Curse Client can't start: "Abstract method with non-zero RVA"

Curse Client v5 has never worked for me, and now that I've tried to make it work, I get that message no matter what I do, and I'm pretty sure my .NET files are fine. I tried to Google search it, but I couldn't find anything that I thought looked similar enough to my issue.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The things I came across on the net all point to .Net corruption. What .Net corruption is I have no real clue other then people with your error found reinstalling it was the way to go. I'd completely remove all the .Net stuff on your computer and reinstall. If I remember right, .Net 4 or whatever the new one is was the only way to open the client and if you had older versions you couldnt anymore.

Hope its as simple as suggested with just removing/reinstalling. gl

Armory : Fear@Cho'Gall UI Screen : Elv UI Wow Progress : Vindictive
    Cpu : Intel I7-2600k Mem : 16gb Corsair Vengeance Psu : Corsair HX1050 Gfx : EVGA GTX 770

I did this, but it didn't work. Now I have tried to turn off "Microsoft .NET Framwork 3.5.1" in Uninstall Programs under "Turn Windows features on or off". Now it says "Curse Client has stopped working" with a loading bar, which then goes away after a few seconds, leaving me still without Curse Client.

Deleted
    you shouldn't just turn it off there, you should completely uninstall the .NET package through the regular software removal tool, then reboot your computer, then download a fresh installer and install it.

I have no problems with this software, so either your computer has issues with the .NET framework itself, or you got conflicting software.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    you shouldn't just turn it off there, you should completely uninstall the .NET package through the regular software removal tool, then reboot your computer, then download a fresh installer and install it.

I have no problems with this software, so either your computer has issues with the .NET framework itself, or you got conflicting software.
    I will try Curse's approach again. http://clientsupport.curse.com/guide.aspx?id=33

What's the best source for .NET 4.0?

Curse only shows 3.5.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2013-10-05 at 05:51 PM.

Newer .net versions are not necessarily inclusive of all prior features, with I think 3.5 and 4.0 both being standalone in their own right.
    So I would get at least the version the Curse Client is aimed at, (I assume 3.5 given your question) with perhaps 4.0 also to at least provide support for any future applications which might require that.
    There is a 4.5 now as well, which I doubt is targeted or required by that many applications.

It is very confusing, with the obvious thought that a bump in version numbers would mean backward compatibility.
    However that is not the case.

Hm, it fails to set up .Net 3.5 after I've cleaned it away. Weird.

Are you on Windows 7? It already includes .NET 3.5. Don't try to install it seperatly.

I'd try the following:
    1. Uninstall the Curse Client.
    2. Uninstall .NET 4.0 or .NET 4.5 if installed, including everything related to it (language packs, ...).
    3. Disable the .NET 3.5 feature in the Windows features menu.
    4. Reboot.
    5. Enable the .NET 3.5 feature again (this will run all your .NET 2.0 to 3.5 applications).
    6. Install .NET 4.5 (this will run your .NET 4.0 and 4.5 applications).
    7. Install the Curse Client again. Should work now.

Quote Originally Posted by cremor View Post
    Are you on Windows 7? It already includes .NET 3.5. Don't try to install it seperatly.

I'd try the following:
    1. Uninstall the Curse Client.
    2. Uninstall .NET 4.0 or .NET 4.5 if installed, including everything related to it (language packs, ...).
    3. Disable the .NET 3.5 feature in the Windows features menu.
    4. Reboot.
    5. Enable the .NET 3.5 feature again (this will run all your .NET 2.0 to 3.5 applications).
    6. Install .NET 4.5 (this will run your .NET 4.0 and 4.5 applications).
    7. Install the Curse Client again. Should work now.
    Still haven't been able to make it work. It's quite infuriating, I have no idea what to do about it. It seems to refuse to install 3.5 SP1.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2013-11-12 at 05:12 PM.