Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Deathwing's Lair

So... What's the likelihood that we'll come into contact with Deathwing again, seeing as his lair was just east of Hellfire, in Draenor. I think it'll be cool to finally see it though, since people have been hunting for it since you'd have to wall walk into Hyjal back in the old days of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamoot View Post
    So... What's the likelihood that we'll come into contact with Deathwing again, seeing as his lair was just east of Hellfire, in Draenor. I think it'll be cool to finally see it though, since people have been hunting for it since you'd have to wall walk into Hyjal back in the old days of WoW.
    This is long before that happened...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing's Lair is the pvp zone Ashran.

Deathwing never came to Draenor in this reality, he came during the events of WC2:BTDP, which never happened.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, i'm not sure you realize how old Deathwing is. Who's to say when he built his lair in Draenor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Deathwing's Lair is the pvp zone Ashran.

Deathwing never came to Draenor in this reality, he came during the events of WC2:BTDP, which never happened.

Blizz has confirmed that? I don't remember seeing anything about that.

Uh, i'm not sure you realize how old Deathwing is. Who's to say when he built his lair in Draenor.
    Well, since his first trip to Draenor was AFTER the portal opened for the events of WC2, which in this reality don't happen, I think it's save to say when. Which, in WoD, is never.

To add to this, Draenor B is connected to Azeroth A (Our Azeroth.) Azeroth B in this situation, which would be the only place a Deathwing could come from, since the one on Azeroth A is dead (We killed him.) likely doesn't exist, and certainly cannot interact with Draenor B.

Long story short, no Deathwing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because he had no way of getting to AU Draenor. It's a completely different planet (with no native dragons) from Azeroth where DW is from.

10+ Year Old Account
    In gathering the artifacts for Ner'zhul, he requested safe passage to Draenor. This is his first visit to the planet, so yes, we do know when it happened.

Deleted
    I think in TBC they retconned it so that Deadthwing's Lair would be in Blade's Edge Mountains because of the story with the gronn killing his kin and stuff. The island previously known as Deathwing's Lair is now just a random island in the lore. (Ashran - PvP zone).

We may go to the place that Deathwing would later use as his lair, but in this timeline he never would have made it his lair.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The island you're talking about isn't the one DW's lair is/would be on. The island that is the pvp zone belongs to the Warsong clan.

Deleted
    The island you're talking about isn't the one DW's lair is/would be on. The island that is the pvp zone belongs to the Warsong clan.
    Chris Metzen said it was the island known as Deathwing's Lair during the What's Next panel.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the placement of where the island metzen says is where DW's Lair is, is another island on the map i'm looking at.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...raenor_map.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Deathwing isn't some superman who can fly across the galaxy through space.

In this timeline Deathwing hasn't reached Draenor yet because the dark portal hasn't even been opened

his lair isn't on the map of draenor you're looking at

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    his lair isn't on the map of draenor you're looking at
    Uh.. yeah it is.

Listen dude, it has already been said and you can read it through the recaps on that MMO-Champ had on the wrong page. It is a FACT in the lore. Deathwing has been physically able to go to Draenor in the alternate timeline because the first time he want there was after the first invasion.

There is no first invasion now because of Garrosh. Deathwing cant be there, and it WAS said at Blizzcon that the PvP island is where Deathwing's lair would be in our timeline.

Those old maps don't always hold up to the current lore. Things changes, that is how it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yingyang View Post
    Those old maps don't always hold up to the current lore. Things changes, that is how it is now.
    See http://wowpedia.org/File:War2.jpg and http://wowpedia.org/File:AzerothWC1.gif for two perfect examples of that.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing never crossed to Draenor until WC2. Technically we're going back pre-WC1 even for this.

So there will be no lair. In fact, it's widely expected Ashran is in fact where Deathwing's Lair would be established.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yingyang View Post
    Listen dude, it has already been said and you can read it through the recaps on that MMO-Champ had on the wrong page. It is a FACT in the lore. Deathwing has been physically able to go to Draenor in the alternate timeline because the first time he want there was after the first invasion.

There is no first invasion now because of Garrosh. Deathwing cant be there, and it WAS said at Blizzcon that the PvP island is where Deathwing's lair would be in our timeline.

You should know that with Blizzard, lore doesn't mean a thing. If it doesn't work for them, they'll just write new lore.

As the others have said, really. Deathwing entered Draenor through the Dark Portal into Azeroth. In this alternate timeline, there won't be a portal between Draenor and their version of Azeroth. Deathwing will never know that it exists.