Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by einlanzer0 View Post
    Seriously, anyone who is opposed to the squish is an idiot. My fear is actually that they won't take it far enough. Think about it - how much more awesome would the game be if suddenly all of the content from previous expansions became available to do without being completely trivialized by you being so stupidly OP that you can one-shot everything and never even take damage?

It would be so much fun to go back and duo Kara, for example, while retaining some semblance of challenge. Or to organize a small group of 3 or 4 friends to go take out Icecrown.
    yeah it so much fun to do 8 year old content in a grp of 25 people to get a mount from a 8 year old boss...

Is this squish going to apply to old content?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The point of this is not crossing the retarded red line which is dealing 540285693728 damage in a one swing (you got the picture). Where 3400 damage seems more reasonable and aesthetic. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by warlockSTAR View Post
    Is this squish going to apply to old content?

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    The point of this is not crossing the retarded red line which is dealing 540285693728 damage in a one swing (you got the picture). Where 3400 damage seems more reasonable and aesthetic. Period.
    Opinion =/= fact

Jesus why is this such a difficult concept for people. Here let's simplify it even more. Turn off your sct and your help numbers displayed on your bars and you will notice absolutely no difference whatsoever. The numbers are the only thing that is changing. The actually numbers on the screen. If you go into kara now and it takes you 10 secs to kill attumen to farm for your mount. It will take you 10 secs after the squish takes place. Actually it will take you less because the gear you have and your increase in level will make you even stronger. That's it. They aren't making it so old content becomes relevant again. If you wanna take a bunch of friends into an old raid and go through it go for it. Level some alts to only the level of that content get gear for them for only the level of that content and have a blast. But this item squish is not affecting the power of max level players at all period.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are not rolling back the numbers to make older content more challenging. They are doing it because the numbers as they are are out of control. If it takes you 50 seconds to nuke Onyxia 10 man, it still will post item squish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    It worked in Dragon Ball Z, but I'm not sure if it would translate equally to WoW.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    No, they will be reduced less. You can't simply reduce everything by the same percentage.
    Stop being a baby and get over it, you're just being ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    No, they will be reduced less. You can't simply reduce everything by the same percentage.
    And why is that? If you mean it's literally not possible, it certainly is, see DS and ICC raid-wide debuffs on mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftygod View Post
    Gotta love all the pro-squish people who bust out the insults and then turn around and show that they don't even understand what the squish is.

Sorry, he's right. Lv90 stats are being reduced by about 95%. That would give us less than ONE (1) health at lv1 and what, 2-300 at lv60? Will not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Gotta love all the pro-squish people who bust out the insults and then turn around and show that they don't even understand what the squish is.

Sorry, he's right. Lv90 stats are being reduced by about 95%. That would give us less than ONE (1) health at lv1 and what, 2-300 at lv60? Will not happen.
    Pro-squish people bust out insults because being opposed to the squish is just dumb zealotry.

There is universal consensus that level scaling was the best feature of GW2 because it created a world where content was never trivialized by being able to completely steamroll it. Consequently, content is never 'closed off', it's only opened up - you can go anywhere and do anything at the level cap and whatever you do is going to provide enough 'challenge' to be engaging and rewarding.

So, yeah, anyone who thinks it's better that so much content is massively trivialized just so they can have nonsensically huge numbers on their gear and brainlessly one-shot everything with no danger whatsoever than it would be to transform all that older content into something moderately compelling and rewarding to play through is an idiot. You won't see me apologizing for stating the obvious.
    Guild Wars 2 was awful. Getting weaker because you entered a lower level zone was the worst idea in the history of MMO's.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Guild Wars 2 was awful. Getting weaker because you entered a lower level zone was the worst idea in the history of MMO's.
    Yeah, no. It was actually the best idea to ever come to a level-based MMO and the vast majority of people who played it (even if they don't currently) agree. God I should have known better than to try interacting with WoW's drooling playerbase.

It's like the god damn Tea party in here - all you have in your arsenal is hyperboles, strawmen, and unbridled zeal.
    Last edited by einlanzer0; 2013-11-11 at 09:36 PM.

Yeah, no. It was actually the best idea to ever come to a level-based MMO and the vast majority of people who played it (even if they don't currently) agree. God I should have known better than to try interacting with WoW's drooling zealot playerbase. It's like the god damn Tea party in here.
    I agree, GW2's ability to make most of the content stay entertaining at max level was brilliant and mostly well done.

regarding the actual squish. I have a feeling we never had the server side stats displayed on our character sheets to begin with. It doesn't make sense to store a base stat that needs to be reduced by a percentage rather than maintain a very small base stat that only ever goes up. It saves space, it's faster, etc. If that's true, then we are getting a cosmetic shift to cosmetic numbers so that the feedback to players is more intelligible.

you are weaker...why?

Cause why is my level 90 hitting the same as a level 60 does now post squish? Hmm..Cause of your fear of big numbers and omg WoWs engine. Well its almost a 10 year old game fix the crap and stop band-aid fixing it all. Why should my health in bis level 90 gear be reduced down to what it was in icc with the +30% buff?

Nostalgia is gonna kill this game to sucha degree it isn't funny especially if the rumor of no flying in the next xpac is true goodbye to all of your subs. NO body wants to pay for a game that makes them spend half the time just traveling around. Itd be like buying GTA 5 and just walking around instead of taking a car...fun right?

I'm really glad squish is coming, who cares about numbers anyway? It just trashes your screen, relative power is what's important, and that remains the same. (I feel like I'm repeating myself over and over, these threads are quite common!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dero View Post
    you are weaker...why?

Cause why is my level 90 hitting the same as a level 60 does now post squish? Hmm..Cause of your fear of big numbers and omg WoWs engine. Well its almost a 10 year old game fix the crap and stop band-aid fixing it all. Why should my health in bis level 90 gear be reduced down to what it was in icc with the +30% buff?

Nostalgia is gonna kill this game to sucha degree it isn't funny especially if the rumor of no flying in the next xpac is true goodbye to all of your subs. NO body wants to pay for a game that makes them spend half the time just traveling around. Itd be like buying GTA 5 and just walking around instead of taking a car...fun right?
    I rest my case again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dero View Post
    you are weaker...why?

We still have ground mounts. Ground mounts are for all intents and purposes the "cars" of WoW. So your example doesn't stick at all.

I personally don't mind. A little on-foot exploration has never hurt us and it can add to the adventure sense of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftygod View Post
    Ehm, sorry? I'm not. Try reducing MC gear by 95%.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    And why is that? If you mean it's literally not possible, it certainly is, see DS and ICC raid-wide debuffs on mobs.
    He asked if everything gets reduced equally, I gave him the answer. This has nothing to do with buffs or debuffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Pro-squish people bust out insults because being opposed to the squish is just dumb zealotry.
    That's no reason at all to simply post to insult. I don't insult anyone, I expect to be treated the same.