Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Being in rotation for staying on the top web on Heroic Beth'tilac. Pretty badass thing to do, harkening back to the older raids.

15+ Year Old Account
    When I singlehandedly saved Thrall and goblin race being level 10 and received a personal servant from Garrosh. Didn't like it. What makes me special is not my class. It's me. I don't wanna roll on a superhero story roller-coaster, nor do I need any unique mechanics for my class.

If this game had 3 classes, it would've been possible to make them entirely different. This game has 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a raid tank does wonders for that feeling. One of two critical cogs in the machine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Being a raid tank does wonders for that feeling. One of two critical cogs in the machine.
    Btw, yes. Also being the most immune to loot drama in the entire guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Btw, yes. Also being the most immune to loot drama in the entire guild.
    Unless you have the types of tanks that want "offspec" gear because they are "forced" into only tank gear for the better of the guild. And / or the tank is an officer/lead.

Ive found tanks to be just as drama queen crazy as the rest of the raid at times.

Its more about the person than it is the class/role they play.

Same as you. Rogue doing special tricks to help the team or troll people.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

10+ Year Old Account
    I will feel like a super mega snowflake once i droped those damn Tusks of Mannoroth Aside from that i don't got "snowflake" syndrom.

10+ Year Old Account
    I felt great for choosing warrior when Arms finally became raid worthy in DS. Not very special snowflake, but oh well. I also managed to rank top 100 rogue in Firelands, that felt great. But as a unique class, I'd say back with the shaman totem quests, they weren't the best, but it gave me a journey that was unique to the class.

Honestly, one of the things I enjoyed most about swtor were the class based story lines. I miss having a unique experience based on the class I chose. They really need to make class quests, and if what I hear was correct, we may actually get to see some soon.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

When there weren't 4 million warlocks running around.

Deleted
    When I was the first time in Karazhan and I had to CC one add during Moroes with my Hunter, felt so great.

Or my first time in Black Morras, and I also had to use my traps.

And the Druid form quests, or Warlock Demon quests.
    Last edited by mmoc394d815e01; 2013-11-12 at 07:39 AM.

Completing Glory of the Icecrown Raider while it was still relevant. Flying around on my Frostwyrm... I remember getting chills, my stomach churning, it was awesome.

I feel like achievement mounts actually meant something back then. Now they all kinda feel like just another tick on your mount counter. Whoopee, another sky snake that I'll mount maybe once and never use again.

Kind OT, but they should make the achievement mounts have some special ability. Like the thunderbird mount you get from ToT - it's the same exact birds that are able to fly on the Isle of Thunder. They should make it so that specific mount could fly there. And maybe the same thing with the SoO meta, make that mount able to fly on the Timeless Isle.

Cuz seriously, there's nothing all that great about those mounts, they literally are just another point in the "mounts collected" achievement bar for most people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmo View Post
    Its more about the person than it is the class/role they play.
    My point exactly.

Last time I felt a special snowflake was in WOTLK. (I have a screenshot) Some guy just says "hi, you are the GM of guild XXX right?" in a /w. So I say: Hey and yes, how can I help you?
    He said: Oh nothing much I just heard good things about you and your guild, thought I'd say hi.

I mean this happened a lot until WOTLK ended. Basically from the moment I made the guild in TBC until that time.

It was probably because I was GM, period. Still people were until the end of Wrath still clinging to reputations on their server.

And I felt very special when I got Quel'Serrar and finally completed the quest in Vanilla. 3rd player on the server and 1st paladin on the server. Shunned by warriors and celebrated by paladins who were sick of being pigeonholed. Tho I did actually tank a lot. I had proper blue gear and tried to keep my mana up with some intellect stuff. I could tank pretty decently. Even tanked Onyxia at level 60 in tier 2+defense gear. It was basically just chugging mana pots.

Fun stuff.

I do miss that time tho. When server rep meant something. Atleast it did on our server and at the very least it did with the raiding guilds on our server.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    When there weren't 4 million warlocks running around.
    The days when a raid was canceled because they didnt have a single lock on.
    When locks were the joke of the food chain, and only annoyed people with infinite fear spam.
    Spending an hour before raids farming shards...so you could make healthstones for everyone.

Theyve sure gone a long way since then, its no wonder why they are FOTM. Its been a good growth for locks over the years.

Probably the last time I healed which was in WotLK. I had played a Holy Pally for years, was willing to heal about anything or try about anything ( I would heal undergeared, Ret spec tanks or whatever in TBC instances) and I got to be pretty decent at adjusting on the fly. That last time was when a group was doing a PUG run and I came in and the entire 10 man group pretty much cheered and said we could do it easy now.

Sadly after that I stopped healing. Hated what they did to Paladins and Druids in Cata.

First time though was when I got my Epic Paladin mount, was very few people on the server with it back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhalerius View Post
    Being a Tank that takes zero shit from my party members makes me feel like a snowflake.
    Call me old fashioned but if you spank it you best be ready to tank it motherfucker 'cause I'm gonna debuff righteous fury, cast Hand of Protection on the Healer just to be a dick and watch you die because I am the Tank and I should pull.
    Then I will carry your ass like I do every shit tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Being considered the best DPS in all the guilds and pugs I ever raided with back in WotLK 3.0 - 3.3 as a DK DPS.

The funny thing is, praise makes me uncomfortable, which is why I switched to being a healer.
    Regardless of how well you do as a healer, you will never be acknowledged, which is exactly the way I like it.

Being the only shadowpriest in raid in TBC and like 15 people with manabars fighting for you to be in their group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I have both the old Razzashi raptor and Zulian tiger in ADDITION to the NEW razzashi raptor and Zulian panther.

So I feel pretty aspecial.
    The RNG is strong with this one.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

shock paladin in bgs in BC. Standing there casting hand of sacrifice on anyone who came near and struggling to keep myself alive while collecting way more kills than I really deserved. Occasionally having some poor critter get to the healing lines only to be shocked to death before my stun wore off.

Then, one day, they got rid of the weird hybrid gear I used; it all turned to really poorly itemized ret crap.