Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Tier 17 = 1 plate set, 1 cloth set, 1 leather set, 1 mail set. Perhaps different trim colorings based on spec, but I'd be surprised.
    Uh, what?
    They said after TotC that they were never doing that again, and if any patch is going to have a lot of armour assets it's going to be the expansion one...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szandos View Post
    I think they are all going to be savage.
    I love you.

Also, please no "revivals" of BC looking Hunter sets. They are all garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Garrosh had barely any armor besides the shoulders and they are a drop in Siege.
    illidan wasn't a big armor wearer either, but the warlock challenge mode set was obviously based on him
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking most sets will be more "primal" since Draenor is this primordial world, with giants and what not.
    Shamans will likely get some amazing sets, since there's a lot of inspiration for shaman sets in draenor.

I do hope that druids will go back to more druidic looking sets though, they have been lacking for quite some time now IMO.

Not worried about warlock, most of our sets look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Uh, what?
    They said after TotC that they were never doing that again, and if any patch is going to have a lot of armour assets it's going to be the expansion one...
    When you loot, for example, a set of plate shoulders, they're usable by any spec who can wear plate. Do you really think they're going to change their shape or style on your character based on your spec?

Expect tier gear to be like this, re-colorations at best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I just want them to be good looking ffs. MOP hands down has had the worst looking armor ever in WoW. The last couple tiers were a total joke, a 3 year old could design better looking armor.

Seems if after WOTLK, Blizz just said fuck it to making armor look good.
    Come now, they weren't all that bad. Were at least two decent looking sets per raid tier. Will agree that outside those two per tier, the rest were god-awful.

Deleted
    When you loot, for example, a set of plate shoulders, they're usable by any spec who can wear plate. Do you really think they're going to change their shape or style on your character based on your spec?

Where on earth are you getting that from?

I think you may be misinterpreting what they actually said: which was that tier sets will change stats based upon spec (but would still be class specific). They also said that there would be no int. plate, but that doesn't mean Paladins won't get their own set. Seems to me you're just being pessimistic.

Deleted
    As savagery and Orc tribes are big themes in this xpac, I expect more savage, crude armor, especially for warriors. One of the tiers could have a lot of fur mixed with class specific styles.

Hunters will be Chimera themed I'm betting since the first "creature" they showed off was the new chimera model.

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

10+ Year Old Account
    SPANDEX!!! MORE SPANDEX!!!

Bonus if you can place the quote.

DK set better be related to Teron Gorefiend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

He is Teron Gore at this point in time though, and is just a plain old orc. Not too Death Knight'ey.

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ectothrix View Post
    SPANDEX!!! MORE SPANDEX!!!

Bonus if you can place the quote.
    Nutty Professor. =3

And DK's should have something like this as a throwback;

Theyll have blood splattered all over them from the countless raiders dead or dying from thying to adjust to the new 20 man raid size.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I just want them to be good looking ffs. MOP hands down has had the worst looking armor ever in WoW. The last couple tiers were a total joke, a 3 year old could design better looking armor.

Seems if after WOTLK, Blizz just said fuck it to making armor look good.
    I actually really liked a lot of the pandaria tier sets. Only ones that stand out as lame for me is t14 warriors and just the helm for the t14 rogue set.

Deleted
    It will probably be Orc and Draenei savage gear for levelling and siege of Ogrimmar gear again since the enimies we fight will have Garrosh's technology and Draenei gear (floating jewels and crystals) for the raid gear. That's what my money is on.

I think you misunderstood what they said.
    Cloth shoulders are usable by any spec who can wear cloth, yeah! Cloth shoulders such as: http://www.wowhead.com/item=104672
    Tier pieces also still exist. They specifically said that your tier bonus would morph to match your current spec. Offset items are not the same as tier pieces.
    Raw tier items do not drop from raid bosses, you purchase them with dropped tokens. The tier system is going to stay exactly the same as it was previously, except that you only need to buy one tier set and then it will change to match your current spec.

Offset pieces also already use tier artwork as it is at present except in a few special cases, so they wouldn't even be doing any more work than they already do :P

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Tier 17 = 1 plate set, 1 cloth set, 1 leather set, 1 mail set. Perhaps different trim colorings based on spec, but I'd be surprised.
    Don't be daft. The set bonus' will be gone, yes but of course they'll make new class specific tier gear like ALWAYS. Honestly some people...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Just noticed his name is "melodramamancy", maybe I should have taken that as a hint!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Nutty Professor. =3

And DK's should have something like this as a throwback;

Huh, odd. The card shows Teron's old model (the one he had prior to the Black Temple patch, which is just warlock t5 with some odd shoulders). But nevertheless, the concept behind these Death Knights doesn't exist in the WoD reality, so a set based upon the original robed-caster Death Knight wouldn't make sense, at all.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann