Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Recruit A Friend Program Offers New Rewards

Recruit A Friend Program Offers New Rewards

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The Recruit A Friend program is back and better than ever! Now you can choose from 8 different mount and pet rewards—including the brand-new Emerald Hippogryph—and enjoy leveling benefits all the way to level 85.

The upgraded Recruit A Friend allows you to email friends and family members Starter Edition activation keys for World of Warcraft from directly within the game. To get started, simply open up your in-game Friends List and click the new Recruit A Friend button.

A Treasure Trove of Rewards
    Similar to the old system, after a recruited friend purchases 1 month of World of Warcraft game time, the veteran player (aka the recruiter) will get 1 month of free World of Warcraft game time. In addition, approximately one week after a recruit successfully purchases two months of game time, the veteran player will be able to select one of the following epic pet and mount rewards to permanently add to their collection. Recruit enough friends, and you’ll eventually be able to snag them all:

​In-Game Benefits
    To help you and your recruit take on the challenges of Azeroth together, players who participate in the Recruit A Friend program will enjoy the following in-game benefits for up to 90 days:

• Recruit and veteran characters can summon one another to each other's locations.
    • While adventuring with your linked friend or family member, you will each gain triple experience while partied up to level 85, as long as your characters are within 4 levels of each other.
    • For every two levels the recruit's characters earn, one grantable level is gained. Recruit characters may then grant these levels to the veteran player's character as long as the character is lower in level than the level-granting character.

Check out our video walkthrough of the new in-game Recruit A Friend process:

Click here to read more about using Recruit A Friend benefits.

FAQ

Q: I sent a request to a friend but they didn’t get it—what now?
    A: You can attempt to send another one. Ensure you have their correct email address, and let your friend know to check their Spam/Junk mail folders, as their email service could be filtering the invitation.

Q: How long are Recruit A Friend invitations valid?
    A: Recruit A Friend invitations are valid for 7 days. If you haven’t received a response from your friend within that time, you’ll need to send another invitation.

Q: My friend just started playing. Can I still recruit them even if they already made an account?
    A: Yes, with the new system you can recruit players who have World of Warcraft accounts that are less than 30 days old. Simply use the standard Recruit A Friend process. When your friend receives the email, clicking the link will bind your accounts for Recruit A Friend rewards and benefits (as long as the potential recruit’s account is still 30 days old or less).

Q: I’ve recruited someone already—can I do it again?
    A: Yes! You can recruit as many people as you like, and with the new reward system you’ll have a variety of mount and pet rewards to choose from when each of your recruited friends purchases two months of game time.

Q: Can I get every Recruit A Friend pet and mount?
    A: Yes. If enough friends accept the Recruit A Friend request from you and pay for two months of game time, you’ll be able to receive all of the rewards.

Q: I received a Recruit A Friend reward from the old system, but didn’t claim it. Will it still work?
    A: Yes. You will receive a credit for the old mount reward if you didn’t redeem it.

Q: I sent or received a Recruit A Friend request invitation from the previous system, but it hasn’t been accepted yet. Is it still good?
    A: No, you’ll need to send or receive a new invitation through the updated Recruit A Friend system.

For more information on the Recruit A Friend program, visit the support page.

Last edited by chaud; 2013-11-12 at 08:15 PM.

I just want the pigs from the Chinese promotions. Happy they are in now.

Meh, I would take the rocket.

Makes me wish I had a friend who hadn't already tried WoW. That emerald hippogryph is stunning but I have no hope of getting it.

So much for having a unique mount from the old RAFs... Time for them to give us back all the other mounts that are unavailable as well then?

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    Meh, I would take the rocket.
    I already have all the mounts except the hippogryph. So I would probably grab that before I got the pigs. :P

Quote Originally Posted by dumkin View Post
    So much for having a unique mount from the old RAFs... Time for them to give us back all the other mounts that are unavailable as well then?
    This.

Damnit

So when will this be enabled on EU?

dont live in a country that allows RAF :<

Can we just skip to the part where I just pay 30 bucks and get the mounts already? All my RAF mounts I've gotten have been from my own accounts to begin with.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2013-11-12 at 08:29 PM.

Deleted
    When does it go active in EU ?

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Makes me wish I had a friend who hadn't already tried WoW. That emerald hippogryph is stunning but I have no hope of getting it.
    you know, you can recruit yourself as many times as you want

10+ Year Old Account
    So i have a question, i recruited a friend 2 months prior to the removal of the old system .. so i got the 1month of free game time, but 4 days before i was elegible for the mount, they removed the program.

Now when i follow the instructions to redeem the mount, it doesn't show there!

I realy want the zebra mount.

Deleted
    That mount looks awesome, wish I had a mate which I could recruit...

i dont live in a country that allows raf so i think i will make a new account with a country that allows raf, question is what is the downfall for this if there is any.

Sucks that RAF doesn't work in Denmark. Quite dumb really :S

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got no friends but I'm happy to see Blizzard working hard to get more people in the game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benathor View Post
    So when will this be enabled on EU?
    Likely after server restarts tomorrow morning from 5-6 am.
    Surrounded by idiots

Anybody else LOL (I at least chuffed, IRL) about how epic and badass and loyal and always ready the new mount is while at the same time remembering that we won't be able to fly while leveling in WoD? I guess it's not THAT loyal or THAT always ready.