[Family guy] So... is -snip- dead? *SPOILER*

They said this season they'd be killing off a character, so after the last episode:at the end it made a joke of how she died of "eating" a frozen hot dog, does this mean meg is officially killed off, is she the person leaving the show, or was this just another one of those x dies and will be back next episode jokes? Anyone know for sure, or wish to speculate?
    and what will this do to the opening theme song? And who was supposed to replace them? (I hope its little Peter!)

10+ Year Old Account
    There killing off someone dunno if its meg
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hate that we are so behind on seasons here The murder mystery episode was great... QQ

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    There killing off someone dunno if its meg
    I understand, but she died in the last episode, but people in the show have died before and just shown back up, I wonder if that was actually the character death they were referring to.

Meg dies like every other episode, I don't know why you'd think this one would be different. When they do kill off the character they want to kill off, it's going to be a big thing, not just a one-line joke.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    I understand, but she died in the last episode, but people in the show have died before and just shown back up, I wonder if that was actually the character death they were referring to.
    Meg says at the end of the episode "a year later I died..." so I doubt they are killing her off now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um, no. Family Guy breaks a lot of realism rules. Hell, Peter tore his own face off one time, and sliced it off. He cut his own penis off in the new episode. Meg isn't "dead", and it's not "who is going to die". It was just a gag at the end of the show. A gag, if you remember, that is a callback to at least one other episode, that shows Meg using frozen hot dogs as...masturbatory aids.

Deleted
    Meg didn't die in the last episode. The narrator said she died a year later.. and since we know time doesn't exactly move forward in these cartoons, thats just never going to happen. They might as well said that someone will die in the year 3000.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Meg didn't die in the last episode. The narrator said she died a year later.. and since we know time doesn't exactly move forward in these cartoons, thats just never going to happen. They might as well said that someone will die in the year 3000.
    Meg went from age 16 to 17 to 18 in this show.

Of course Stewie is still one in all this time so...