10+ Year Old Account

What will the fields of farahlon be used for Speculation.

What do you think they are doing with the fields of farahlon. Its basically pre Outland Netherstorm. Its on the map of Draenor but they said that it would be added in a future patch. Im actually very excited about it. If they add it all, then it will be the biggest patch piece of land added ever i think? Here are 2 maps. I is the in game one, and one is an Outland and Draenor size comparison. It is pretty big.

In game map. Fields is the top right zone.

And here is the size comparison.

Also here is a size comparison to all of the zones in wow.

So It looks like Outland is 10% bigger than Pandaria, and Draenor is 10% or more bigger than Outland, so Draenor is probably almost as big as Northrend.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2013-11-12 at 11:27 AM.

Not count the Oger Mainland eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Not count the Oger Mainland eh?
    Yeah, the size of that land seems to equal 2-3 zones on Draenor....it is huge!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that big chunk will be playable in the next expansion. I thought they said the ogre home land was the island south of talador

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like a face. Kinda like a goron from the zelda series, looked at from the side.

Farahlon was once the home of the laughing skull clan apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I don't think that big chunk will be playable in the next expansion. I thought they said the ogre home land was the island south of talador
    I can't find the exact quote, but am sure they said in one of the interviews that the ogres did originate from the "Continent" south to Draenor, they also said that they have a huge kingdom out there comparable to the Kaldorei empire but it is beginning to slumber.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What do you think they are doing with the fields of farahlon. Its basically pre Outland Netherstorm.
    I'm leaning towards this place being the place where garroshs main rift was open, and it will be the place we would have to do an all out assault to go and close it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing it'll be added in 5.1 to set up us facing Grom at Tempest Keep in 5.2
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    The Tempest Keep won't even be there at that point of time, plus Grom will probably be in Shattrath, not anywhere in Netherstorm.

So this is a picture, from same video from guy above.. just with farahlon in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'm guessing it'll be added in 5.1 to set up us facing Grom at Tempest Keep in 5.2
    Ha! I enjoyed this comment on multiple levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmon View Post
    Yeah, the size of that land seems to equal 2-3 zones on Draenor....it is huge!!
    WTB Ogre mainland in the next expak!