Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The ONLY time I felt like a special snowflake was on my frost dk (because I worked so hard to get rotations right so I wouldn't be 'one of those annoying dk's') and a tank said to me, "you're the first dk it's ever been a pleasure to do an instance with." I think it took 6 months for my feet to touch the ground again after that
    I used to be snow white, but I drifted...

It's very hard for any MMO to punch through my realization that my character is and always will be the nameless "Hero" that aided that real main characters in vanquishing the evil. But Warcraft has made a damn good effort of it a few times. Even with my main being generic human mcRogueguy.

Most notably in recent time would be the legendary questline throughout all of MoP, and before that the Legendary Daggers Questline, but before that not too many instances stand out in my mind. I'm not sure if that's because there weren't all that many, or because I've been playing this fucking game for more than half a decade.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still special fuck yeah well sorta anyway.

Got my mounts ( which ppl can buy my BMAH meh )
    Got my titles

Pffft.

Deleted
    I don't play anymore, but for me it was back in WOTLK when my Warlock would always "tank" the magic/casting in our 10-man raids. It was great.