10+ Year Old Account

Is This Laptop Good For WoW?

I can't seem to find a straight answer to this question anyplace online so I'll ask here where people tend to know more WoW-specific things:

I'm looking into a laptop that has an A10-5745M processor with an AMD Radeon HD 8610G graphics card and 6GB of RAM (I will probably upgrade it to 8 though, while I'm in the neighborhood). I don't have to have max settings, but I at least want Good settings when I'm out questing or in LFR/Dungeons at 1366x768 resolution.

The settings I want are as follows:

View Distance: Max
    Environment Detail: Max
    Particle Density: Max
    Ground clutter and all that related stuff: Medium/High
    Shadows: Off
    SSAO: Off
    Arthrotoloscopic filtering or whatever it is: Don't care
    Weather effects: Lowest, don't care
    Water textures: Don't care/lowest/off
    Sunshafts: Off/Don't care

Basically I only really care about particle density, view distance, and draw distance.

Also, please don't tell me to buy all the parts separate and build my own, my employer will get me a good discount on this laptop since it's technically "for work", I just want to make sure I can at least play some WoW without lagging out all over the place.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

*crickets* Somebody? Anybody?
    Last edited by RicardoZ; 2013-11-11 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I can't seem to find a straight answer to this question anyplace online so I'll ask here where people tend to know more WoW-specific things:

I'm looking into a laptop that has an A10-5745M processor with an AMD Radeon HD 8610G graphics card and 6GB of RAM (I will probably upgrade it to 8 though, while I'm in the neighborhood). I don't have to have max settings, but I at least want Good settings when I'm out questing or in LFR/Dungeons at 1366x768 resolution.

The settings I want are as follows:

View Distance: Max
    Environment Detail: Max
    Particle Density: Max
    Ground clutter and all that related stuff: Medium/High
    Shadows: Off
    SSAO: Off
    Arthrotoloscopic filtering or whatever it is: Don't care
    Weather effects: Lowest, don't care
    Water textures: Don't care/lowest/off
    Sunshafts: Off/Don't care

Basically I only really care about particle density, view distance, and draw distance.

Also, please don't tell me to buy all the parts separate and build my own, my employer will get me a good discount on this laptop since it's technically "for work", I just want to make sure I can at least play some WoW without lagging out all over the place.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

*crickets* Somebody? Anybody?
    With that resoulution,yeah i think you will mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0ideabr0 View Post
    With that resoulution,yeah i think you will mate.
    The resolution is 1366x768. I looked it up on YouTube and found people getting results I would consider acceptable using the same laptop I'm looking at getting, so I'm pretty sure it will be alright.

Check it:

And

...both of those videos were on systems that are a generation behind the one I'm looking at, so looks like I'll be alright.

Thanks for your reply