get a say in the matter.

YOU WIN! haha

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

When I first saw the trailer, I didn't really get what was going on, it left me really confused. Then I watched the first panel and I got it a little better, it's not our past it's a separate past. Still didn't get how a dragon suddenly gained the power to travel to a parallel universe though. Then while reading blue posts I finally got it.

Garrosh isn't going into another universe, he's going to the past, and it's creating a splinter timeline. Still not effecting us, but the timeline is being split. What does this have to do with Deathwing you ask? Everything. This split is only possible, because the bronze dragons lost their powers. When we killed Deathwing, the Aspects 'great purpose' was fulfilled and apparently the Titans put in a remove powers clause on them. One of Nozdormu's jobs was to kill off non-alpha timelines. Basically he kept time clean, any time there was a split in the timeline, the 'dead' one was removed and it kept Azeroth safe. Safe from things like someone going back in time, creating the Iron Horde, and bringing it to attack the present.

So if we hadn't killed Deathwing, if we had just beat him but let him live, then Nozdormu might still have his powers. And if he had his powers, this off shoot timeline wouldn't be possible. There for, this entire expansion, is our fault.
    Uhm, if I rememebr correctly, the Bronze Dragonflight has ALWAYS had the ability to travel through time, and time is omnipresent throughout all universes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalandros View Post
    That is true. Just begs the question: Why did the titans create the aspects in the first place? If their "great purpose" was that one of them goes mad and the others have to sacrifice all their power to stop him, it would have done nicely... to, you know, not create aspects in the first place.

This is just the old "magic is fading/age of mortals" trope cheaply used to try to put a modicum of meaning into a stupid storyline that failed in every single way imaginable.

I never understood what people have against "bring me 10x boar meat and i'll pay you." That may not be an awesome story. But at least it is credible
    The aspects are relative to each Titan that created them, and they created them to watch over what ever the Titan bestowed upon Azeroth (Alexstraza for life, Malygos for magic, Deathwing for the earth), etc.

I quite like this explanation - the Bronze Flight's purpose was to keep the time line clean, make sure nobody went back and changed things, but a rogue bronze dragon would be able to disrupt that. The quote from Nozdormu during the Deathwing raid brings it all together, and begs the question: at what point does Nozdormu become Moruzond, and would we know? I despise time travel, but the COT dungeons were passable largely because the whole point of them was to prevent retcons from happening.

If Nozdormu essentially 'forced' the events of the Dragon Soul raid to happen, then going back in time to change necessary pre-events would have to create a split universe. Since Nozdormu was well aware of the Infinite's attempts to prevent the First and Second Wars, he must surely have been able to deduce that his actions during the Dragon Soul raid would therefore result in a split timeline, thus suggesting that that was exactly what he wanted to happen. This leads me to the conclusion that Nozdormu had already become corrupted/mad by the time the Dragon Soul raid happened, which would again imply the work of Old Gods undermining the Titan's plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Sounds like wishful thinking.

My guess is that the "satisfying" end to Garrosh is that he'll be thrown forward into the hour of twilight future; where there is nobody left alive on Azeroth. There's just dirt everywhere....dirt....yes.... So he creates the Dirt Horde. And sends it back in time to the alternate draenors azerothian future where they take over gnomeregan in order to make dirt horde robots and invade the real Azeroths outlands present.

New profession: dirtweaving.
    Wishful thinking indeed. The Emerald Dream kind of makes me think of the Spirit World in Avatar. An ideal state yet still corrupted with darkness (the Nightmare) that needs cleansing by the Avatar (Ysera/us now?).

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Death, like birth, is a part of life. Azeroth is still chok full of living things of all sorts. Alexstraza was not bad at her job. =-\
    I guess so. But her job is to safeguard life. I guess you can attribute death to life, but ehh...she did fine I guess, I'll settle there.